numazu

Bangkok/Yangon/Bagan/Mandalay Trip Report: Playing With Fire

This photo privacy controversy comes up frequently here, and will never be fully resolved. I suppose it's worth an on-going conversation, but it does get a bit tiresome. To me, anyway.

I for one am enjoying the reading immensely. It reminds me of when Armistad Maupin was doing the Tales of the City series in installments. I can't seem to get to the end. You write faster than I can read!

My only moral concern is a bit different from the photo issue, and that is, if you end up breaking Burboy's heart, you will burn in hell for all eternity. That's not just my opinion, it is fact, as attested to by 97% of all climate scientists. But then, come to think of it, hell for eternity may well be worth all the fun you are having now.

Cheers.

My only moral concern is a bit different from the photo issue, and that is, if you end up breaking Burboy's heart, you will burn in hell for all eternity. That's not just my opinion, it is fact, as attested to by 97% of all climate scientists. But then, come to think of it, hell for eternity may well be worth all the fun you are having now.

Here the consensus of the climate scientists may be hell, although not eternal but only for the life of our sun.

After all, Numazu didn't promise his friend to be together until death should them part.  Compare this to so many cases where the groom never shows up at the wedding and leaves the bride high and dry.  For these cases yes, hell is eternal  

Numazu's choice of visiting Puerto Vallarta is surely a good one.  Another destination I want to explore is Mexico City.  One of the largest cities in the world, it is gay friendly, with same-sex marriage being legal there, and the cost of living is nearly as low as BKK.

Instead of nice beaches it has congestion, pollution.  But it may still be good for sex tourism.

Compare this to so many cases where the groom never shows up at the wedding and leaves the bride high and dry. 

This I don't know but years ago I was attending a wedding on which only groom was present along with 100 of guests . Bride was missing because in the morning of wedding day she was taken go hospital to deliver a baby. No harm done though , they are still together , 5 popes and 7 POTUS later, Queen is the same though.  

As one who has posted a number of trip reports over the years, I appreciate the time and effort required. So thank you for your reports ; they are some of the best I've ever read on any of the forums.

I've always steered clear of posting photos of the guys; it's a very controversial issue, fraught with danger.

Also, in the early days of writing reports I always asked the guys if I could take their photo and post it on the net and not one guy ever agreed. So I respected their wishes.

I can understand why you posted those photos without blurring the faces - you were caught up in the moment of writing and it probably never occurred to you. That's what happens, especially when you are writing such long and detailed posts.

Anyway, I loved the photos, especially of the awesome food you were enjoying.

Thanks for introducing a new destination. It's a bit far from Australia but it's now on my bucket list. The way you described your interaction with the boy in the back room, I felt like I was sitting next to you both, watching the action.

I wish you all the best!

This I don't know but years ago I was attending a wedding on which only groom was present along with 100 of guests . Bride was missing because in the morning of wedding day she was taken go hospital to deliver a baby. No harm done though , they are still together , 5 popes and 7 POTUS later, Queen is the same though.  

You attended a wedding 5 popes and 7 POTUS ago?  

WOW! we must have seen a lot of history.

After that, nothing should scare us anymore.

And you're still such a young and handsome guy!

keep in mind that that  7th president  back is still alive 

Donald Trump is the 45th president.

Seven presidents back would be the 38th.

The 38th president was Gerald Ford, who died in 2006

Still alive is Jimmy Carter, the 6th president back.

5 Popes back leads us to John XXIII.

And in his days, the POTUS was John Kennedy, the 10th president back.

Don't worry.  Memory may improve with age   :)

I've also enjoyed Numazu's thorough trip reports. I suspect he'll post again, and I'd most likely read most of them again.

I've had pointed criticisms directed at me over the years, too - 99% of them from anonymous online personas (the woods are full of them) -   but I had to learn to [1] consider the source(s) [2] admit when I'd stepped over a line, and [3] not sweat the small stuff and let it spoil my fun via sharing the stories.  I'd also suggest it's healthy to learn and grow from valid criticism.

Pardon my venturing an opinion, but looking over the last eight paragraphs of his last post on this thread it seemed like an example of the "praise me or I'll stop sharing" posts we've all seen over the years. I was taught as a child that I don't have to react to such things, so I simply offer thanks when thanks are due. 

If one is actually crafting a report/post, yes they DO take time; only a jerk wouldn't appreciate that. I just give more credit to those who do them because they enjoy sharing them, that's all. If you enjoy posting the reports, Numazu - keep at it. Specific violations are the responsibility of the mods.

Just my two satang's worth. 

I've had pointed criticisms directed at me over the years, too - 99% of them from anonymous online personas (the woods are full of them) -   but I had to learn to [1] consider the source(s) [2] admit when I'd stepped over a line, and [3] not sweat the small stuff and let it spoil my fun via sharing the stories.  I'd also suggest it's healthy to learn and grow from valid criticism.

I also find that online forums can offer learning experiences if we recognize them as such.

We learn about ourselves through the criticism of others, and

we learn not to get hurt by criticisms and ugliness, and build an emotional thick skin.

Hopefully Numazu finds this too.

He's been getting a lot of praise from us already, so I don't think he needs to ask for it. I think those 8 paragraphs were just to decry those amateur moderators who try to nitpick the imaginary violations they think he was committing. We are left without an ending to the story as a result.

There was never an allegation of violations, just a suggestion that we need to afford people the same privacy we'd like to enjoy.  Not a question of board rules but more of general thoughtfulness and consideration.

There was never an allegation of violations, just a suggestion that we need to afford people the same privacy we'd like to enjoy. Not a question of board rules but more of general thoughtfulness and consideration.

Great. A small number of you got your victory by him blurring the faces. And a lot more of us lost by the non-continuation of the story.

his last post on this thread it seemed like an example of the "praise me or I'll stop sharing" posts we've all seen over the years.

I'm at a loss how you came to that conclusion, baobao. Like bucknaway, I didn't see any evidence of that at all.

I just saw someone who had an interesting story to tell and was very happy to take the time to share it with us. Ok, I don't think he should have posted those photos without first blurring the faces but hey, shit happens. It's no big deal and certainly not a hanging offence. He rectified the situation immediately.

I agree with steveboy that if we post, we have to sit back and expect some criticism from time to time. It goes with the territory. Thankfully, experience has shown that you usually adapt very quickly and it just becomes like water off a duck's back.