Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Gay Thailand

This is the main forum for all things gay in Thailand. Post about specific events, places, activities, questions, and comments under the relevant city heading. If commenting on more than one city or other parts of Thailand, use the general comments section below. Keep the topics related to information on Thailand.

  1. Guest JoeM
    Started by Guest JoeM,

    WEEKLY REPORT ON THAILAND FOR THE WEEK OF OCTOBER 22, 2006 (Published October 25, 2006) ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hollywood Pattaya Disco Fire Monday night, Oct. 23, "no problem"; back in operation Tuesday Kevin's Final Fling set for October 30 at Throb - Splash Hallowe'en Show at Throb - Splash introduces new owners to public; free admission Oct. 31 Take Care! Safe Sex Project raises funds with party at Monty's Enchanted Hut Saturday Dicks' at Duangthawee Plaza has White :Party November 1 Sunny from Sunee Reports: Sunee Plaza area and Day Night area …

    • 0 replies
    • 1.4k views
  2. Started by Bob,

    My Chiangmai friend (28 in a few weeks) obtained his driver's license 3 months ago and I have had the privilege (perhaps better said as "sheer terror") of driving all over the Chiangmai area with him the last 10 days. His boss (bf works part-time at a guesthouse in CM) allows bf to use one of his cars. The boss, of course, is very generous and very, very, stupid.... [since it is difficult to tell my friend "your driving sucks", I am bitching to the world with this post] I have no clue what they teach them to obtain a driver's license but it's obviously very little.Then there's no temporary license while they have to drive with an adult nor any probationary pe…

    • 4 replies
    • 2.5k views
  3. Started by Gaybutton,

    You know how so many people write about how dangerous it is trying to cross Second Road? Read this, from the PATTAYA CITY NEWS: ____ Irish Man Badly Hurt as he Hit by Speeding Motorbike on Pattaya Second Road Police and rescue workers along with an ambulance from the Bangkok-Pattaya Hospital rushed to Pattaya Second Road in front of the entrance to Soi 13 in the early hours of Monday Morning after receiving reports of a foreign man who had been knocked down and badly injured by a speeding motorbike. At the scene, the victim an Irish National was being treated by medical staff for a badly broken right leg and a serious head injury. According to witnesses…

    • 1 reply
    • 1.9k views
  4. Started by Gaybutton,

    The following appears in the PATTAYA CITY NEWS: _____ Thai Man Caught Stealing Lady

  5. Guest pete1969
    Started by Guest pete1969,

    Well, today my BF registered for classes for his MBA. He is attending Mae Fah Luang University in Chiang Rai. It is about 15 minutes drive from his home. I visited the campus with him several times when I stayed at his home, and it is very nice. The University conducts all their coursework in English, so it should sharpen my BF's already very good English skills. One of the great things is that he gave me his student ID number, and I am able to access his University account online. I can see the classes he is attending, if he has paid, if he withdraws, and his final grades. It makes it very easy for me to make sure he is on the up and up with his studies. He i…

    • 5 replies
    • 2.5k views
  6. Guest namjai
    Started by Guest namjai,

    For my 100th post, I guess I should write something worthy...lol...at least to me. Last week I returned to the States from Pattaya. To me it is pretty much the same. I love it as much as I did about 20 years ago when I first came. It is not as clean, too many condos have sprung up in this time, potholes are much more common in the streets. Where an old surf shop used to be on the gay beach is now the home of a large resort. The vendors look the same, selling the same stuff as usual. There are bars all over with the same looking guys...most who do not dance like my first bf who found me at Gentlemen's Club years ago. The Cafe Royale was a little dive calle…

    • 0 replies
    • 2.3k views
  7. Dear Pattaya Area American Citizens, The Consular Section of the American Embassy in Bangkok is pleased to inform you of an upcoming Embassy consular visit in Pattaya. Consular staff will be available to provide consular services on Friday, October 27, from 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM at the Dusit Resort on Pattaya Beach Road near the dolphin circle. The outreach will be held in Dusit Rooms 5 and 6 in the upstairs lobby. The following consular services will be available during the visit: *Passport renewal applications (US $67.00 or baht 2,680 for adult passports

  8. Started by TotallyOz,

    Actor TJ Knight just came out to People magazine. http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061019/ap_on_...ple_t_r__knight One of the things I love about Itunes is that when I am in Thailand, I can keep up with some shows in the states. Gray's Anatomy is one of them. I am glad that it is getting easier and easier for movie and TV stars to come out of the closet. If you are into story lines about gay characters, see Desperate Housewives as the son of one of the main stars is openly gay to his family and it makes for some very interesting moments. Reading the article about TJ, I wondered if the same is true in Thailand. They don't seem to have an issue with gay…

    • 1 reply
    • 1.7k views
  9. Started by TotallyOz,

    Boy Special asked me 3 days ago to go to Big C to see his mother who is in town for the day. I gave him some extra money to take her out and off he went. He called later that evening and said she wanted to spend the night and he would get her a room for the night.

