Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Gay Thailand

This is the main forum for all things gay in Thailand. Post about specific events, places, activities, questions, and comments under the relevant city heading. If commenting on more than one city or other parts of Thailand, use the general comments section below. Keep the topics related to information on Thailand.

  1. Guest takesall
    Started by Guest takesall,

    So is it a miliitary coup gone wrong and Thaksin is still in charge or is it a militrary coup gone right and Taksin is now exiled? For more on this topic watch international news.

    • 2 replies
    • 2.3k views
  2. Started by TotallyOz,

    There are many ways to tell if your boyfriend has really gone home to mama when they leave you. I have 3 sure fire ways. 1. When they start calling you to say hello before 8AM they are either just going to bed or just waking up. If home with family, they often wake up with the sun. 2. When boy special wants you to talk to mama and you can tell her age on the phone and it is not the voice of a ladyboy. As the phone is passed, you can here in Thai, "here speak my farang." 3. When you talk to the in the AM and they don't have the normal Thai music in the background but instead you hear the roosters crowing. This is a sure fire sign that they are not in the…

    • 9 replies
    • 4.2k views
  3. Started by TotallyOz,

    My friend is worried about the new regulations. He wants to open a bar in Thailand and is proceeding with that. I have suggested he consider a different business but he insists this is what he wants. He said the legal paper to set up a company and to get a work permit is 85,000 bath. Is this about right? I have no idea myself and have not really researched this at all. Thanks.,

  4. Guest Boxer
    Started by Guest Boxer,

    For those who are interested West Side Story comes to Bangkok 8-15 Oct at the Cultural Hall. This from ThaiticketmasterThaiticketmaster.com The Magic of the West Side Story The award-winning Broadway musical

    • 12 replies
    • 4.8k views
  5. Guest ReneThai
    Started by Guest ReneThai,

    Are there any members living in Pattaya who can make some pictures of the progress in the construction works of the Sansuk Sauna ? http://www.howards-pattaya.net/sansuk.html refers to opening beginning of October http://www.sansukpattaya.com/ refers to opening November Rene

  6. Guest pete1969
    Started by Guest pete1969,

    I know there is always interest when a farang goes to visit a boy in his home. I thought I'd share my experience. Unlike most, I actually decided to spend a month with my boy in his home after seing pictures and after having high speed Internet installed beofre my arrival (my time in Thailand is a working holiday, and I use my laptop to work). My boy lives in an upper middle class suburb of Mae Jun which is half way between Chaing Rai and Mae Sai. He has a three bedroom house built on land next door to his grandmother and across from several aunts (all on his mother's side). His first farang BF built the house for him, and it was nice, but had no AC. However, he live…

  7. Guest A Rose By Any Other Name
    Started by Guest A Rose By Any Other Name,

    Just came across this and I think it explains all aspects of the new visa requirements simply and effectively. It was put out by Chiang Mai Expats Club... Hope it helps further clarify some sticky issues. THE SITUATION AS IT STANDS REGARDING VISA 1. Retirement Visa extension. If you have a foreign married spouse who is a dependent they will be able to get this dependent visa. ( change of what has been happing the last couple weeks in Bangkok) Example: You are 52 years old and you have a 34 year old wife who is from Germany, she can be a dependent. You only need 800,000 or a pension of 65,000 Baht per month as a couple. 2. Retirement visa extension: I…

    • 4 replies
    • 2.7k views
  8. Started by Gaybutton,

    There are so many stories out there about "farang" being cheated and conned by taxi drivers, boys, bars, hotels, restaurants, etc. Many feel that "farang" pricing as opposed to Thai pricing for baht buses and entrance into various venues are also forms of cheating. What kinds of experiences have you had and how did you respond? I think I must be one of the lucky ones. I have hardly ever been cheated in Thailand, but it definitely has happened. I had the following experience during one of my first trips to Thailand, before I knew better. This story was part of an article I had on my web site: ________________ Renting a car is a different ballgame. Ev…

    • 4 replies
    • 2k views
  9. Guest ronnieu
    Started by Guest ronnieu,

    tee pee....youre so cool and im so happy to have an online meeting with u. im sure so many people feel the same much love ronnie

