Gay Thailand
This is the main forum for all things gay in Thailand. Post about specific events, places, activities, questions, and comments under the relevant city heading. If commenting on more than one city or other parts of Thailand, use the general comments section below. Keep the topics related to information on Thailand.
Subforums
11,067 topics in this forum
-
The following appears in PATTAYA TODAY: _____ Enormous Shakeup of Visa and Immigration Rules Most farangs -will be affected What began as a restriction on the number of 30 day visas on arrival has turned out to be a major reshuffling of immigration regulations, most of which were framed as far back as 1979. The new rules apply to short term and long term tourists and farang residents and cover yearly extensions of various types, investment visas and even work permits. The fact that it was announced on September 24 that the national immigration bureau chief lieutenant general Suwit Thamrongsrisakul has been transferred to an inactive post is not thought to have…
-
BANGKOK, Oct 2 (TNA) In a major step towards normalcy in a cooperative, rather than combative, Thai society, General Surayud Chulanont, Thailand's interim prime minister, began his first day in office at Government House on Monday, two weeks after military leaders staged a bloodless coup d'tat that brought him to power. United States ambassador Ralph Boyce was among his first official visitors. They discussed the current political situation in Thailand. Speaking to journalists after the meeting, the US envoy said the new Thai Prime Minister assured him that he would restore democracy to the kingdom as soon as possible, return civil liberties and rights to …
-
- 0 replies
- 1.5k views
-
-
My oh My how the gossip whores gather. When one of our own is away, the rumors often begin. When it is one of Pattaya
-
- 11 replies
- 5k views
-
-
I had a great time at the Weekend Night market on Theppasit Road near Jomptien. There was so much to see and buy. The prices are great and the variety is amazing. The market is right off of Sumkimvit Road and behind Lotus Shopping Center. This is a fun place to spend the evening if you are in Pattaya for the weekend.
-
I was walking around the other night and saw over 20 police officers. I thought they were out to get bars and perhaps a raid. They were on a raid but not for bars or for bar workers. They were busting the illegal card playing establishments. I have been told they do this often and take away buckets of 10 bath coins. I have not seen such a force of police in any rain in Pattaya. Have you ever seen the Thai guys you hang out with playing this game? I have watched on many occasions but can't quite seem to get it. Last night I was watching 2 Thais play chess. It wasn't a game I knew as it was not chess by English rules. It was more of a free for all. I didn't …
-
- 0 replies
- 1.6k views
-
-
WEEKLY REPORT ON THAILAND FOR THE WEEK OF OCTOBER 1, 2006 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Retired Army General named Interim Prime Minister of Thailand Mr. Body Beautiful Contest at Throb Wednesday, October 11 Le Caf
-
Sure you've probably seen this one (anyway, you dudes over here need to lighten up ... seems like too many Mods & Admins hangin' around for much fun to me). I have, but not for quite some time. Stumbled over it once again on a random surf through YouTube the other rainy night. As it did the first time, it brought nothing but a good laugh to my household here (that would be the cat). Hope it does the same for you ... either again, or ~ if you've been on Mars ~ for the first time: Cheers ... PS ... notice the connection to Thailand in the title to keep it here. Nobody reads the other Forums anyway (just like That Other Place).
-
INTERIM PRIME MINISTER: I'll Give Justice for All Surayud Vows to Heal a Divided Nation and Promises to Return Power after a Year A subdued ceremony and an uptight press conference. No dizzying promises and no smiling family photo session afterwards. With the international community frowning heavily upon him and local expectations becoming so strong they were almost palpable, retired Army commander Surayud Chulanont yesterday became Thailand's 24th prime minister, assuming the most delicate and daunting task a national chief executive has ever faced in modern history. In a manner that seemed to reflect a mix of his military background and brief spiritu…
-
- 0 replies
- 1.9k views
-
-
The following appears in THE NATION: _____ Suvarnabhumi: A Traveller's Lament As flight TG 401 touched down at the futuristic-looking Suvarnabhumi Airport on Friday night, the inefficiency of this new Bt150-billion facility took me and other passengers by surprise. The impressive view from the outside, of architectural structures bathed in blue light, gave way to appalling design flaws and apparent mismanagement by officials. "It's a new airport, so why did we have to board a bus [after deplaning]?" asked a fellow THAI traveller from Singapore. Less than two minutes later we were stuck in a bottleneck at the only escalator from the ground floor …
-
- 3 replies
- 2.4k views
-
-
I have now updated the pages with Bus info timetables and the latest on the Taxi and Arrivals situation. Also a link to Plane arrivals and departure info. Link below not working with IE7 sorry. www.boxertravels.com/airport/index.htm
-
Can anyone tell me where the Bar featured on the home page pic - Visa/Ice Bar - is? Cheers
-
Bangkok Post Breaking News THAILAND GETS 24TH PRIME MINISTER (dpa) - General Surayud Chulanont, a respected retired army officer who has served as a privy councillor, was appointed Thailand's new Prime Minister Sunday. King Bhumibol Adulyadej approved his nomination making it official, the government said. Surayud is Thailand's 24th prime minister since the kingdom became a constitutional monarchy in 1932. But perhaps more important he is the first since 1992 who did not win the position in an election. Still, he is widely respected by civilian leaders and within the military as honest and not corrupt. Surayud's appointment comes 13 d…
-
The following appears in THE NATION: _____ UNOFFICIAL TRANSLATION Constitution of the Kingdom of Thailand (Interim Edition) of B.E. 2549 Somdet Phra Paramintharamaha Bhumibol Adulyadej Sayammintharathirat Bormmanatthabophit graciously grants the interim constitution on October 1 B.E. 2549, which is the 61st year of the present reigh. Phrabat Somdet Phra Paramintharamaha Bhumibol Adulyadej Mahitalathibet Ramathibodi Chakkri Narubodin Sayammintharathirat Borommanatthabophit is graciously pleased to proclaim that: The leader of the Council for Democratic Reform successfully staged the coup on September 19 B. E. 2549 and presented a report to H…
-
- 0 replies
- 1.6k views
-
-
His Majesty, the King has approved the new interim constitution for Thailand. So far, I have not seen any details as to what is in the new constitution. The following appears in the BANGKOK POST: _____ Broadcast of ceremony A nationwide broadcast has been scheduled this afternoon of the ceremony at which the interim prime minister will receive the royal command on his appointment, a TV Pool source said last night. The Government House ceremony will be broadcast from 4.45pm. The Council for Democratic Reform (CDR) is due to submit its choice for PM - expected to be General Surayud Chulanont - for endorsement by His Majesty the King today, after the e…
-
- 0 replies
- 1.3k views
-
-
Much past my bedtime, I have no desire to venture out after 1AM. I think perhaps I am too old to enjoy the scene or just too content with my current boyfriend to stay out that late. However, I keep hearing that many bars are extending their hours and staying open past 1, 2 and 3. I would love to hear some stories from others about the scene past 1AM. If not, I will have adjust my sleep pattern one night and stay out all night. Please help me with this as I am not sure I would be able to wake up the next morning if I stay out too late.