    • 1 reply
    • 2k views
  10. Started by Gaybutton,

    The following appears in the BANGKOK POST _____ Third Army Moves Troops to Capital Follows Fears Thaksin may Return to Country WASSANA NANUAM, ANUCHA CHAROENPO & MONGKOL BANGPRAPA The Third Army sent a battalion of troops to Bangkok last night following fears of the return of deposed prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra and protests against the election of Meechai Ruchupan as National Legislative Assembly (NLA) president. An army source said the troops were sent from Nakhon Sawan, the closest contingent of the Third Army to Bangkok. Another four battalions were reported to be moving down from Phitsanulok. Army chief Gen Sonthi Boonyaratkalin ha…

    • 0 replies
    • 1.5k views
  11. Guest wowpow
    Started by Guest wowpow,

    Trying to get in from the UK I get a funny site and at the bottom it says "why am I here" and when I click it a mail compose site comes up titled "Inquiring about the domain 'sawatdee-gay-thailand.com', with status: Expired". I don't have Elephantspike's or Jink's address. If others are getting this maybe someone can mail them. Edit: I traced Elephantspike's address on a little used address inbox and asked if he has expired.

    • 29 replies
    • 17k views
  12. Guest sydneyboy
    Started by Guest sydneyboy,

    Has anyone stayed in suites at the Babylon Barracks? They have 2 types according to their website, the Baroness Suites and the Bvlgari Garden Suites. Your advice would be appreciated.

    • 3 replies
    • 4.3k views
  13. I suppose there are other reasons why smugglers would attempt to get 350 dogs into Laos, but the idea that perhaps they were to be used as food certainly crosses my mind. Dog meat is sold in Laos. I have not yet had the pleasure. As much of a sacrifice that it is, I think I'll wait around a bit before sitting down to a plate of Dog Stroganoff or Fido Fazoo. The following appears in THE NATION _____ Marine Police Rescue 350 Dogs from Being Smuggled to Laos Nakhon Phanom - Mekong Patrol Police rescued 350 dogs early Tuesday morning before they were smuggled to Laos. Pol Capt Sommai Duangkam, leader of the patrol unit for Ban Paeng Pier in Tambon …

    • 0 replies
    • 1.4k views
  14. At first, raising the legal minimum drinking age to 25 was seriously considered. Now it has been settled that one must be at least 20 years old before liquor can legally be consumed. I am amused because either way a Thai boy can work in a bar at age 18, but he can't drink in the same bar until he is 20. BANGKOK, Oct. 24 (TNA) Thailand's Cabinet Tuesday decided to raise the threshold making the legal age for liquor consumption to be age 20 and to complete the process to enforce the new regulation along with the total ban on liquor commercials by November. Public Health Minister Mongkol Na Songkhla said the Cabinet discussed the legal drinking age, whic…

    • 0 replies
    • 1.4k views
  15. Started by TotallyOz,

    I have had it recently. It knocked me on my ass. I woke up one morning and was sick as a dog. Fever, chills, body aches, coughing, etc. I went to the hospital and got antibiotics and other meds. They take a few days to kick in. I have had many Farang friends with the same thing. I have also met at least 10 boys who have the same thing except they didn

    • 11 replies
    • 3.3k views
  16. Guest damien500
    Started by Guest damien500,

    Could someone tell me about the distances required to walk on arrival at the new airport.I have breathing problems and can only walk a couple of hundred metres without resting.I have heard that there a people movers,or esculaters at the airport is this true.

