Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Gay Thailand

This is the main forum for all things gay in Thailand. Post about specific events, places, activities, questions, and comments under the relevant city heading. If commenting on more than one city or other parts of Thailand, use the general comments section below. Keep the topics related to information on Thailand.

  1. Started by Gaybutton,

    I'm writing this at 6:40 AM. It's still too early to report on the actual exchange rates. I'll post what happens with the baht when the information becomes available. Meanwhile, according to the following article, we can expect the baht to take a plunge as a result of the coup. Obviously there is no way to predict, at this point, how much of a hit the baht will take, but I have a feeling it will be short lived and start heading in its 'normal' direction once the dust settles from the coup. Take advantage of the favorable rates while you can, guys . . . The following appears in the BANGKOK POST: ______ Baht Records 4-Year Record Fall New York …

  2. Started by Gaybutton,

    Here's something else I don't get. The coup has suspended Thailand's constitution. That, I suppose, is to be expected during a military coup, but why create a new one? What's wrong with the current constitution? I've seen many articles saying a new constitution will be drawn up, but I haven't seen any articles that explain why. Why not simply lift the suspension and go right back to the current constitution? I don't get it.

  3. Guest wowpow
    Started by Guest wowpow,

    'Bangkok Dangerous' isn't The military coup has interrupted filming of Nicolas Cage's new movie, Bangkok Dangerous, the gangster thriller being shot in Bangkok, according to a foreign news report. The Chinese web site Sina.com said Cage also had prepared a private jet to leave the country on short notice. Twin Thai brothers Danny and Oxide Pang are remaking their 1999 film, "Bangkok Dangerous" with Cage as star. According to Sina.com, the problems began when news of the coup on Tuesday night reached the crew. Cage was immediately sent back to his hotel. Crew members remained on the set to keep an eye on prop guns, but Cage persuaded the producer t…

    • 0 replies
    • 1.6k views
  4. BANGKOK, Sept 21 (TNA) Most people in all walks of life support a coup d

    • 7 replies
    • 2.6k views
  5. Started by Gaybutton,

    The following appears in THE NATION: _____ Question of Status Looms for Ousted PM Thaksin Shinawatra was travelling light. As far as the British government is concerned, however, he may have arrived in London yesterday with very heavy political baggage. It's not about attempts to buy an English Premiership football club this time. The smiling politician has been overthrown by a coup in his country, accused of massive corruption among other things, and his arrival immediately triggered speculation about political asylum. As of yesterday, he had not made any request, and his British hosts, while providing the best welcome he can expect, must hope that …

    • 1 reply
    • 2.1k views
  6. Started by TotallyOz,

    I guess I have always been attracted to the Alpha male. It is something I really enjoy. I don't like the younger feminine boys. I like a man: masculine, physically powerful, and sexy. I also like a guy who can take charge of situations. I was having drinks with a friend last night and we were discussing the Alpha males in Pattaya. He gave some good advice, which I really took to heart. I used some of his techniques on a guy I have wanted to have a short time with for a long time. We were never able to come to an agreement. Last night, I let him play the role of the Alpha male to the tee. He was the one in charge and I let him take the reins. When I did, he g…

    • 22 replies
    • 8.2k views
  7. Thailand's Loy Kratong holiday will be Sunday, November 5 this year. The following appears in the PATTAYA CITY NEWS: _____ Pattaya Eastern Sound to Rock Jomtien Beach in November On Thursday Morning at Pattaya City Hall, a further preparation meeting took place for the forthcoming Pattaya Eastern Sound Music City 2006 which will take place between 1st and 5th November on Jomtien Beach. The purpose of the event is to search for the Eastern Young Rocker 2006 and to promote local bands who will also take the stage. The Young Rocker competition will take place between 1st and 3rd and on 4th a concert featuring top Thai rock bands AB Normal and Overdri…

  8. Guest wowpow
    Started by Guest wowpow,

    Hundreds of foreigners stuck on the closed Myanmar border PHUKET CITY: -- An Immigration officer based in Ranong confirmed by telephone this morning that it is still impossible to make

    • 0 replies
    • 1.5k views
  9. Guest PapaDavid
    Started by Guest PapaDavid,

