jason1975

earnings from drinks and off fee

Back to the OP. In one bar I found the rules posted in Thai on the way to toilet, here translation in short:

boys get 3000 Baht per month,

in bar before 19:30 additional 80, between 19:30 and 20:00 additional 60, between 20:00 and 20:30 no additional, after 20:30 100 will be deduced, absent on Fri-Sat-Sun-days with concert or Mor Lam 600 will be deduced

when sick have to present sick note from doctor

thieves will be reported to police

boy get 50 for each off and 40 for each drink

2 days off per month

In the Netherlands someone with a Master degree from uni receives as starting salary on avarage € 2600 a month BEFORE taxes. So let's say 1800 after taxes.

http://www.startersbanen.nl/nieuws/Wat-verdient-een-WO-starter-gemiddeld-567.html

So in our neighbor country (Germany) it is about twice as much before taxes? Amazing.

I won't participate in any further speculation about my financial and professional situation and ask everyone else to do the same.

It is your right not to go into this. But if I am to speak about myself I wouldn't mind telling the world how I managed to save so much in a short time. So others can learn. It is not that private. We know you are male, German, gay. That you all reveal without any hesitation. But the big mystery how to save in a few years from a starting salary so much that you can live from it a long long time in Thailand is somehow super private. Again: it is your right. And I will not ask again.

By the way: last year you told us the savings where gone and you had to return to Germany. Must have been a typo I am sure.

Guest finally

In the Netherlands someone with a Master degree from uni receives as starting salary on avarage € 2600 a month BEFORE taxes. So let's say 1800 after taxes.

http://www.startersbanen.nl/nieuws/Wat-verdient-een-WO-starter-gemiddeld-567.html

So in our neighbor country (Germany) it is about twice as much before taxes? Amazing.

It always depends upon the kind of Master you have got and additional qualifications you have. Christian was at a university in England too and worked in France as well. He is not a simple teacher with any Master degree. The more you are specialized and the more qualifications you have the higher your salary. There are not so many persons with the qualification of Christian , thousands of Masters (Law, teachers etc.) leave the unversities every year and there are not jobs for all of them, so they have to except the lower salary. My nephew graduated from university last year (IT,computer)...he had already worked when a student and he could choose his employer. He has the  salary I mentioned , of c doing extra working hours at times. He would simply smile about the salaries you mentioned. Maybe they are relevant if y work 9-5 for the government and do not have a demanding work.

Your description certainly describe some of them as it would any young boys in many countries.It is the same sort of BS we heard in USA about African Americans.

Your comment reminds me conversation I had years ago with my godmother who confessed than when I was a kid she thought me being lazy / stupid ( not greedy)  and was pleasantly surprised to see I grew up to be quite OK in her words.

it means that for everybody starting at 1800 is one starting with 3400,  almost twice as much

Guest finally

It always depends upon the kind of Master you have got and additional qualifications you have. Christian was at a university in England too and worked in France as well. He is not a simple teacher with any Master degree. The more you are specialized and the more qualifications you have the higher your salary. There are not so many persons with the qualification of Christian , thousands of Masters (Law, teachers etc.) leave the unversities every year and there are not jobs for all of them, so they have to except the lower salary. My nephew graduated from university last year (IT,computer)...he had already worked when a student and he could choose his employer. He has the  salary I mentioned , of c doing extra working hours at times. He would simply smile about the salaries you mentioned. Maybe they are relevant if y work 9-5 for the government and do not have a demanding work.

OMG...I reread my my post again...what a spelling mistake.....!! Of c. it should be "accept"...NOT...except. Hopefully our "Grammar Nazi" forgives me. Sorry Christian, I could not resist!!

Back to the OP. In one bar I found the rules posted in Thai on the way to toilet, here translation in short:

boys get 3000 Baht per month,

in bar before 19:30 additional 80, between 19:30 and 20:00 additional 60, between 20:00 and 20:30 no additional, after 20:30 100 will be deduced, absent on Fri-Sat-Sun-days with concert or Mor Lam 600 will be deduced

when sick have to present sick note from doctor

thieves will be reported to police

boy get 50 for each off and 40 for each drink

2 days off per month

Thank you for sharing this info, Christian. This bar treats boys fairly. I would love to visit it!

