floridarob

Tawan Last Night

Nr 14 - quite possible,

I don't know about # 15 having girlfriend , not sure I even asked, but he goes to Laos for 2 weeks every 6 weeks , I guess visa requirements.

Both good kissers so no doubt trained by somebody

I learnt the next day from #14 that #15 went back to Laos and that he himself sometimes go out drinking the whole night and spend the next day sleeping it off ( and not that he do part-time in another bar. )

I learnt the next day from #14 that #15 went back to Laos and that he himself sometimes go out drinking the whole night and spend the next day sleeping it off ( and not that he do part-time in another bar. )

Does anyone have a picture of #14 and #15 that ct2005 and Vinapu were talking about :-)  All of these discussion just make me wonder how hot they are :-)

Does anyone have a picture of #14 and #15 that ct2005 and Vinapu were talking about :-)  All of these discussion just make me wonder how hot they are :-)

Funny thing is, Tawan is bodybuilders bar and it looks we crated buzz about two of their possibly two least muscled  boys.

Mekhin and other Tawan stars would be  jealous like hell. Lesson from this to all boys is : find what makes  your customer happy and make  some effort  to deliver. You will elbow your bigger friends to the sides of the scene.

As for '' hot'',  Tom remember who is hot and handsome to one  may by boring  and ugly for other so best way is to check  personally.   

How much is the current off tips for a muscular boy?

Do we need to give off fees to the mamasan as well or can we just go in and pick up the boy. 

you pay off fee to the bar, you can't take boy from the bar without paying fee but you can avoid paying that if you arrange meeting with boy outside bar hours or spot them by chance on the street.

After bars are closing boys often are still socializing nearby. 

If boy comes directly to your room during bar opening hours fee still needs to be paid unless he is freelancer

I believe the current rates are:-

Drinks    : 400bht

Bar Fine : 500bht

Off fee    : approx 2,000bht (short time), approx. 3,000bht (long time)

as far as Tawan goes this seems to be what boys were asking and expecting when I was there in Dec. You may try to bargain short time down to 1500 which seems to be BKK rate but Tawan boys usually  price themselves higher. But for some 1500 off may be better than none if you stick to your guns.

If I arrange the boy to meet tomorrow afternoon when the bar is closed, do I need to pay off fees?

I wouldn't.  Suppose you truly believe, in that circumstance, the bar is entitled to an off fee.  How would you go about paying it?  Would you make a special trip to the bar during their open hours to pay it?  That would work great if you're planning to leave town that same day or won't be anywhere near the bar.

Would you give the money to the boy and trust him to give it to the bar?  3 guesses what the likelihood is of the boy giving the money to the bar instead of just pocketing it for himself.

Would you give the bar an off fee in advance and trust the boy will show up at the appointed place and time?  Maybe he will and maybe he won't.  That's not good enough for me.

What a boy does during non-working hours is his own affair and has nothing to do with the bar.  Also, many boys are not actually employed by a bar at all.  Many are freelancers who work in the bars and get maybe 100 baht per night from the bar or work without compensation from the bar at all, in hopes of being taken off by a customer.  I know some boys who have a "legitimate" job during the day, and often also will work in a bar at night, trying to supplement their income.

In my opinion a bar is entitled to an off fee if, and only if, the boy is in the bar during working hours and that's what he's doing - working.

Suppose you didn't even make an arrangement, but encounter the boy during the day by sheer chance.  If he goes to your room with you, do you think the bar is entitled to an off fee?

Don't forget, many of the bar boys are also Gay Romeo boys.  If you meet a boy via Gay Romeo, and then find out he also works in a bar, do you think the bar is entitled to an off fee? 

My answer to both of the above questions is no. 

If I take a boy off from a bar, the bar is entitled to the off fee.  Under any other circumstances the bar is entitled to nothing, and from me that's exactly what the bar will get - nothing.

But lets say if you meet the boy at the bar on 1st night, talked, & book him for tomorrow night. If the boy does not appear for work, does he need to pay the bar fine since he is supposed to be working?

Or if boy went out to have some hard drinking for the whole night, and he spent the next day sleeping it off and couldn't appear for work at night, is he require to pay the bar fine himself?

It depends whether if he is a freelancer or an "employed" (i.e. 100bht per night) boy?

does he need to pay the bar fine

First, you're using the wrong term.  I don't know why, but "bar fine" almost always applies to lady-boy bars.  For the rest of the gay bars, the usual term is "off."