    The following is today's developments from BKK Post Breaking News: Developments in the military coup d'etat: (all times Thailand ): bangkokpost.com 20:17 His Majesty the King officially endorses appointment of coup council of administrative reform with Gen Sonthi Boonyaratkalin as head. 18:00 Troops arrest ex-Thai Rak Thai MP Thawee Kraikhupt for protesting coup at Democracy Monument. Hunger striker Chalard Worachat for gathering more than 5 people. 15:35 Administrative Reform Council leader General Sonthi Boonyaratkalin: Suvarnabhumi Airport will be opened as scheduled, no plan to seize Thaksin's assets, no plan to seize Shin…

    • 4 replies
    • 2.8k views
  10. Started by Gaybutton,

    Note from GB: We have had a couple of threads already discussing what is about to take place regarding visa runs. The crackdown will apply only to those who come to Thailand under the 30-day 'visa-free' regulations. It does not apply to those holding visas. I believe this article from THE NATION merits a new thread and will make the whole thing clear: _____ Big Impact Expected from Tougher Visa-Free Entry Rules Published on September 16, 2006 The days of foreign visitors doing endless "border runs" in order to live - and often work - in Thailand are over, the Immigration Police announced yesterday. The Kingdom will tighten its immigration rul…

    • 15 replies
    • 4.6k views
  11. Started by Gaybutton,

    BANGKOK, Sept 21 (TNA) Thailand's Council for Democratic Reform under Constitutional Monarchy on Thursday announced a ban on political parties meeting and barred the establishment of new parties. "Meetings of political parties and conducting any other political activities are banned," said the statement read on national television. The council said in its statement that the move is necessary to maintain law and order. It was the latest announcement after the council imposed martial law on a nationwide basis, and repealed the 1997 Constitution when they effected a bloodless coup d'etat Tuesday night to overthrow caretaker Prime Minister Thaksin Shinaw…

  12. Guest Martelly
    Started by Guest Martelly,

    Does anyone know what the over stay fine is now?

  13. Guest fountainhall
    Started by Guest fountainhall,

    Apologies if this has cropped up in other posts. One of today's English papers predicts traffic chaos on the expressways once the new airport is fully open, especially during rush hours. It even suggested 2 - 3 hours will not be uncommon to the Sukhumvit hotels - i.e. like it used to be with Don Muang before the elevated expressway opened. I believe there are several alternatve expressway routes to Suvarnabhumi and assume that the most direct ones will be the most congested. Does anyone know of a more roundabout route that just might be faster by taxi - if a little more expensive? Normally I take the Rama 4 exit. As an aside, I must be in Tokyo on September 30 but ha…

    • 9 replies
    • 2.9k views
  14. As of the moment I'm posting this, the US dollar to baht exchange rate is 37.22 baht per dollar. Because of the coup the baht was expected to dramatically weaken. So far that has not happened and now the predictions are that it will not happen. _____ BANGKOK, Sept 21 (TNA) The baht has rebounded more steadily this morning after weakening sharply on Wednesday in response to a coup d

  15. Started by Gaybutton,

    The answer to that is simple. Yes. The ARC, as the coup leadership has been dubbed by the press (Administrative Reform Council) has stated that the airport will open on schedule with full airline operations.

  16. Guest PapaDavid
    Started by Guest PapaDavid,

    All the activity seems to be in BKK. What's happening in Pattaya etc. I know a public holiday has been ordered for today and that banks etc are supposed to be closed. Any sign of troops on the streets or other indications of the coup there?

    • 19 replies
    • 5.8k views
  17. Started by Gaybutton,

    PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT - THAILAND 1. This Public Announcement is being issued to alert U.S. Citizens traveling to and residing in Thailand to the recent military coup in Thailand. This Public Announcement expires December 19. 2. On September 19 a military group calling itself the Council for Democratic Reform Under the Constitutional Monarchy (CDRM) seized control of the Thai government and declared martial law. The CDRM banned any political gathering of more than five persons. The CDRM also banned the hoarding of goods or the increasing of the price of goods of any kind. The CDRM announced it will appoint a civilian government within two weeks as the first step t…