I think it will not be easy to find a job matching your education when you have been out for so many years. If I were an employer and I read in a resumé that after studying the candidate worked 3 years and then went to Thailand for 8 years living on the money he saved, and now is looking for a job then I think the chances aren't high. So long out of the area of your expertise and also so long out of a daily work rythm. If I were an employer I would maybe not dare to take the risk.

What's your beef abidismaili? Why this concentrated focus on christianpfcs finances and your narrow minded views on his future employment? It really is none of your business. Looking at your alter ego's comments on the sawatdee forum as pointed out by christianpfc you have an unusually creepy obsession with aspects of his life, earnings and potential future employment that have nothing to do with anyone other that christianpfc himself. You may be happy telling the world how much you earn and can save. I can't think of any other poster here who has done so. Just accept the fact that some people in this life like you prefer an easy life with regular steady employment and occasional holidays. Others like christianpfc take calculated risks preferring to experience living in other countries long before retirement comes along. How they finance themselves is exclusively their own business. In any case, as has been pointed out, you have been through all this before on sawatdee.

Any these "hot" discussions on ChristianPFC's monetary issue also makes me curious. How he did it? Could others learn from him? Whatever it is, these questions are better asked in person, usually by close friends, rather than in a public forum.

The fact he doesnt explain it in some believable detail is suspicious to me. I think he receives social security and is too embarssed to admit it. I have given up.

Say it was an inheritance, why is it such a secret to say it? Say you won the lottery, why is it such a secret to say it? The only reason I see for this secrecy is crime (but I doubt that to be honest) or social security (which is the option I go for, for lack of reliable info).

I only say this: it is extremely unlikely for a young uni graduate (I am myself a uni graduate with a Master degree (MSc)) to work 3 years and then have saved enough to live from the savings 20 years in Thailand say. Even 10. Even 5.

Guest abang1961

I am rather bemused by the above poster.

Once again, the above poster has totally failed to "mind your own business".

I dislike it when someone asked me whatever more than the basics - where r u from, what work did you do?

If Christian has the means to survive (well) in Thailand, it should be the end of all discussions..

No point being so nosy how he manages himself.

And I know Christian to be an honest person as a recent trip to the 7-11 shows that he returns the change, every Thai baht to his friend.

No more discussion please.  Have some respect for others!

Back to the topic of "earning and off fee".. We need to know more about it - how the boys survive in Thailand and not Christian's income and expenditure!!!!

Once again, the above poster has totally failed to "mind your own business".

I like you Mr. Abang1961. You are a good man (that is the impression I get from you on this forum).

But I disagree that it is not of my business. It should also be of your business.

You live in Singapore. You pay taxes. Say your neighboor has no job, never worked in his live, he receives social security. But he always drives a very expensive car, every year buys the newest iPhone. Goes on expensive cruises. Then it is normal to wonder how that neighboor of yours does it. Because if he does it with crime (the most likely option, because if he had a big inheritance his right to social security would not be there) you would want to know it. Because as a law abiding citizen it is your citizen's duty to report to police on suspicious activities. 

If he does receive social security because he has a work disability, and you have very good reasons to suspect he faked that disability then it is of your business to know the truth. Because your tax money finances his life style. If he truly has a work disability it is of course no matter, your tax dollars are well spend. But else it is your business to know if they are not well spend. It is of your business to have an explanation for strange things which involve your tax money. 

Guest abang1961

If someone foreign can survive in Singapore's rather extravagant lifestyle, who am I to ask where his money is from?

He can do and live whichever way he likes as long as he is not detrimental to the social fabrics.

If that person does not pay tax in Singapore, that is also his business and that of the Inland Revenues.

I won't accept any suspicions as I do understand what is off-limits.