The answer to your question is no, the boy doesn't have to pay the bar anything.  It doesn't matter why the boy might not have shown up for work.  The bar will simply dock his pay for that night.  Boys failing to show up for work is a very common problem.  Many of these boys show up for work if they feel like working that night.  If they don't feel like working, they very often simply don't go.

That kind of thinking is quite common.  Years ago the owner of a popular gay hotel told me a story.  The hotel employed an electrician - who also did all kinds of other work.  He was a full time employee.  One day he didn't show up for work.  He didn't call in.  There was no word from him at all.  The hotel tried to contact him, but for whatever reason, they couldn't.  When several days passed, and nobody had heard from him or knew where he was, they hired somebody else.

After about two weeks, the hotel owner arrived at his usual time in the morning and there was the electrician, working as if nothing ever happened.  The hotel owner asked, "What are you doing here?  Where have you been?"

The answer was, "I go holiday."

The hotel owner advised him that his holiday just became a whole lot longer.  The electrician was dumbfounded.  He had absolutely no idea why he was being fired.

That kind of attitude and thinking applies to a great many bar boys.  Many couldn't care less whether they're fired or not.  They all know if they lose their job at one bar, all they have to do is go to another bar and they'll have a new job that same day.

Just today I was talking with a boy who works in a Sunee Plaza beer bar.  He told me he's going to wait until the end of the month when he gets paid (Thais typically get paid once per month - the last day of the month).  Then he's going to quit and try a Jomtien Complex bar.  I asked why he's doing that.  His answer was tantamount to 'the grass is greener there.'  I asked which bar he's planning to try.  He said he'll decide that when he goes.  He'll decide.  He's not the least bit worried about it.  He knows he can walk into any bar he wants and will be hired on the spot.

That would mean clients could have some private arrangement with the boy for the next day during their chat in the bar & avoid paying the off fee to the bar ... that's good to know :)

But I kept thinking of the following scenario:-

- client went to bar & chat with boy

- client has private arrangement with boy for a long off for the next few days.

- client avoid paying any off fee at all ... ?

First, we need to separate beer bars and go-gos. As I understand, go-gos have more strict terms regarding coming to work.

Second, please don't think a boy is at your side, he is at his bar's side :)

Your scenario is possible in case of a freelancer (not sure if there are freelancers at Tawan). And your should change "chat" to "off" in your 1st point.

As I understand, go-gos have more strict terms regarding coming to work.

That depends on the bar.  Some bars are strict about it and others don't seem to care.  My guess is the Bangkok bars are probably much more strict than the Pattaya bars.  I don't know for sure.  I haven't been to a Bangkok go-go bar in years and I doubt I'll ever be in one of them again.  I'm not about to pay those prices.  I live here.  I'm not here for a holiday.  I can easily find all the boys I want without setting foot in a bar at all.

Of course, if I was coming to Thailand for a holiday and had been without the company of a boy for a very long period of time, I would probably be in a bar as soon as the plane lands, maybe even before checking in at my hotel, and gladly pay them whatever the hell they want.

I disagree with your comment, "please don't think a boy is at your side, he is at his bar's side."  I don't think that's true.  As far as I can tell, the only side he cares about is his own.  Most boys I encounter are far more interested in making money than they are in taking sides with the bar - or me. 

Maybe the attitude of the Tawan bar boys is different.  That bar is a 'type' bar - a muscle bar.  The last time I was in Tawan is probably more than 10 years ago by now.  For me, the muscle bound body builder type is as far from my type as it gets.

I remember my first trip to Thailand and I took a boy from Future Boys to Pattaya and Chiang Mai with me.  I met him at the bar and I paid his off for each day of my vacation.  But, (newcomer stupidity) I paid the off to him to give to the bar so he would not get in trouble. :)  This is what I thought I should do.  Whether or not he paid the bar for the time was totally up to him.

There have been many times when I have taken a boy from a bar to live with me for a long period of time and I paid the off for 10 days and then stopped.  I figured they introduced me and they deserved some fee for this. But, I have not done that in years as I found out that often when I paid those fees that the manasan would keep the money and not even give to the bar. So, I have learned some things over the years. 

Today, if I met someone from a bar and saw them in the afternoon or even or even for a long time, I always give them enough money to say, if you like your bar and want to give them the off fee that is fine, but up to you and I tip them enough to cover that cost.  This way, they can make the decision as to pay the bar, go in that night, take a night off, or whatever.  I have become less worried about the bar getting their share as they often screw over the boys any chance they get anyway.

If I meet boy outside of bar hours i.e. during day or after bar is closed, wouldn't even think about paying off fee.