    • 0 replies
    • 1.9k views
  10. Started by TotallyOz,

    I have found that as my age progresses, I get more versatile as the time goes by. When I first came out, I was a bottom only and hated to top. I then went through a stage where I only wanted to be a top, which lasted for 10 years (the stage not the actual act). Now, I find myself more versatile and it all really depends on the guy I am with. With one boy, I only want oral as he is simple the best there is. With one boy I only want to be the top as he obviously gay and into it. With one guy I only want to let him take charge and be the "man." I have found that I enjoy a bit of everything with the different guys. I have one guy I have taken many times and I on…

    • 3 replies
    • 2.9k views
  11. Started by Gaybutton,

    With all the new restaurants opening lately it's getting tougher to choose where to dine. There are so many marvelous choices at every price range. Now yet another new restaurant is going to open soon. It's called 'Flamboyant - Creative Cuisine,' located in the Jomtien Complex, right next door to the 'Hot Stone Grill' and directly across from the blind massage institute. The restaurant is under construction, but from what I can see it looks like it will be a beautiful restaurant. I have not seen anything yet that announces when it will open. Based on the construction progress, it looks like they are at least a month or two away from being able to open.

    • 6 replies
    • 2.9k views
  12. Started by TotallyOz,

    Ernesto's was packed on Sunday night. I did not get a chance to go but had friends there and they said the food was excellent. Ernesto's is done by the same guys that did the old Ole in Day/Night 2. They have a Wednesday night Buffet that is excellent. Da-Ernesto 247/43-44 Soi Yensabai about 20 meters from Koenig Mansion and just off Third Road, Telephone: 01-588-9137 Website: <http://www.da-ernesto.com>

    • 3 replies
    • 2.6k views
  13. Guest mauRICE
    Started by Guest mauRICE,

    For someone who takes a keen interest in Pattaya community affairs, and the welfare of commercial sex workers in particular, I am curious as to the lack of participation from RichLB in recent months. Rich and I didn't always see eye-to-eye but we did enjoy a few online chats together. I hope all is well with him.

    • 4 replies
    • 2.8k views
  14. Guest pete1969
    Started by Guest pete1969,

    As noted in another thread, I recently spent a month in the CR area. I thought I'd share some insights. First, of all, I HIGHLY reccomend that anyone visit this area of Thailand. CR is the largest Northenmost city in LOS. It is in a hilly/mountainous region that is beautiful. It is much cooler than the rest of Thailand. CM has a major airport, and a number of airlines have flights there. I flew into CR via Airasia. There are some major hotels in CR itself including a Dusit hotel as well as a number of nice (and cheap) resorts in the mountian region. This area is beautiful. It reminds me a great deal in many spots of the California wine country but much more lu…

    • 14 replies
    • 6.6k views
  15. Guest JoeM
    Started by Guest JoeM,

    WEEKLY REPORT ON THAILAND FOR THE WEEK OF SEPTEMBER 17, 2006 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Maisie Trollette performed at the Bondi Hotel, Cafe and Lounge; benefit for Pattaya Orphanage; 35,000 baht raised at The Bondi Red Dragon Bar, Day Night Soi 1, celebrating new decorations, change in format, October 1; open now after renovations already completed Beautiful Body Contest coming at Throb; help urged for sponsors; health report on Kevin Ms. Silom Soi 4 chosen last week; Mr. Silom Soi 4 chosen this week Niddy's Nook birthdaay bash is big success …

    • 0 replies
    • 1.7k views
  16. The following appears in THE NATION: _____ Economy Flyers Get a Lounge at Airport Thai Airways International Plc (THAI) will provide its first economy-class lounge at Suvarnabhumi Airport, consisting of entertainment facilities, shower rooms, e-service and resting corners. At the new airport, passengers will be surprised with several new services never before available in the Kingdom. The economy-class lounge is rare among airlines, most of which operate only first- and business-class lounges. But THAI is following a trend at other new airports which have started offering economy-class lounges. Charnchai Singtorij, vice-president of the cargo an…

  17. Started by TotallyOz,

    An interesting story in the Washington Post today. http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...6091500923.html The ID Chip You Don't Want in Your Passport By Bruce Schneier Saturday, September 16, 2006; Page A21 If you have a passport, now is the time to renew it -- even if it's not set to expire anytime soon. If you don't have a passport and think you might need one, now is the time to get it. In many countries, including the United States, passports will soon be equipped with RFID chips. And you don't want one of these chips in your passport. RFID stands for "radio-frequency identification." Passports with RFID chips store an electronic cop…