He can be peddling drugs and other stuff for all I know but once again, I don't care.

It is the duty of the police and the immigration department to deport him.

Same here for Christian.

If he does anything illegal in the eyes of the law of Thailand, he and only he will bear the responsibility for his deeds.

I am adamant that we should never poke into others' affairs.

Please cut him some slack - I really want to know what is your motive for bringing up such an issue which you do not have any concern directly.  Just stop being so nosy and so-called righteous.  We don't need you to start investigations of others in this forum.   Sooner or later, you may be breathing down my throat for NOT working in Singapore anymore and can afford to take an overseas holiday/trip once a month.  

SHUT the Fuck Out.....

Guest finally

I like you Mr. Abang1961. You are a good man (that is the impression I get from you on this forum).

But I disagree that it is not of my business. It should also be of your business.

You live in Singapore. You pay taxes. Say your neighboor who has no job, never worked in his live, he receives social security. But he always drives a very expensive car, every year buys the newest iPhone. Goes on expensive cruises. Then it is normal to wonder how that neighboor of yours does it. Because if he does it with crime (the most likely option, because if he had a big inheritance his right to social security would not be there) you would want to know it. Because as a law abiding citizen it is your citizen's duty to report to police on suspecious activities. 

If he does receive social security because he has a work disability, and you have very good reasons to suspect he faked that disability then it is of your business to know the truth. Because your tax money finances his life style. If he truly has a work disability it is of course no matter, your tax dollars are well spend. But else it is your business to know if they are not well spend. It is of your business to have an explanation for strange things which involve your tax money. 

OMG ...This obsession of Abdi  with Christians income, where does it come from? Maybe there is a psychologist or...even better..a psychiatrist on this board who can help because though having worked as a lawyer for some decades and meeting many weird people I can not explain. BTW In order to receive "social security"..I think you meant supply from the government y r not allowed to leave the country without the approval of the government and y can be sure they will check your pport. So this proves that Christian does not get any money from the government. Do you feel better now? Ok these were my last 5 cents on this topic, quite amusing

Guest abang1961

One local word: Diam.

It means "Shut your fucking mouth".

Your interest has nothing to do with any of us, the other forummers on this board.

This will be my final post on this topic as I believe many are "super tired" of your probing!

@abidismaili, apparently you're a resident of The Netherlands. Might I suggest that you use your ample time and energy to investigate alleged and/or suspicious social security recipients in The Netherlands, where you presumably contribute. If you're overzealous with your reporting, it might even result in you being offered professional help.

You may want to ask cdnmatt who posts on Sawatdee Network. He is in his mid-thirties and been living in Thialand for a long time .

It is no mystery at all if Mr. Cdnmatt has a job in Thailand. But as I understand it Christian has had no job at all for years.

And has only had a very short working live. That is the mystery.

It is perfectly normal to be young and to live in Thailand for a long time: digital nomad, job in Thailand, won lottery, inheritance, etc.

What is for me the mystery is how you can do all that without a job, without a lottery win, without inheritance, without enough working live background to have been able to have saved enough. That is what my scientific, analytical mind, tries to comprehend.

And the only solutions for me so far are crime or social security. The last the most likely. Or a third option now I think about it: his parents give him montlhy 500 EUR. He is only child maybe, they don't care they have still to take care of him, so they willingly give it. That is also an option. And explains also why he is quiet about it. I mean who wants to admit he still depends on his parents as a 40 year old (I don't know his age, so this is a guess).

I wonder how different is culture in countries. In my country to ask somebody about source of his money is extremely rude and is counting as a low-class behavior.

In my country only when you ask how much someone earns. That is not done.

Asking if someone has a job is for example considered a normal question that can be asked.

Also asking "you have no salary, no job , no lottery win, no inheritance, no savings, please tell me your secret how you can afford these expensive holidays" is an allowed question, because such a situation is so rare that everyone wants to know the secret. Such a person you only encounter once in a lifetime, if ever.