If I arrange with boy to see me during bar hours I'd give boy off fee and I'm not concerned if he pockets money or will use it to pay to the bar - my part is done.

Yes,  I'm trusting them and quite a few times  I gave off  money to the boy previous night  asking him to show up in my room again, I don't know who got money but never had no -show in such a circumstance

. In fact if boy is trying to tell me ," no you will give me money for off  when I come tomorrow " this would be hint that he may have a second thought and  not show up .

I have never changed. If I take Boy from bar then naturally the Bar gets an off fee. If I like the boy I will get his phone number and give him mine.  Then most likely I will call him non- bar hours and of course could care less about the Bar.

In the olden days before Hornet, Jack"d etc , boys needed the Bar so if I took boy off for a few days I would go to the Bar and pay a negotiated fee for the number of days , because I wanted the boy to have a job when he returned.  

Now there is no loyalty Boys to Bars or Bars to Boys. Sometimes boys new to the scene rely on the Bar because they have not posted their photos somewhere else and have not learned to have translated conversations with customers.

But I find quite a difference between Bangkok and Pattaya.  Because of the size of Bangkok and the fact that many boys on the apps are not actually looking for money or old companions, the Bars in some ways have more control..

It all comes down to what the total price you have to give the boy and if you believe he needs the off fee in the future or you just don't care .

I disagree with your comment, "please don't think a boy is at your side, he is at his bar's side." I don't think that's true. As far as I can tell, the only side he cares about is his own. Most boys I encounter are far more interested in making money than they are in taking sides with the bar - or me.

Is this "me" a farang living in Thailand or a farang leaving Thailand in 5 days? In other words "can I stop working in the club or I will need to come back in 5 days" :)

Of course boys think about their own intrests first - there is no question. But I saw a fraction of the off-fee went to a boy's pocket (so he wants it's paid). After it I saw him touching the door frame for luck (for the 3d time I asked, what it was for - "for luck" was the answer). With other boys and other clubs I saw kind of family relations in the go-go (I am speaking about go-go, not sure about beer bars) and we know, that Thais are generally collective people and it's important.

So of course, it's a matter of a balancing act between what he gets and what he loses. Big amount - forget the club. Not_so_big - probably, it's better to stick with the club :) But these subtitle things like fraction/luck/relations are not so clear for new forum members and yet they can be reasons for paying off-fee to the club and not for saving these 400-500 baht by a temporary farang. Of course, it's my point of view and I am speaking here about go-go and evening/working hours...

Here is how ONE of the beer bars on soi twilight works. (Obviously Bangkok specific and I make claims as to broader application). Boy has to work six days a week. Trips home or other time off is agreed to in advance with manager. If boy doesn't show up he has to pay bar fine 500. If boy was supposed to be there early to open up but does not he has to pay bar 150 if a boy just want to take a night off, he pays the bar fine himself.

In my experience roughly similar rules apply at soi twilight go go bars,so boy/customer cannot game the system. of course romp in the hay scheduled before working hours or on day(s) off is irrelevant to bar - so no bar fine is payable Whatever small sums the bar pays the boy (including his commission on drinks) is paid in arrears, to give the bar some leverage. I have had situations where a short-time off turns into a longer situation where the boy has just paid the off fee himself out of the funds I have otherwise given him, resulting in a net average take home lower than it otherwise would be if he asked me to pay off fee. I like to think this has been because of true love (wink) but is really just an economic decision that asking explicitly for the bar fine spoils the "boyfriend experience " and he will or might come out ahead in the long run by maintaining the illusion. Of course had other situations where off fee has been mentioned explicitly, illusion be damned.

What's this about 400 baht to enter Tawan? Does it include the first drink, or not? New to me.

Yes it does, simply instead  of  collecting money inside when you are ready to go , you pay 400 at the door, get the chit which you exchange for a drink.  You can still purchase another drink and they will bring you check bin to the table.

It seems they do this only on busy nights, likely they had problem of controlling patrons  disappearing without payment or watching the show without purchase of drink. 

I don't mind this system, yes,  they allowed me to peek inside without purchase  but possibly because they recognized me from the day before.

Someone pointed out that the terms I wrote were wrong.

Just to amend : The fee paid to the bar is called off fee, not bar fine. (Btw, is there a term for fee paid to boy? "Offing fee"?)

For short n long time, what I gathered from reading the posts are

Short = 2 hours; Long = whole night (varies with boy; depends on your agreement made with boy; some will stay till 6am or later).