    • 4 replies
    • 2.5k views
  17. Guest wowpow
    Started by Guest wowpow,

    BUS 999 A direct bus service between Suvarnabhumi Airport and Pattaya has been opened by Transportation Co Ltd, bearing the number 999 and with a one-way ticket priced at 106 baht..... The Pattaya-Jomtien bus terminus is located at the beginning of Soi Chaiyapruk 1, 100 meters away from Jomtien Beach. The officer in charge of the terminus is Chatchawan Charoenwattha. First-class air-conditioned buses leave here three times per day for Suvarnabhumi Airport, departing at 9 a.m., 1 p.m. and 5 p.m., and departing from the airport for Pattaya at the same time.... Gaythailand reported by Gaybutton http://www.pattayamail.com/current/news.shtml#hd19 ....…

    • 1 reply
    • 1.7k views
  18. Guest wowpow
    Started by Guest wowpow,

    Million-dollar toilets for Suvarnabhumi Suvaranabhumi Airport operators are to take space from Customs, security and Thai Airways International to build new toilets for passengers at a cost of 40 million baht (more than $1 million). Airports of Thailand President Chotisak Asapaviriya acknowledged the scathing criticism of passengers and the public over the lack of toilets. He said AoT intends to invest 40 million baht to build more toilet facilities because Suvarnabhumi has fared poorly on this issue. Over 200 toilets for both men and women will be added, he said. But he estimated passengers and airport staff would have to hold for about four months to …

    • 2 replies
    • 2.4k views
  19. Guest bkkbob
    Started by Guest bkkbob,

    Hi I'm new to the forum and have been enjoying it. I'm an expat getting set up to retire here. I'm planning on applying for a one-year non-immigrant visa to tide me over until I can get a retirement visa. One BKK law firm said they'd charge (about) 10K baht for processing, ensuring I get a multiple entry visa. This will theoretically occur when I travel to the US next month. This is in addition, of course, to the fee for the visa itself, which I am to pay directly. Seems a bit high to me. Any advice?

    • 4 replies
    • 2.1k views
  20. Started by Gaybutton,

    I guess it isn't enough that so many Thai people are suffering huge losses because of the severe flooding and so many people are now suffering from diseases as a result. Now they (and you too if you're out in the provinces) also need to be careful of crocodile attacks: _____ BANGKOK, Oct 22 (TNA) Thailand's Department of Fisheries Sunday warned that crocodiles bred in illegal reptile farms have been escaping from their confinement due to the floods encompassing much of the central provinces, and that the animals --unused to a natural environment -- may look for food in all the wrong places. An undetermined number of crocodile farms, both legal and illeg…

    • 0 replies
    • 1.6k views
  21. Guest NiddysNook
    Started by Guest NiddysNook,

    One of my friends recently went in to Bangkok/Pattaya Hospital for a proceedure and was diagnosed with a cyst in her back which is giving pressure towards her heart. The official diagnosis was anterior superior homogenous hypovascular mediastinal mass. With a possibility of teratoma. Does anyone have any information or experience regarding this? Also, she asked for her xrays and ct scan on disk and it was given. However, the files are unable to be opened on my pc. Does anyone know what picture files with an extention of CHS, JPN, BPL or DLL is? I know this kind of doesn't relate to Gay Thailand, except for the fact that I am gay and this is happening in …

    • 8 replies
    • 3.2k views
  22. Started by dapitt,

    Has anyone heard any word from Robbie at Le Cafe Royale? I know from reading the board that he returned to Europe some time ago for medical treatment. I've wondered how he's doing. I remember that he was always cordial and accomodating during my stays at Le Cafe. I hope that he is progressing and doing better. Thanks.

    • 8 replies
    • 4k views
  23. Started by TotallyOz,

    We spent the day at Pattaya Park. The water park is a lot of fun and has swimming pools and slides. The cost was 100 bath per person. You can take a trolley up to the tower's 55th Floor for lookout. The cost is 100 bath for Thai's and 200 bath for Farang. The rides in the park were from 50bath to 100 bath. They have food and drinks inside the park. I had a good day just watching everyone have fun. The guys I took had a blast. They are high energy and that energy was tested today. It was great fun watching them jump off the 55th Floor on a zip line. For me, the elevator was calling my name and I had to answe. If you are looking for a…

    • 7 replies
    • 3.7k views
  24. Guest dale1
    Started by Guest dale1,

    Since I asked for captions some time ago on the cover pics ....... thought I better chime in with a THANKS now that the captions are there. Makes for a much better cover page.

    • 1 reply
    • 1.7k views
  25. And it's only 106 baht! For details click the following link: http://www.pattayamail.com/current/news.shtml#hd19

    • 6 replies
    • 2.8k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.