-
Clubber bar in the Clubber compound is a nice treat. They had several handsome men there last night. They seem to have a new mamasan. He used to be the doorman at Sundance. He is a very nice man and he is now doing a nice job. The Clubber compound seems to be doing good business. They have a nightly crowd in the beer bar. The food joint was crowded when I walked by last night. The gogo bar was fun. I was the only farange there other than one guy who seemed to be orally engaged. If you are in Pattaya, you need to drop by the Clubber area as they have done a very nice job with the place.
-
- 2 replies
- 1.9k views
-
-
I took off a very sexy guy last night. He was 22, slim, classically sexy and a night large package. I was so excited to see what lay beneath the surface clothing. When we finished with our showers, he lay on the bed with a towel covering up that massive piece. I was a little sad but realized I had not taken a gay boy but a ladyboy. I have a hard time telling the difference at times. One sure fire way to know is when they get into position. Most ladyboys will cover up and now want to show their manhood. I was anxious to see but was not given the pleasure of it last night. As I can't tell if they are offended if I want to see their shaft, I did not ask. I did…
-
- 0 replies
- 1.9k views
-
-
I love all the advise that you guys write. I really thank you for all the information. Has any of you guys ever used Chob he is a Tour Guide in BKK. I really enjoyed his website, I am going to use him to show me around BKK. Any info on him would be appreciated. Also I would love to bring him something from the USA. Any suggestions what kind of small gift that a Thai would love to have from America. Thank you guys for any suggestions. Lenny
-
-
The following appears in THE NATION: _____ US cuts off millions in Military Aid to Thailand WASHINGTON - The United States cut off millions of dollars in military assistance to its ally Thailand on Thursday, in response to the military coup that ousted civilian prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra, the State Department said. "In response to the military coup on September 19 in Thailand, the United States has suspended almost 24 million dollars of assistance to the Thai government," State Department spokesman Sean McCormack said. He said the aid cutoff involved foreign military financing, international military education and training, and peacekeeping op…
-
- 13 replies
- 3.8k views
-
-
I have some friends who want to go to Chiang Mai and are looking for a good tour guide. I recommended Ben's Tours, but Ben is booked up on the dates they are going to be there. Does anyone know of another good English-speaking tour guide in Chiang Mai? It does not necessarily have to be a gay tour guide.
-
- 9 replies
- 4k views
-
-
The following appears in THE NATION: _____ THAI Executive Pays the Price Airline Cracks the Whip over Baggage Bungling at Airport Thai Airways International Plc yesterday sacked an executive over the hours-long luggage delays on the opening day of Bangkok's new international airport. "The problem was caused by internal management problems at Thai Airways. We have already sacked a top person in charge of handling luggage," said airline president Apinan Sumanaseni. THAI's board members held an urgent meeting yesterday to discuss the luggage problem and decided to reshuffle several executives. The board has removed Pethai Boonyaves as vice pre…
-
- 0 replies
- 1.5k views
-
-
WIWAT CHANG That's G-A-Y not grey. There is anything between 5-10% of the Thai male population that are homosexual or gay. If 5% is the conservative guesstimate, then we're talking about 1.5m gays in Thailand alone and may be 150m in the whole world. Could this be a niche market that car makers could tap into? What do gay drivers want? A self-admitted gay motoring journalist said that most gays consider a car pretty much the same way as a woman - aesthetic and practicality are the two top concerns. He also believes that many gays love cars just like straight men - they read about cars, drive cars and buy cars they like driving too. That's not…
-
The world should be aware of the fact that there is heavy censorship on this board. The other night I came home in the wee hours rather drunk, signed on, and made a very rude, nasty and ill-advised reply to someone. The next day my post had been deleted along with the one I had responded to. This prevented me from making an all-out ass of myself publicly. What's up with that?????? Don't I have the right to make drunken, rambling, nasty posts? Excuse me now....I have to go chew on my toenails.
-
I went last night to JJ's Pub and Karaoke. First we opened a bottle of whiskey at the Karaoke place. The atmosphere was very fun and upbeat. The place has many TV