Everything posted by Keithambrose
-
Chiang Mai Off Season September 2026 Updates
A friend of mine developed a sub dural haematoma a week after falling and banging his head. Not uncommon. Had operation and fine. Sensible to have a scan. They are cheaper here!
-
Weekend trip rainy season. What to expect?
I'm really sorry to hear this. I hope something is resolved. I always travel with hand luggage these days, to avoid this issue. Its surprising how little you really need, and if you are on a scheduled airline, you can take quote a lot. Its not raining now, and hasn't been all day, apart from a few heavy showers so weather can't be blamed! I am here till Wednesday evening if you fancy a drink!
-
Weekend trip rainy season. What to expect?
Whats e-hailing? To my surprise, my peerage hasn't arrived yet. I must speak to Lord(!) Mandelson.
-
Weekend trip rainy season. What to expect?
Hope his luggage arrived. 2 hrs or more by carousel is awful, apart from the worry, there is usually no seating. Dreadful day.
-
Are you planning for 2027 yet , how was 2026?
I think you were overcharged. I pay around 400, max 500 for BB, but that's around GBP 265, not out of line for London. Inflation you know. Everything else has gone up, after all!
-
Are you planning for 2027 yet , how was 2026?
You can do both, as I try to do, helps time go quicker!
-
Are you planning for 2027 yet , how was 2026?
It was a joke!
-
Are you planning for 2027 yet , how was 2026?
24 carat toilet seat would be worth hundreds of thousands. We had a solid gold toilet stolen from an exhibition in a stately home in UK, Blenheim Palace. Valued at US$6m! In my work days I met a couple of Greek billionaire shipowners. They had gold taps in the bathroom, but not toilet!
-
Deluge in Pattaya
Hardly rained all day. Soi 4, Guido and cat, all dry!
-
Visa to cambodia - ?
Shame that USA can't manage it!
-
Are you planning for 2027 yet , how was 2026?
PeterRS is no longer posting....
-
Weekend trip rainy season. What to expect?
Hotel car, I'm afraid. Grateful, as hotel emailed me in Siem Reap to tell me my flight cancelled! Bangkok Airways did not, and I would have gone to airport 1 hour away to find no flight. Neither did they rebook, till I rang! My Bangkok Airways app said flight on time!
-
Questions regarding upcoming Cambodian trip
Even in new Siem Reap airport two of the toilets are squat. Picture on door!
-
Deluge in Pattaya
So, have you been to see @Olddaddy ?
-
Deluge in Pattaya
I packed an ultra lightweight, breathable rain jacket, only worn it twice. Meridien has very good solid umbrellas. Indeed they charge you if you lose it, which I am wont to do! Perhaps a passenger who hadn't paid his fare? Other reports mention strong smell of diesel oil?
-
Weekend trip rainy season. What to expect?
No, stayed enjoying my fried rice with pork at famous 7 star establishment. Patpong dry, ditto Surawong.
-
Weekend trip rainy season. What to expect?
All quiet on the orgy front, i'm afraid, hotel very quiet! Just going to bed at 1.30, not used to being up so late!
-
Weekend trip rainy season. What to expect?
As reported elsewhere, last night, apart from usual traffic chaos at Suvarnabhumi, easy journey, 30 mins to Le Meridien, Surawong. Patpong dry at 11.30.pm, deserted. Not raining currently.
-
Weekend trip rainy season. What to expect?
Staggered to late breakfast. Dire weather warnings for today, forecast rain 95%, and yet, it's dry outside, almost pleasant! weird.
-
Are you planning for 2027 yet , how was 2026?
PS I visit Sydney a lot and have friends there, they do not speak like that!
-
Are you planning for 2027 yet , how was 2026?
That would be a world I would not want to be in!
-
Are you planning for 2027 yet , how was 2026?
Wit?
-
Are you planning for 2027 yet , how was 2026?
He probably also had relatives who would be upset by those remarks.
-
Are you planning for 2027 yet , how was 2026?
Is that not a heartless and unpleasant remark, whatever personality you are using
-
E gates at Suvarnabhumi!
Sorry for typos. I'm quite tired!