Jasper

Jupiter Last Night

Show time 10:30 drink price 350B 70% full 99% Asian customers

I knew I shouldn't have come on Tuesday but still only 8 boys on show?! And one is already booked. Really?

It seems the days of upto 30 boys danced to the tune of Sabrina's boysboysboys are long gone.

Mr Jupiter #20 was off last night. And so was Mekhin.

#67 young tall and slim

#43 nice upper body but need to work on thighs

#29 short cute but wear make up

For me #74 is the hottest boy in Jupiter or I dare say the sexiest bar boy in Bangkok.

He never smiles and glances the audience with a hint of disdain.

The way he stands on stage is so arrogant that makes me feel dizzy. Maybe I need to see a cardiologist. Haha

I suspect that he thinks he is the god's gift to all men and women.

He is one of the boys who does the pole dancing with the song of

French Affair's "Sexy". There are 4 boys dancing but Mr #74 moves body very seductively and makes others look like kids.

is there a similar summary spreadsheet for go go bars with drink fee off fees etc like the wonderful one the Divinemadam put together for the massage parlours?  So helpful for newbies like me!

is there a similar summary spreadsheet for go go bars with drink fee off fees etc like the wonderful one the Divinemadam put together for the massage parlours?  So helpful for newbies like me!

ha.  there isn't - one reason is that some bars change the drink prices when things are busy (peak pricing) and some of the bars will negotiate lower prices for the intrepid customers -- i.e., floridarob -- who ask before going in.  I'm expecting some bars will raise prices for lunar new year.  

BTW - I'm updating massage info - still pondering best ways to present the data.

Went to Jupiter Sunday night with DivineMadMan and some companions. Was surprised there were so few boys, maybe 10. Mekhi and #20 both on stage. Show not much changed since I saw it in October. Not much to add to other recent reports. Most of the audience was Chinese with some Japanese and maybe half dozen farang. Personally, I acknowledge it as the best staged show, but too long a pause between acts.

ha.  there isn't - one reason is that some bars change the drink prices when things are busy (peak pricing) and some of the bars will negotiate lower prices for the intrepid customers -- i.e., floridarob -- who ask before going in.  I'm expecting some bars will raise prices for lunar new year.  

BTW - I'm updating massage info - still pondering best ways to present the data.

This is correct. I have been to Hot Male twice in the past week with floridarob and on both occasions he was able to negotiate a 100 baht discount on drinks (300 not 400). I have to say though, both times the place was quite busy!

He also tried this tactic at FreshBoys, but they were not interested, hence our return to Hot Male. 

This is correct. I have been to Hot Male twice in the past week with floridarob and on both occasions he was able to negotiate a 100 baht discount on drinks (300 not 400). I have to say though, both times the place was quite busy!

He also tried this tactic at FreshBoys, but they were not interested, hence our return to Hot Male. 

I'm all for getting a lower drink price, particularly when floridarob is in charge of doing the negotiations and I don't have to, but sometimes i think we have to ask ourselves if the 100 baht saved is worth not going to see a show (and the lineup) at a different bar.  So to each his own.   It's the tension between "don't sweat the small stuff" and "the money saved here and there can add up."

I'm all for getting a lower drink price, particularly when floridarob is in charge of doing the negotiations and I don't have to, but sometimes i think we have to ask ourselves if the 100 baht saved is worth not going to see a show (and the lineup) at a different bar.  So to each his own.   It's the tension between "don't sweat the small stuff" and "the money saved here and there can add up."

I met a guy last night at Golden Cock, CEO of this region for a LARGE western company. Even with his money (could tell by his clothes, ring, watch) he isn't cheap. He has lived in Asia for 25 years and we discussed negotiating prices at these bars....he has it down firm and even cheaper than my prices. He said would you go buy a car and pay sticker price, or to a night market/patpong without negotiating?? Is part of the lifestyle and many look at you as a fool for not trying, because they know there is leeway.....was very insightful.

I had to google intrepid by the way, wasn't sure if it was an insult or compliment,lol 

He said would you go buy a car and pay sticker price, or to a night market/patpong without negotiating?? Is part of the lifestyle and many look at you as a fool for not trying, because they know there is leeway.....was very insightful.

Well... this helps!  One can feel strange negotiating 100 bahts in a drink but it may help one to become more assertive...

