Jasper

Dream Boys Bangkok Last Night

Shock! Horror! I was turned away by the doorman.

No I was not drunk,

I was told there were too many customers and they could not fit me in. Admittedly it was around 12 midnight.

I knew it would be very busy this week because of Chinese national holiday but I never thought I would be refused entrance in Soi Twilight.

On Friday and Saturday nights it is almost always standing room only after 11pm or so. Usually people are coming or going so they find some spot for you. But your probably right about Chinese Holiday.

You will never go there and be the only customer. They pack the place most nights.

Never hurts to check another bars , lesser crowd usually mean boys will be more amendable. But I guess Chinese national holiday has plenty to do with generating crowds. 

At end of day is good to know that bars are packed, I wonder if  last weekend in Boyztown, Pattaya was the same  , hope somebody present there now will chime in with news.

Guest ryanasia

Even in low season. I was there a few times a couple of weeks ago Sun-Mon-Tue nights. Full house each time. Mostly Asian customers.

Good to know some places are still packing them in. May try this for something different next time. I am guessing if they are that busy it is easy enough to have a drink and be ignored. 

Well, at well we thus can deduct that the recent try-outs of the new Thai junta-aka as govmt, did not stop this bar-visit trade. For those not understanding: a week or 2 ago they shut down quite a few tourist-bisnis, incl a tourbuscomp. with some 4/500 coaches (thus capapcity x50 seats each), who were dealing in ''0 baht tours''=in CHIna you pay nothing, but you are fleeced by being shepherded all day into special shops/tours/hotels/restaurants-etc. Biggest menace was most likely their clever tax-avoidance in TH, Chinese being chinese after all, or nah?

Drink price 480B! I think they put up the price. Show time 10:30

Rainy Tuesday night 10:30 and absolutely packed with 100+ mostly Chinese customers.

My usual mamasan greeted with me when I said "so many customers" replied "eeeevery night" giving me wry smile.

Maybe she does not like this busy much.

There are many fresh boys I think, from fat to skinny, old to young. There are many twinks unlike my favourite bars.

So many boys to choose from yet there aren't any to stand out.

If I was forced to pick, I would choose #97 or #110.

I also learned that the management pay better to the boys than other bars for their show appearance so expensive drink price is probably justifiable.

justifiable does not equal acceptable and this depends on what's on an offer.

My experience at Dreamboys runs from awe when I considered all on display as offable ( to be exact with one exception, but he was offed on my eyes right away ) to utter disappointment when I couldn't see anybody to give him my customary 100 baht departing tip. One of my best boys ever , Yo was from there and my worst by far was from there as well. All cases recorded here in my trip reports.

So for my eyes there's not much consistency but creating  plenty of curiosity making bar still worthwhile to visit and , sigh, to pay up

Guest ronnie4you

I forgot to mention my off of a dream boy a couple of weeks ago. Just a beautiful boy with skin from the original printer. Just wonderful. Very cute, demure. He said he did "everything." His fee was 2000 for short time. Well, Mr. Beauty did not do much of anything but be the sweetest ruse in town. Yes, I paid the 2000. He did get me off, but just looking at him might have done that. He's gay, too. Sorry that I can't remember more about his number or name. Boyfriend material. He says he also works as a masseur, but is still learning how to do that.

He said he did "everything." His fee was 2000 for short time. Well, Mr. Beauty did not do much of anything

I for one is not surprised. On the contrary I would say thats a trademark for that bar, outrageous prices and poor service. It's a chineese tourist-trap or for farangs who have so much money that they simply do not care how much they spend.

I also learned that the management pay better to the boys than other bars for their show appearance so expensive drink price is probably justifiable.

I'm not sure who told you that, but I've heard from at least three guys interviewed that they pay Bt100 to be in a show. It may well pay for Tea Money, but Bt500 just seems high.

2,000 THB for short time seems to be the going rate, might be related to crowd expectations for the Chinese lunar new year last week, when I was in town.  Bar off fees varied between 400 and 550.  Boys and mamasans all say 2,000 for short time.  There was a  little of that back in Sept/Oct but not as consistent among the boys as this past week.  That, or I've been outed on the go-go boy web as a 2,000 THB sucker (hmmm, maybe another word would be better but less accurate).

Guest ronnie4you

I for one is not surprised. On the contrary I would say thats a trademark for that bar, outrageous prices and poor service. It's a chineese tourist-trap or for farangs who have so much money that they simply do not care how much they spend.

Well now, well now. I care about how much money I spend. Just not in the face of true beauty. :good: