Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Gay Thailand

This is the main forum for all things gay in Thailand. Post about specific events, places, activities, questions, and comments under the relevant city heading. If commenting on more than one city or other parts of Thailand, use the general comments section below. Keep the topics related to information on Thailand.

  1. Guest wowpow
    Started by Guest wowpow,

    GDP - PPP Probably the most accurate measurement of economic activity per country #1 United States $11,628,083,000,000.00 #2 China $7,123,712,000,000.00 #3 Japan $3,774,086,000,000.00 #4 India $3,362,960,000,000.00 #5 Germany $2,325,828,000,000.00 #6 United Kingdom $1,832,252,000,000.00 #7 France $1,744,352,000,000.00 #8 Italy $1,621,372,000,000.00 #9 Brazil $1,482,859,000,000.00 #10 Russia $1,408,603,000,000.00 #11 Spain $1…

    • 0 replies
    • 1.6k views
  2. Started by TotallyOz,

    Cambodia's Child Sex Crackdown Long a haven for foreign sexual predators, the war-ravaged country is suddenly taking a hard line with a number of high-profile arrests By KEVIN DOYLE/PHNOM PENH In his 17 years on the Cambodian police force, Keo Thea has seen a lot. But nothing quite prepared the deputy chief of Phnom Penh's anti-human trafficking police for the raid on the home of German national Karl Heinz Henning in August. At Henning's apartment, tucked away in a leafy neighborhood favored by foreign aid workers in the Cambodian capital, Keo Thea sifted through the country's largest ever haul of hardcore child pornography. Amongst the bondage gear, handcu…

    • 0 replies
    • 1.8k views
  3. Started by TotallyOz,

    Does anyone in Thailand get a Flu Shot? It is getting Flu season. Where is the best place to go get one?

    • 3 replies
    • 1.9k views
  4. Guest Snowkat
    Started by Guest Snowkat,

    Does anyone yet know how far to walk and how long it takes from International Immigration/Baggage retrieval to Domestic Departures ? Arriving in early December and transferring directly to Khon Kaen. Have been told that I have to do Immigration and collect bags on arrival in BKK before transferring to the Khon Kaen flight.

    • 0 replies
    • 1.5k views
  5. Guest pete1969
    Started by Guest pete1969,

    I've been meaning to post some of my experiences in BKK. I was there for almost two weeks before I left LOS for the USA. On the reccomendation of the BF, we stayed at The Malaysia. I had heard a great deal about this hotel, and I was a bit hesitant to stay there as I thought it might be seedy. However, all in all, for the price and the facilities, I would reccomend it to any budget traveler. Our room was only 788 baht per night, and it was a functional room that was decently appointed with everything one expects and needs in a hotel room including a mini fridge, cable TV, free bottled water, good shower, decent bed, and so on. There is an outdoor pool although there …

    • 2 replies
    • 2.2k views
  6. Started by TotallyOz,

    I watched the movie tonight with a few Thai guys. There were no English subs so I would have missed much had I not had them. It is a very beautiful movie. If you have a chance, try to see it. It really does show a fascinating side of Thailand and Thai Boxing.

    • 0 replies
    • 1.6k views
  7. Guest irish1972
    Started by Guest irish1972,

    With all the talk about Visas and money needed before appyling for a Retirement Visa, I was just wondering what you guys believe is a suitable amount of money to retire on and move to Thailand. Obviously age and Pension need to be taken into account and at 34 it is not a consideration for me at the moment, but it does interest me to know how much it costs per month to live there as oppossed to going on a 2 or 3 week trip and blowing a small fortune.

    • 5 replies
    • 2.8k views
  8. Guest Nabeel
    Started by Guest Nabeel,

    Help please, 24hrs from family arriving in Thailand, and due to a change of plans, I need the email/web of the guy who has a Taxi service based in Bangkok. Looking to use him for 3+ days driving us all to the north etc. Help !!!!!!!!!