But of course we know that many bars do not negotiate the price.  A business decision for them to make.  So then the decision we have to make is whether or not to go to the bar because they won't negotiate.  Up to U.  

There's a-probably-made-up story among Thais about a westerner who tried to negotiate prices at the 7-Eleven.  

And BTW I really don't think people look at you like a fool if you don't negotiate the price of the bar drink.  The truth is they're not giving anyone that much thought.

If it's a fun game you enjoy playing, then play it.  But I wouldn't turn it into a negative comment on people who don't play it. 

I Guess listening to this guy that had so much experience in this country, made my negotiating 100 baht discounts seem like nothing.

I wasn't talking negative about anyone...however, I'll introduce you to a Thai freelancer that used to live in L.A. to get the inside scoop....and yes, they do give it a lot of thought. How many boys or farang do you know that have money transfers on regular bases for whatever "emergency" they declare. They even talk among themselves to compare notes and strategies....happens in many countries but the Thai's have it down better than most, imo

I'm a 18 yr veteran of this place and many others.....and is still a learning experience 

as far as 7/11 negotiating prices, wasn't me, maybe an Indian (they negotiate EVERYTHING) ..... negotiating to get the cashier to go home with me, yes I'm guilty  ;-)

I Guess listening to this guy that had so much experience in this country, made my negotiating 100 baht discounts seem like nothing.

I wasn't talking negative about anyone...however, I'll introduce you to a Thai freelancer that used to live in L.A. to get the inside scoop....and yes, they do give it a lot of thought. How many boys or farang do you know that have money transfers on regular bases for whatever "emergency" they declare. They even talk among themselves to compare notes and strategies....happens in many countries but the Thai's have it down better than most, imo

I'm a 18 yr veteran of this place and many others.....and is still a learning experience 

as far as 7/11 negotiating prices, wasn't me, maybe an Indian (they negotiate EVERYTHING) ..... negotiating to get the cashier to go home with me, yes I'm guilty  ;-)

I think most if not all of us on this already board know about the guys and their ways of extracting money from customers.  Don't see what that has to do with the points that I was making.  I don't think the doorman at a bar or anybody looks at you like a fool (your words) if you just go into a bar and pay the price.  I also think it is perfectly fine to go to a bar that does not negotiate the price.  And that was what started this particular sub-chain - I was simply pointing out in response to samebb that the decision to walk away from a bar just because it does not negotiate means you miss out on a good show and good line up of guys.  

I was simply pointing out in response to samebb that the decision to walk away from a bar just because it does not negotiate means you miss out on a good show and good line up of guys.  

Not strictly true... We both had something we wanted to oggle at again in HotMale. But I take your point !!

Guest abang1961

Funny I thought I was the pauper, the stingy Asian on this board.

Now I know it is possible to lower drink prics...

I learn a new thing everytime... 

I made an overview in 2014, had to update twice, see comments for most recent, and even these might be outdated.

http://christianpfc.blogspot.com/2014/03/prices-in-bangkok-gogo-bars.html

http://christianpfc.blogspot.com/2014/06/low-season-drink-prices-in-gogo-bars.html

just keep in mind that you may find boy of your dreams in bar with expensive drinks , boring show , noisy music and ugly , pushy mamasans and you may have  poor massage in a spiffy venue with friendly mamasans and best looking boys.

DivineMadman and ChristianPFC did great jobs but we must do our own groundwork to find those gates to heaven. 

On Thursday night, Mr King ( or Prince?)of Jupiter #20 graced the stage with his presence.

My favourite dance sequence "changing underwear behind curtain with Diana Ross Muscle song" was always done with most beautiful bodies of Jupiter boys and that night was showcased by

Mr King of Jupiter #20, Mr Sexy #74 and #43 and one other.

Unfortunately out of four boys, three were already pre-booked.

I spotted unusually high number of around 8 farangs. 10 girls incl. a group of 3 western women.

I spotted unusually high number of around 8 farangs. 10 girls incl. a group of 3 western women.

LOL!  Let's remember that girls, women are the natural (or let's say typical) admirers of male bodies,

and many of them prefer beautiful young gays or bisexuals in bed to ugly older straights.

Even me, 80% or so gay,  would prefer to have a young beautiful girl in bed than an unattractive man...