jason1975

earnings from drinks and off fee

would you really be willing to share your financial arrangements here if somebody curious asked you?

Not in detail. But answers like: "I have a job which gives me 10 weeks holiday" or "I am without job and live from social security in Thailand" or "I live from an inheritance", I have no problems to share.

The situation for me is: I have a job, work 36 hours every week. Have about 6 to 7 weeks huoliday each year. I go 2 or 3 times to Thailand each year. I finance it from my salary.

See? How difficult can it be?

I have a job, pays me millions, and i go to thailand everytime i feel horny. See how easy it is to tell lies? No idea what you can get from knowing what other people do with their holiday and money. Asking how much they spend on boys in understandable but asking how they got that money, its weird. If i rob a bank to source my man hunting, i wouldnt be telling it the whole world would i? So ill lie.

I have a job, pays me millions, and i go to thailand everytime i feel horny. See how easy it is to tell lies? No idea what you can get from knowing what other people do with their holiday and money. Asking how much they spend on boys in understandable but asking how they got that money, its weird. If i rob a bank to source my man hunting, i wouldnt be telling it the whole world would i? So ill lie.

It is not weird to ask how a 29 year old say - who has no job - finances his long long long stays each year, in Thailand. It is weird not to wonder about it. You are weird. I am normal.

It is not weird to ask how a 29 year old say - who has no job - finances his long long long stays each year, in Thailand. It is weird not to wonder about it. You are weird. I am normal.

You are, nothing wrong with being curious. Just asking and expecting that somebody will share his financial or other intimate details is nosy. On another hand as spoon  noticed above it's easy to tell pleasurable lie to keep all at bay.

Suggestion for ChristianPFC : tell the world you live out of royalties you receive for some chemical formula you patented which is not enough to live on in Europe but enough for south-east Asia. Very few would doubt  sense of it.

Just to be clear . I could care less how Christian makes a living.  I brought him up,because he was used as an example of how cheap someone can live in Thailand.  I did not think that was a fair comparison to an 18 year old moving from Issan to BKK and really had no relevance in that particular discussion.

Guest DThump
Just to be clear . I could care less how Christian makes a living.[(/quote]

Having known two farangs that have spent some time with him you would even care less if possible.

Guest abang1961

I invited Christian to my humble flat for 4 nights in 2014.

He was responsible and respectful throughout the stay and never demanded anything.

I met him again in Dec 2016 and he actually insisted to pay for lunch.

So why bother to ask...what he does in his life is his own prerogative and none of our business...

Same as knowing someone in Thailand...do you assume straight away he is a money boy?

$

Just to be clear . I could care less how Christian makes a living.[(/quote]

Having known two farangs that have spent some time with him you would even care less if possible.

That is very low and if I ever saw need for 'Unlike" button it is in your post.

I'd understand if you  were one of those farangs and you hold some grudges   but clearly you are not.

I could care less how Christian makes a living.  I brought him up,because he was used as an example of how cheap someone can live in Thailand. 

nothing wrong with it as he seems to take pride of his prudence and satang counting and has some good ideas how to live cheap and still have value in Thailand.

Guest DThump

That is very low and if I ever saw need for 'Unlike" button it is in your post.

I'd understand if you  were one of those farangs and you hold some grudges   but clearly you are not.

What you think is of no concern to me.

Personally I find the statements certain people make on the aboard that the boys are lazy or stupid etc. unjustified and inappropriate.

And greedy. From years of chatting with and meeting Thai boys (not just in the bars, in fact most of them not from bars) I can say that the majority is lazy and/or stupid and/or greedy. Supporting data in my blog. Your experience might be different.

I have this question also for Christian. How a relatively young man can stay so long in Thailand without a job. How does he do it? I know he travelled last year back to Europe because I understood his savings were gone. But I think he still visits a lot. But now funded via a job?

I hope he can enlighten curious me :-)

I saved money from work in Europe. If it's a consolation for you: it won't last til retirement, some day I will have to find a job. This subject was discussed before (on Sawatdeenetwork?). I'm curious about others' finances as well (mainly how much they tip), so I will answer such questions (if you ask nicely) in the most general terms.

I saved money from work in Europe. 

Yes I know, I read that before. I also remember reading last year that the savings where gone and you needed to go back to Europe to start a job. Has that happened? 

You are a master of saving by the way. Graduating from uni, work only a few years on a by definition a starting salary, and then have saved so much that you can live for many years on it in Thailand. 