  18. Guest letmetellu
    Started by Guest letmetellu,

    Its all getting better Come to Thailand its like it use to be for the first time in Years. I dont know about Military Coup with some timid Americans canceling there flights to the Land of Smiles as they do at the first sign of a hiccup apart from the real hardy Gays, its such a Party atmosphere here in Thailand Now, everyone is celebrating the fact that may be at last the tentacles of power are not going to have a negative effect on business. I was with two Gay business owner friends of Mr. T of Panorama and Funny Boys Bar the most comfortable Go Go Bar in Boys Town and Mr. H of the wonderful Symphony Restaurant last night, but Mr. T.has grave thoughts of all…

    • 0 replies
    • 1.8k views
  19. Started by Gaybutton,

    Last week there was a thread inquiring where one can go for a truly great steak. Regarding true greatness, I'm hoping that Manhattans Steak House (that's the correct spelling, by the way . . . no apostrophe) will proivide the answer to the dream. I hope Letmetellu will forgive me for being the one to "scoop" this little item, but the long awaited Manhattans Steak House will open for business on Friday, September 15. That's tomorrow, folks, and I'm hoping to be one of the first ones in there. This evening I dropped by to have a look at the menu. Actually, the bar is already open. I met the manager, Tom Vicario, an American. He is a very pleasant, experienced…

    • 30 replies
    • 7.3k views
  20. Started by TotallyOz,

    I enjoy a night in Boyztown. Lucky 7 use to be my favorite bar in the area. I still enjoy it occasionally. However, I have found that Funny Boys and Dynamite are 2 amazing places that feel comfortable at and always find a sexy boy to spend time with. I think I off more boys from BoyzBoyzBoyz than other bars in the area but I think it is because I have a few regulars there that I find hot and a great change of pace for me. I have one hot muscle stud that I have been seeing there for about 2 years. He is about 27 and built like a stone statue. Dynamite has the best mamasan in all of Pattaya. She has never led me astray and she consistently finds great guy…

  21. Guest Nabeel
    Started by Guest Nabeel,

    Hey, have you heard the news.. No I am watching a movie It's 09.00 turn on the TV channel, there is a Coup in Thailand I don't know this coup, I like this movie You saw that last week, and this is important Maybe, but the movie is good, later ..... Look, will you please watch the TV news channel. Why, the end is good, 10 minutes ( Thai time). (One hour later, forced to turn the TV over....) Look that is what I have been tryin to tell you.. Oh, okay, let's finish the movie.... This was the morning conversation I experienced. Got more information at the local Noodle Shop!!! T.I.T.

    • 0 replies
    • 1.3k views
  22. Guest Boxer
    Started by Guest Boxer,

    Pattaya 9.45am: The beach is open and ready for business although heavy rain overnight and dark clouds above I see two brave souls in deck chairs and a guy swimming. Coup? oh do you mean that large glass of Breakfast Cocktail being delivered by a very handsome boy..... haha! Lack of live news is worst thing today with TV off and only late Internet news on. Such a hard life living here.....

    • 0 replies
    • 1.3k views
  23. Started by Gaybutton,

    Attention American Citizens: A group calling itself the Committee for Democratic Reform under the Monarchy as Head of State has apparently seized control of the government institutions in Bangkok and declared martial law. We have seen various reports that the military has deployed troops around key government facilities and other strategic locations around Bangkok. There are no indications of any violence at this point. We advise all American Citizens to continue to monitor the situation closely, avoid any large gatherings and exercise discretion when moving about the city. At this point, we are not advising Americans to leave Thailand; however…

    • 1 reply
    • 1.6k views
  24. Guest ronnieu
    Started by Guest ronnieu,

    hello all..........this will be my first trip to thailand. so i want to know the best bars to go to first... also i want to see pictures of the boys...are there any web sites i can go to????? i want to have a gay ole time in thailand.... OH YEA....in the day time what should i see?? im not just about sex....theres more to me....help me enjoy my vacation ronnie

    • 7 replies
    • 19.8k views
  25. Started by Gaybutton,

    The following appears in the BANGKOK POST: _____ Australia advises citizens to avoid Thailand Australia urged citizens not to travel to Thailand following a bloodless coup last night. Staff at the Australian embassy in Bangkok have been told not to send their children to school until the situation was clarified. "In light of the very uncertain political situation and apparent military-led takeover of the government, we strongly advise Australians to reconsider their need to travel to Thailand until the situation is clarified," the Department of Foreign Affairs website said. Australians in Thailand Should Exercise Extreme Caution "You should…

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.