TotallyOz

Great Experience with Ikea in Mega Bang Na

BTW: For those that remember threads in the past about Memory Foam Mattresses, they had them.  They also have a store that sells Vitamix 220 volts (39,000 baht) but they had it.

You are right, there are many stores!

Is this place near any bts/mrt. I believe ikea charges for the delivery and assembly of the furniture.

It is a good ways from BTS. But, they have a free shuttle from the station before Bang Na (forgot the name) that runs back and forth often.

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE Mega Bangna!!! The Mall is huge and there are occasionally fashion shows and promotional visits from big Thai stars there.. my last visit there was a memorable one as i got the chance to meet Mario Maurer (internationally known actor) and Nadech (huge Thai actor) both are gorgeous in real life. I also got the chance to meet  Dee, a famous Thai muslim Model.

post-13958-0-81321500-1467527777_thumb.jpg

Mari-oh- Maurer

post-13958-0-89472500-1467527824_thumb.jpg

Nadech

post-13958-0-06225700-1467527871_thumb.jpg

post-13958-0-85215100-1467527925_thumb.jpg

had to go through legion of fans and sea of people to get these shots!

post-13958-0-00283800-1467527974_thumb.jpg

Fashion show @ Mega Bangna

post-13958-0-17524300-1467528026_thumb.jpg

Mr Dee

and silly me.. i didn't any take photos of the actual mall itself.. maybe i was too flabbergasted.

and i will go to Ikea one day.. been wanting to go there eversince.. too bad it;s just too far away from central Bangkok..

The boys and I have been to this place many times in the last 2 weeks.  It has everything we need to get an apartment ready.  Today, we were at Homepro.  It is a massive one and had everything we needed for some fix me up things and we bought a few more items for comfort.  All in all, it was great and Homepro delivers tomorrow before 10AM.  They said 4 days and I said no thanks and then they said how is tomorrow morning and I said yes. LOL

The movie theater in this place is also great! It is worth the trip for me when I need something to take a taxi out there and find everything I want.

Lunch at Ikea for meatballs! 

Too bad they've removed the horse meat from their supply chain. I still had the pleasure of eating their horse meat balls in the early days of IKEA Bangna. I didn't know that back then though. ;)

Nothing beats eating horse meat balls.  But where do they get all those balls?

old joke about the tourist in a restaurant in Madrid, a local at the table next to him orders the "special" and is served two huge balls on a plate. the tourist ask the waiter about the dish and he explains the restaurant is next to the bullfighting arena and these are the testicles of the bull killed in the ring today. the tourist orders the same dish but the waiter explains there is only one fight per day so he comes back the next day and orders the special but is disappointed to get only two very small balls served. the waiter explains "Sometimes the matador wins, sometimes..."

bkkguy