williewillie

It's low season

Guest tsubiboy29

I am off to Bangkok in 4 days. Just received an email from the hotel saying that the weather forecast will be 38, 38, 37, 39 degree.

how do they define rough? having to submit to having sex with fat ugly old falung? or working on the rice farm at home?

bkkguy

We ugly old fat farangs are fortunate that the boys don't think like us and aren't revolted by what we see as hideous.

Some of us are younger, slimmer, and not so hard on the eyes but you still need baht in your pocket to play in paradise.

Even the oldest ugliest and fattest among us can find what they want, they only need baht to live the dream.

Just returned to USA and the forecast here is the same as above except Fahrenheit not Celsius.

At least it's the tail end of a miserable winter. Spring flowers should be popping up any day. Days are getting longer and

you'll be back in Thailand before too long. Missing April and Songkran should be some consolation.

Guest abang1961

The first week of April marks the beginning of Ching-Ming, some sort of Memorial Day weekend here in Asia.

If you are within a Chinese community, expect the rampant burning of joss-sticks and other "goodies" for those who had left us.

Do expect some rain during this period (before Songkran)

I was in Pattaya from early March for three weeks and it was noticeable during that period the reduction in the number of gay farangs, like myself, on Dongtan Beach. Of course there is a corresponding reduction in the number of boys in town looking to service them. Its the old supply and demand equation !. April is the month of Songcran when I avoid Thailand like the plague.

Low season is not too bad for going to Pattaya. Because far less competition from other gay Farang and there are still many hot boys on the dating apps. They don't all leave Pattaya. It also cuts the prizes. 

Besides I don't like it when Boyztown for example is very crowded (like 31 December 2014, it was extremely crowded). I like it when it is more quiet.

One thing i don't like about Low Season is going into a Gogo and finding I'm the only customer. When Im through the door I don't like immediately turning round and walking out - i suppose I'm too polite, so I order a drink and the boys start putting down their phones and begin reluctantly shuffling. This is a contrast to high season when there would be plenty of customers looking for offs and the boys would put on a show.

One thing i don't like about Low Season is going into a Gogo and finding I'm the only customer. When Im through the door I don't like immediately turning round and walking out - i suppose I'm too polite, so I order a drink

Me too. But like you I never about-turn, I just get a drink and if it is awkward or there is not much interaction from the stage, drink it quicker than usual and onto the next bar. If the mamasan is not too objectionable (not many of them around) it's about the only situation I put up with one chattering to me.....

Because far less competition from other gay Farang and there are still many hot boys on the dating apps..

I've never understood this notion. How many boys do you intend to off each evening......69? What competition can there possibly be for the hundreds of bar/gogo/massage/club/general boys who are in Pattaya at any one time of the year. So once you have picked your boy for the night what happens to the other 750 who you have not taken off? 

Besides I don't like it when Boyztown for example is very crowded (like 31 December 2014, it was extremely crowded). I like it when it is more quiet.

Selfish and very short-sighted. How do you possibly expect all of these bars, agogos, show bars, massage shops, clubs etc to survive if it is permanently quiet just to suit you?  As I say when you have picked your one boy from the 3 bars you visit which you hope to be quiet, and you have paid your Bt120 or maybe Bt200 for the drink, where on earth do you expect the difference to be made up from for them to run at a profit so they can exist for YOUR next visit?   And also where do you expect all the boys you reject to get money to eat, pay rent, earn a living to be available for YOUR next trip?

Sorry to sound so negative with the poster but I really just don't understand this attitude. I tend to visit in low season simply because I prefer christmas/new year back in Scotland. But when visiting during low season in June and September/October have always found huge numbers of available boys way outnumbering potential clients, it could actually do with far MORE 'competition'!  I really wish the gay scene in boystown/sunee/jomtien was much,much busier than it is in low season. I find the busier the better for ALL concerned, as Traveller Dave comments, an empty bar is really no fun. Also if things are busier (read: more competition) the boys react more positively in my opinion.

I cannot envisage a single situation where anyone/everyone is a winner when there is less 'competition' from gay farangs....except for those who are self-centred perhaps.

Low season. high season, in-between season, I'm just happy to be in Thailand whatever the season, month, weather or gay farang 'competition'.

I'm leaving tomorrow morning for 3 weeks in Bangkok. I worry more about the weather in low season than if there are enough boys around. As stated just above, I'm happy to be there and don't expect any shortages.

Yes I see your point Newelaan. And you are right.

But I just don't like crowded places. Of course it is in my long term interest it is crowded. I realize that.

I like young twinks. Most Farang do. So if you are into these boys there is competition. Certainly if you want to off the boy of your first choice. Has happened to me often enough that I was too late in bar for my first choice.

Also in high season I notice sometimes that some bars are quite empty with customers. I think it is not going so well lately with business. It does worry me. I think dating apps are to blame.

In terms of quantity there is never a shortage of boys, but in busy times the hot boys can be in demand both in the bars and from GR.

You enter a gogo and spot a twink (Im into them also like most older farang gays) with a slim smooth body, large bulge and lovely face. However before you have ordered a drink some other guy has him and is proceeding to enjoy. You are jealous and wait a while hoping that he will leave and allow you to takeover but the off takes place. This happens to me less in low season when the hot boys are more available. But like other posters I dislike finding the gay areas resembling a British holiday resort on a wet November afternoon ( much higher temperature of course). Ive been on Dongtan gay beach in June and found acres of empty chairs with not a boy in speedos to be seen !.

Guest abang1961

Well the truth in Singapore is that most HOT guys are not even asking for anything.. they just want to have a good time, both in and out of bed.  Yes the truth is that if you are hit by the lower supply of guys in Thailand, drop by Singapore for that little extra spice.

Back to the topic:

Low season or not, HOT guys are always in demand.  

So grab them while they are still there!

I usually do 3 x 28 day trips to Pattaya a year during all seasons except peak season (mid December to mid January) and I have never had a problem finding a "HOTTIE" any time. I actually prefer low season.

Please tell me which job gives a person 3 * 4 = 12 weeks holiday in a year? You are a teacher?