    • 1 reply
    • 2.1k views
  18. Started by Gaybutton,

    The following appears in THE NATION: _____ SOUTHERN BOMBINGS Hat Yai Weeps, Fears Worst Published on September 18, 2006 Canadian teacher killed, 14 foreigners among 70 injured n Business leaders expect to lose millions of tourist dollars The fatal bombings on Saturday night have cast a grim shadow over this vital economic and tourist hub of southern Thailand. In the space of a few hours after the bombings, thousands of visitors fled the city and many more cancelled hotel bookings. Community business confidence has also been rocked. Six bombs exploded almost simultaneously at a bar, department stores, a hotel and a massage parlour …

  19. Guest letmetellu
    Started by Guest letmetellu,

    An eye popping Night out, you could have if your not of a nervous disposition? Mr. Friend who now owns 5 Bars, Hotel and Disco In Soi Twilight, but likes to play a very low profile, he wont thank me for this, but why stay out of the limelight for so many years, even he can have 5 minutes of fame, so when he rang me this afternoon saying would I take him on a fun Roller Coaster Ride of the Pattaya Bars and restaurants, he knows no one who does it better I was quite chuffed coming from him, as he is normally so hard to please, so much so he has sold his Disco after spending a lot of money on it then after having so much hassle from the police it was not worth all the …

    • 14 replies
    • 7.1k views
  20. Started by TotallyOz,

    I ate at the new Clubber tonight. It is German food in the heart of Sunee. They had a special of Roast Pork, potatoes and veggies for 180 bath. The food was very good and the service was fast and friendly. The owner is a very nigh gentleman and he is also an expert with food. I enjoyed the food and the atmosphere. If you like watching the street scene, they have the best air-conditioned tables around.

  21. Started by Gaybutton,

    2006 U.S. Elections Notice - - - Registration, Absentee Ballot Request Deadlines Approaching U.S. citizens who plan to vote in the upcoming mid-term elections on November 7, 2006 are urged to submit their voter registration and/or absentee ballot requests without delay. Use the Federal Post Card Application, available on-line from the Federal Voting Assistance Program (FVAP) website at http://www.fvap.gov <http://www.fvap.gov/> . Each state has its own regulations and deadlines for registering and requesting absentee ballots. Your state may require receipt of your request as early as 30 days before the election. Check the FVAP website …

  22. Guest ronnieu
    Started by Guest ronnieu,

    WHO DO I TALK TO ABOUT BECOMING A TEACHER IN THAILAND.....? AN ENGLISH TEACHER

  23. If you are traveling to or from Thailand, via Japan or Korea, between now and about September 20, travel advisories have been issued due to Typhoon Shanshan. That same typhoon has been the major factor causing the torrential rains you have been reading about (or experiencing) in Pattaya and the rest of Thailand. BANGKOK, Sept 16 (TNA) Travelers flying to Japan and Korea during the next couple of days are warned to check weather conditions before their departures as Typhoon Shanshan is approaching the two East Asian nations, while Thailand should brace for more downpours, with torrential rain forecast in some areas. The Meteorological Department warned her…

  24. Guest Boxer
    Started by Guest Boxer,

    A friend had set off on holiday planning to stay in Bkk overnight Friday ready for early flight the next day Saturday. Got to his hotel at 4 pm and found out he had left his passport in Pattaya. What would you do without coming back to collect it? Post Office not open or suitable. Special Mail not in service over weekend deliver Tuesday at earliest say Carrefour Post Office. Give to Bkk Taxi for delivery as Courier? There are always one or two near Soi 17 CK Hotel but when asked they wanted 500 baht without telling them what it was. Possible but not very secure. Drive yourself to Bkk to give it him, petrol cost, 5 hours drive not enjoyable! Eventually went…

    • 0 replies
    • 1.5k views
  25. Guest wowpow
    Started by Guest wowpow,

    SOUTHERN VIOLENCE Six blasts rock Hat Yai Two foreigners among five killed in attacks on hotel, department stores Five people were killed and about 60 injured in a series of six explosions in Hat Yai's business centre last night. The blasts went off at two shopping malls, one of the city's biggest hotels and three other locations. Witnesses said the bombs went off at roughly five-minute intervals starting at around 9pm, when the area was crowded with tourists and locals going out to dine and for night entertainment. Two of the dead were foreigners - one Chinese and one Westerner. The injured were sent to nearby hospitals including Raj Yindee Ho…

    • 0 replies
    • 1.8k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.