floridarob

Tawan Last Night

I went out with FloridaRob last night to dinner and a few bars. I had to see for myself what Tawan was about.  While I did enjoy my experience there, I did not find any boys I was interested in.  I did see some sexy guys but they were just too big for me.

However, these are the biggest muscle boys in Thailand and if you like that, Tawan is your place.

I have visited the Tawan Bar countless times over the last ten or so years and offed many boys some on a more regular basis and have never really been disappointed. The guys may not appeal to everyone that is personal taste (but then I wouldn't rate the bulk of the skinny kids on offer in the Pattaya Sunee area!) however there is normally a mixture of larger and I accept more mature older guys, some who are currently perhaps more heavy than real bodybuilder or past their peak of training  but with a fair percentage of much more defined and often younger guys down to some times boys in their early twenty's just getting into a bit of bodybuilding/fitness  who love to show of their ripped and developing physiques. The staff at Tawan are however always the most helpful and friendly of any of the Bangkok bars, with no element of the usual pushy "you want to off boy..." the "boys" are also probably the least pushy but engage as appropriate and recognise you. So in my view unless you are really into the more skinny/fem type boy that you will not find in Tawan well worth a look in the place!
Only my point of view but I will certainly be heading back on my next trip to Bangkok in March!

So in my view unless you are really into the more skinny/fem type boy that you will not find in Tawan well worth a look in the place!

I agree. But, I think every place is worth a visit on every trip. ;)  You never know what you will find.

I am not into the skinny/fem boys you mention but I did only find the big muscle older guys the night I went.

I will go again and I'll go to all the bars as it only takes one hot guy to make a great trip and I have found them in many bars. 

Guest ronnie4you

My experience with Tawan has been mixed. Early on I found some beautiful hunks, but as the years went on, it seemed to be all about the muscle and the cute ones were not there as much. But I think it's a pleasant place to visit with little or no pressure. Just be sure if you off someone that he has his ID card with him. Twice I had guys who did not and we could not go to my hotel. Well, that's not entirely true.

I once brought a guy to my room at the Narai. They had floor attendants at a kiosk on every floor, and we made it past him with no problem...I thought. Then the knock on the door. Security asks if I have a woman in the room, and I honestly answer him "no!"

But he insists on seeing for himself. My guy, down to his briefs, gave security a smile. I was asked to pay a surcharge for the guy, and since the sex was just starting, I agreed. Sadly, he didn't have ID on him and he had to leave. We walked past the kiosk, but the attendant chose to be away at the time. I don't remember if I went somewhere else with the guy.

I have never stayed at the Narai since, and was surprised to see it recommended by a reader in a recent LA Times.

Vinapu should claim commission from Tawan management.

He is their one man PR Agent in here. lol

my commission is fun I always have there and with their men. Even those who piss me off are doing it charmingly and are forgiven

Only my point of view but I will certainly be heading back on my next trip to Bangkok in March!

not only yours,  rest assured

I've been reading about Tawan bar for a while, but I was not sure whether I should give a try until today. Thank Floridarob a lot for the post and the pics. You're true inspiration. I MUST go there and can't wait to go there :) I still have a couple of questions about when and how to off the guys there. How much will they ask?

Hi, welcome to the forum tatar

Bar opens at 9.00 and usually most boys are already there. They will approach you in friendly manner but feel free not to show interest if you don't fancy that particular boy. If you see one you like you can wave him over, you may buy him a drink and they will not mind if your wandering hand goes astray , just be discreet.

Ask if they do what is important to you, if you like boy and what you hear you may ask how much they want , they will quote you likely 2000 may be even 2500 for short time but feel free to negotiate it down, some will agree , some not . Don't count on less than 1500 short time though. For long time you may be quoted as much as 5000 but fear not, if they will be hungry you may get them for half of this price, 3000 max with possible exceptions of stunner who gets offed daily.