And greedy. From years of chatting with and meeting Thai boys (not just in the bars, in fact most of them not from bars) I can say that the majority is lazy and/or stupid and/or greedy. Supporting data in my blog. Your experience might be different.

The question has to be asked , why do you keep coming to Thailand and chasing boys when you have so little regard for them. I can only wonder what the boys really think of you.

Your description certainly describe some of them as it would any young boys in many countries.It is the same sort of BS we heard in USA about African Americans.

The situation you are raised in helps determine your drive to succeed and it is a fact many of the boys you meet in Bars , have 1 parent, little schooling and no role models .  It is also a fact in Thailand even a boy who gets to attend a University  is still limited in what he can achieve because the best jobs are given to the right families.

At any rate , I think you may find a rude awakening when you have to return to the work force and depend on someone else to decide how you will earn a living.

At any rate , I think you may find a rude awakening when you have to return to the work force and depend on someone else to decide how you will earn a living.

I think it will not be easy to find a job matching your education when you have been out for so many years. If I were an employer and I read in a resumé that after studying the candidate worked 3 years and then went to Thailand for 8 years living on the money he saved, and now is looking for a job then I think the chances aren't high. So long out of the area of your expertise and also so long out of a daily work rythm. If I were an employer I would maybe not dare to take the risk. Although in America it wouldn't b a risk really, because you can be fired at any moment. In Europe it is less easy to fire an employee.

So Christian could find a job, where his knowledge of Thai language and customs would be an advantage instead of trying to fit in rigid corporate system... Perhaps, he already doing such kind of projects and earns some income not being tied by corporate world. And I wish him luck

Regarding laziness - I think, we have different connotations and moral feelings about this word. Yes, for me most my Thai contacts are certainly 'lazy' (and I am a Russian, who have this laziness feature by Western eyes), but for these my Thai contacts it could be just 'sabai-sabai'... You have warm weather, a lot of fruits, two times per year you need to work hard to plant and harvest rice, but all other months you can just doing nothing... Why you should be worried about your rent due in 10 days? That is not now, just enjoy the moment, sabai- sabai :)

Guest finally

It always amuses me to see how a thread about any issue turns into a completely different direction. Question about earnings from drinks and off fee switches to questions about Christian s financial situation. It seems to me that Abdism. has no idea about the starting salary in Germany for someone who is as qualified as Chr. No problem to earn 3000-4000 Euros a month (+ benefits ). Considering a humble lifestyle..for ex. living in the house of the parents etc. it is absolutely no problem saving 2500 Euros a month..considering that he maybe has worked 3 years bef. going to Th......ok, just do the math! Besides he worked in Thailand at a university in his first year and I guess he had a very nice salary by Thai standards. The salaries I mentioned are realistic for Germany...of course not for Indonesia , Malaysia etc. BTW I ve been knowing Christian for quite a few years and we meet up several times a year when I have a stopover in Thailand. He is not greedy at all but veeeery thrifty. I never asked him about his financial situation bec. it is NOT my business. About the OP s questions: I have stopped going to Soi Twilight gogo bars years ago but I know from my regular guy who worked at Hotmale then that he received 20 B com. fee for every drink. If he showed up at the bar befor 8pm. he received 100 B, if he did not show up without any  excuse he had to pay 400B. He worked at Classic Boys before but only 2 days because the devil Mamasan wanted a cut from his earnings. Heard the same story about Classic from another regular of mine.

How do you know it is not of my business?

Why would it be your business?

Anyway, almost the same questions in similar style have been asked here:

http://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/showthread.php?17994-ChristianPFC

which lead me to assume that abidismaili on gaythailand is AsDaRa on sawatdeenetwork. There is no board rule against posting under a different name on another forum, but I find it strange.

That was less than a year ago, either you have short memory or you are a troll. Whichever it is, I won't participate in any further speculation about my financial and professional situation and ask everyone else to do the same.

The question has to be asked , why do you keep coming to Thailand and chasing boys when you have so little regard for them. I can only wonder what the boys really think of you.

Every now and then you find a gem.

Regarding greediness: A boy I haven't even met asked me to buy him (or at least contribute to) shoes worth 2500 Baht. The question is: would he do the same with a Thai who is older/richer (then it would just be cultural difference and not greediness).

The biggest problem for me is not greediness, not laziness, but stupidity and refusal to take advice. I had students whining that they don't know the way to where I wanted to meet them, even if money was offered (I would have gone to their room, but usually they stay with friends so can't do anything there, and someone who doesn't know the way can only be fuckbuddy, i.e. "fuck and go" without fringe activities.)