Nasherich

Trip Report - 2 nights in Bangkok

The only issue was the check in process where I was given a form to sign with the name of a different guest and even sex. Very peculiar, even though the surnames had some similarities if you didn't listen too closely.

Yeah, not exactly in this hotel but in another hotel in Pattaya once I have been registered by staff as Mr. Schengen Visa

Thank you for great report :)

The visit to Pattaya was much more constrained as I was meeting up with my boyfriend there. Staying in the heart of the Jomtien complex, I was rarely allowed to venture out on my own for fear that I might be ensnared by alternative entertainment. This was almost comical sometimes, but I really like walking through the complex and engaging in banter with the boys and see no harm in a bit of flirting.

I just about managed a foot massage at Soda massage (competent but uneventful) and an oil massage at the place opposite Ganymede that's taken over a former restaurant premises. This was a good experience that ended happily. I had a couple of oil messages at the Blind Institute which is always excellent and above board.

Several nights we ate at Dick's (I think the food is better here than the one in Bangkok).

Show wise, we visited The Venue and enjoyed it immensely, and Boyzboyzboyz which, to be honest, bored me. I'd rather have just let the boys wander around than try and perform in such a disjointed production. Perhaps I'm expecting too much. Nonetheless the boys themselves were great and an excellent number available from which to choose.

It was good to see a bit more life in the Jomtien complex generally. It's a nice relaxed scene there and I hope it grows.

Returned to Bangkok yesterday and decided to visit The Prince Spa. Wow! What an amazing selection of fit guys. I think I could have just had a random assignment such is the quality and beauty of the guys.

Ok I did find the selection process a little intimidating/embarrassing but I was pleased with my choice.

The rooms are really comfortable and clean and a very pleasant 90 minutes was spent in the company of a 26 year old gorgeous Thai boy. I was certainly happy!

It is difficult to remember it is purely a commercial transaction, most guys seem able to make you feel special even when you are an old farang like myself.

Guess that's what makes it all so amazing, it must be a Thai thing as my partner of over 7 years still makes me feel special.

More mundanely, I changed hotels today. I stayed at the Tarntawan Place last night but had only booked one night. When I enquired about another night before arriving, they quoted me a stupid price and so I booked the Raya Surawong instead, and I'm glad. I wasn't impressed with the Tarntawan, even though I know it's a favourite with others on here. The room did not smell fresh and although they did come and spray it, the effect didn't last long. Breakfast, despite the claim to be 24 hours, had all gone by 10 am so I went to a cafe round the corner.

In defence of the 24 hour claim, breakfast at the Tarntawan *IS* actually available 24 hours. I used to see that as a major advantage of the hotel, as I like to sleep LATE and then have breakfast after waking up, regardless of the type of meal the clock would wish to dictate  You just must not confuse the breakfast buffet for the 24 hour thing. Of course, they don't keep the buffet open 24 hours, things would go bad obviously. However, the a-la-carte breakfast can be had 24 hours. Just ask for the breakfast menu. 

In fact the buffet is a somewhat recent addition to their service, maybe about 5 years. Before that, there was no buffet, just the a la carte breakfast, avaibable anytime. Unless they have changed it, this should still be the case. I have to admit I haven't stayed there in 3 or 4 years, so I can't be 100% sure.

Guest abang1961

The issue is where to have breakfast if Hotel T. does not offer it after a certain hour.

Boy you must be new in town because there are scores of foodie restaurants in the Silom area - mind you, the food served may even be more palatable.

Guest Blackite

How much you pay for extra in Mantra?

The visit to Pattaya was much more constrained as I was meeting up with my boyfriend there. Staying in the heart of the Jomtien complex, I was rarely allowed to venture out on my own for fear that I might be ensnared by alternative entertainment. This was almost comical sometimes, but I really like walking through the complex and engaging in banter with the boys and see no harm in a bit of flirting.

I just about managed a foot massage at Soda massage (competent but uneventful) and an oil massage at the place opposite Ganymede that's taken over a former restaurant premises. This was a good experience that ended happily. I had a couple of oil messages at the Blind Institute which is always excellent and above board.

Several nights we ate at Dick's (I think the food is better here than the one in Bangkok).

Show wise, we visited The Venue and enjoyed it immensely, and Boyzboyzboyz which, to be honest, bored me. I'd rather have just let the boys wander around than try and perform in such a disjointed production. Perhaps I'm expecting too much. Nonetheless the boys themselves were great and an excellent number available from which to choose.

It was good to see a bit more life in the Jomtien complex generally. It's a nice relaxed scene there and I hope it grows.