    • 3 replies
    • 2.2k views
  9. Guest kotter
    Started by Guest kotter,

    I was with a friend on the beach and he had just been reading a leaflet ( inserted in the Bangkok Post) that was advertising taxis to airport. ( Annes Taxis) He rang to find out the price and after she quoted a price of 1400 baht he said he thougth it was too much and finished the called. She returned the call two minutes later and said "how much you want to pay". The car is supposedly a new Altis. He said he would get back to her. He then rang Gem& Phon ( from the beach)who he always uses and was told it was the same as to Don Muang...1500 baht! I get the feeling that considering they have less fuel costs,lower diesal prices and minus three or four…

    • 6 replies
    • 2.5k views
  10. Guest A Rose By Any Other Name
    Started by Guest A Rose By Any Other Name,

    I was wondering if anyone knows of a good company who offers home security systems and installation. I am looking for something in Pattaya. Any information including approximate pricing would be greatly appreciated. TR The Rose

    • 4 replies
    • 2.6k views
  11. Guest NiddysNook
    Started by Guest NiddysNook,

    It seems only fair that I make the same offer here as I did on SGF... Drop by and try Niddy's famous cheeseburger -- the tastiest in Pattaya! For the entire month of October, Niddy is offering a special to Sawatdee Forum Members & Gay Thailand.com Forum Members ONLY... PRINT OUT THIS EMAIL AND BRING IT TO THE NOOK TO RECEIVE 30% OFF PATTAYA'S TASTIEST CHEESEBURGER! Where? Soi Day Night One (just across from Sundance Karaoke!) See you at the Nook! Respectfully Submitted, Niddy's Nook Promotions www.niddysnook.com ** Try Our Tasty Chicken Sandwich Too! **

    • 20 replies
    • 7.1k views
  12. Started by Gaybutton,

    The following appears in THE NATION: _____ US Urges Thailand to Lift Martial Law in 10 Days "If martial law is not lifted in a week to 10 days, that would be a problem," a US embassy official in Bangkok said. Bangkok - The United States on Wednesday urged Thailand's military coup leaders to lift martial law within seven to 10 days and to bring forward elections the generals have promised for late next year. "A year seems like a very long time," said a US embassy official in Bangkok, speaking on condition of anonymity. The diplomat added, "if maritial law is not lifted in a week to 10 days, that would be a problem." The junta that ousted premier …

    • 9 replies
    • 2.8k views
  13. Guest pete1969
    Started by Guest pete1969,

    I've been back in the US for a couple of weeks now. I have been meaning to write about my reentry. I read a number of stories about people who have been hassled from immigration on their return from Thailand. I didn't think much of it, but was mentally prepared for it just in case. I came back through Seattle (a horrible, institutional looking immigration checkpoint). When I got up to the agent, he swiped my passport, looked at the screen, frowned, and gave me back my passport and said thanks. No other questions or look at my stamps. Every other time, I had a number of questions at that stage. I go downstairs to collect my baggage. There was an agent check…

    • 12 replies
    • 4.3k views
  14. Guest wowpow
    Started by Guest wowpow,

    Truce offered in deep South Yala - Newly appointed commander of the Fourth Army Region, Lt. Geneal Viroj Buacharoon, Wednesday said he has received signal form an unspecified number of separatist groups asking to negotiate for a peace deal with the authorities but did not elaborated. Viroj said the militants had made the initiative but would not elaborate as to which particular organization, individuals. The statement could be an indication that the insurgency in the Malay-speaking region has reached a new threshold. No insurgent group has emerged to take responsibility for the violence that has jolted the restive region since late 2001 but not offi…

    • 0 replies
    • 1.5k views
  15. Guest catawampuscat
    Started by Guest catawampuscat,

    In the end, the best way to get information is word of mouth.. A newcomer to Pattaya will find expats everywhere who will impart their knowledge of the best and worst bars, restaurants, places to go etc. I have taken issue in the past with screaming reports of activites in various bars when the bars are named and the time of the events is posted.. Anyone interested will find out by word of mouth in any beer bar (non-go go) and posting explicit information is only inviting trouble.. The underage issue is like playing with fire and I am pleased to see appropriate warnings of the dangers by the moderators.. I have witnessed inappropriate behavior in bars and …

    • 0 replies
    • 1.7k views
  16. Guest Boxer
    Started by Guest Boxer,

    Sorry guys but boxertravels.com is off line in a dispute with my Domain registra. Got a month to go on MY paid bill but they have deleted it a month early just as the transfer process started. Be back soon......we hope!

    • 0 replies
    • 1.5k views
  17. Started by TotallyOz,

    Every wanted to play paintball with a group of guys who are so excited that they can't keep still? It makes for easy target practice that is for sure. There is a Paintball Park off of Theppasit Road in Jomptien. It is across from the large Go Kart motorway. I think we paid 400 bath for 70 painit balls. We were supplied with gear and protective clothing. I suggest that that you wear a few layers as you will get a few red spots all over your body as the paint balls hurt just a little bit. The game is fun and the place is nice. It is not as large as most paintball parks I have been to but it was enjoyable.

    • 5 replies
    • 2.8k views
  18. Started by PattayaMale,

    I read on the Pattay City news that a gang of young people (15 to 17) had been arrested for many thefts occuring over a long period of time in Pattaya. I also noticed that the pictures of these theives were taken with their faces covered partially by a ski mask. It seems to me that no matter the country (and yes I disagree with the same policy in the USA), people who commit crimes (alleged) should be revealed. I know that saving face is important in Asia so I believe this may help in combating crime. Views?

    • 3 replies
    • 2.1k views
  19. Guest BKKvisitor
    Started by Guest BKKvisitor,

    Thailand's fall classic: a coup in the streets By Peter Kneisel | October 2, 2006 (Peter Kneisel was an adviser to the Royal Research & Development Institute in Thailand from 1973 to 1989 who survived six coups) NEVER LEAVE home in autumn. In Thailand, it is a dangerous time for an embattled leader to travel outside the kingdom and a surprising oversight by Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra that led to his overthrow. He had used his fortune to consolidate power, but neglected to firm up his popularity as he fiddled with the military promotion lists. The lists are leaked in September and published in October. Generals get restless in October, particular…

    • 8 replies
    • 2.7k views
  20. Guest mgluyas
    Started by Guest mgluyas,

    Hey thanks for the great info so far. Now if coming to Thailand for 2weeks in Feb2007, what would you all suggest to be the best places to visit. I was thinking 1week Bangcock, 1 week pattaya. Should I stay at the travel agent places or book own accomodation, if so where, and where do you suggest I visit Michael michaelgluyas@dodo.com.au

    • 8 replies
    • 4.1k views
  21. Guest hellboy
    Started by Guest hellboy,

    friday i am comming for the first time to pattaya ,will stay 7 days at siam thani enyone now its a ok place to stay ?

    • 6 replies
    • 3.8k views
  22. BANGKOK, Oct 3 (TNA) Thailand's former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra on Tuesday resigned as leader of the Thai Rak Thai (TRT) party, reasoning his resignation was to secure the party future. Mr. Thaksin, also the TRT's founder, sent his letter of resignation dated October 2 from London where he has been staying following the September 19 military coup d' etat in which his government was deposed. His message was announced at party headquarters in Bangkok Tuesday afternoon by party executives. In his message, Mr. Thaksin thanked all party members for their contribution in making TRT "a real people's political party" that won an overwhelming majority of …

    • 0 replies
    • 1.5k views
  23. In the midst of all the serious posts . . . the coup, deletion of messages, the new Thai government, new visa regulations, etc, there is always something to lighten-up things a little. The following appears in the PATTAYA CITY NEWS: If you want to see the photos, click on this link: http://www.pattayacitynews.net/news_02_10_49_2.htm _____ Presenting the Man who has Converted his Bedroom into a Funeral Hall and has Slept in a Casket for 5 Years A weird story now from Nong Pla Lai sub-district. This is Khun Nipichom aged 36 who, for the last 5 years, has been living in a casket inside his bedroom which is decorated in the style of a Buddhist Funeral. The …

    • 0 replies
    • 1.5k views
  24. Started by Gaybutton,

    The following appears in THE NATION: _____ TRT Sinking like Titanic Mass Exodus of Executives, Factions Follows Threat of Five-Year Ban over Election Violations The Thai Rak Thai Party is on the verge of falling apart. Announcement No 27 by the Council for National Security (CNS) changing conditions in the act governing political parties has caused party executives and former MPs to jump ship en masse. Wang Nam Yom leader Somsak Thepsuthin was leading members of the party's biggest faction out the door. Commanding over 100 members, his defection could all but spell the end to Thai Rak Thai's phenomenal domination of Thai politics. Putting the nail in…

    • 0 replies
    • 1.8k views
  25. Guest mgluyas
    Started by Guest mgluyas,

    I will be travelling to Thailand in Feb2007, thinking of a week in Bangkock for party and a week in Pattaya for rest. What is the best way to organise a companion sic for the two weeks ans what should it cost me Michael

    • 5 replies
    • 3k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.