When you are ready you will pay 500 off fee to mamasan, boy will go to change to street clothes and off you march to your hotel. I'm yet to see boy from there who is not friendly. Make sure you see the show before you will take off with the boy unless you very horny.

Hi, welcome to the forum tatar

Bar opens at 9.00 and usually most boys are already there. They will approach you in friendly manner but feel free not to show interest if you don't fancy that particular boy. If you see one you like you can wave him over, you may buy him a drink and they will not mind if your wandering hand goes astray , just be discreet.

Ask if they do what is important to you, if you like boy and what you hear you may ask how much they want , they will quote you likely 2000 may be even 2500 for short time but feel free to negotiate it down, some will agree , some not . Don't count on less than 1500 short time though. For long time you may be quoted as much as 5000 but fear not, if they will be hungry you may get them for half of this price, 3000 max with possible exceptions of stunner who gets offed daily.

When you are ready you will pay 500 off fee to mamasan, boy will go to change to street clothes and off you march to your hotel. I'm yet to see boy from there who is not friendly. Make sure you see the show before you will take off with the boy unless you very horny.

Just curious ... in any gogo bar, when we buy the boy a drink, is it just a drink or the boy will get some commission from the drink?

'Cos I dun see why the boy would want to drink so many free drinks unless a drink is not just a drink ...

I am visiting Bangkok next month and will definitely go to Tawan bar. Just wondering which day is the best day to go. I don't want to fight with other guests over the guy, but I don't want to see an empty bar too. 

P.S. I came across this guy picture in Flickr (it was taken in 2010 and I don't think he's still there anymore)  while I was browsing for pictures of Tawan bar. All I will say is "over my dead body!!!"  :sword: LOL.  Hopefully, I will find this kind of guy when I get there.  

tawan1

Id rather have a crowded gogo bar. When I went, the majority of them were empty and all the boys were staring at me trying to get my attention and have me go home with them. It sounds like that would be nice, but it made me uncomfortable.

Just curious ... in any gogo bar, when we buy the boy a drink, is it just a drink or the boy will get some commission from the drink?

'Cos I dun see why the boy would want to drink so many free drinks unless a drink is not just a drink ...

depending on the bar they get commission between 20-50 on drinks, sometimes you may even observe they will get small piece of paper from mamasan - this will be their chit for  a drink commision

I am visiting Bangkok next month and will definitely go to Tawan bar. Just wondering which day is the best day to go. I don't want to fight with other guests over the guy, but I don't want to see an empty bar too. 

P.S. I came across this guy picture in Flickr (it was taken in 2010 and I don't think he's still there anymore)  while I was browsing for pictures of Tawan bar. All I will say is "over my dead body!!!"  :sword: LOL.  Hopefully, I will find this kind of guy when I get there.  

I never saw empty Tawan, for best selection come early as later some boys may be gone. On  another hand later i.e. after show they may be more willing to cut a deal.

Can't say what day is the best as some boys are not showing every day. Definitely Fridays and Saturdays are more packed with customers but also more boys shows up for their chance.

In short - don't plan too much, just go.

Guy in your picture is probably gone- I don't recall him but don't worry , it will be quite a few of that stature you will like, rest assured.

The man in your picture would be pretty well known to devotees of the Tawan Bar. I bumped into him in the lobby of Tarntawan Place last November on his way to see a customer, so I assume he is still, in some measure, available. He is an extremely nice and dignified man - not to say very handsome and, though not tall, an most imposing presence. I do not think he was coming from Tawan so I doubt you will find him there now.  I recall some years ago spending a week with him and the (then and now) love of my life, another famous muscleboy from Tawan, giving me a very stern lecture about how ill-mannered it was considered for me to blow my nose at the dinner table (it was the massive infusion of chili what caused it!) I have never ever done it in Thailand since. So there is one little point of etiquette for you on your first visit: don't blow your nose at the dinner table, however pressing the need! Good luck on your adventures; Tawan rarely disappoints.