gerefan

Vietnamese Boys

I have read that Vietnamese boys' performance is often well below average.

I have no direct experience of them, except that the other evening I arranged for one, in Pattaya, to visit my room the following day. We agreed time and I gave him details. He is not a gogo or bar boy.

It turned into a "no show", so I'm thinking of avoiding them in the future.

Anyone got any experience?

I have a lot of experience with them. My bf is Vietnamese and I am good friends with many of them . Though my experience is in Bangkok. I would say a no show by a Vietnamese boy shouldn't condemn all. I'm sure many here could say they have had a no show Thai or Cambodian etc.

I know many here don't like dealing with them as most are tops only. Biggest problem is it takes time to get to know them and most tourist don't have the time or patience. If you have the time, they can be very affectionate, warm and fun. Getting them to bottom probably isn't going to happen unless you find a gay boy. There are a few. Screwboys and X-Size.

Some of the boys that advertise online tend to be full service. So for me, I enjoy their company very much. I know this thread will probably lead to mostly anti Vietnamese boys, but I understand, some of it's not unfounded. I've just figured how to work with them.

Its true with a lot of other nationals as well. Ive usually had so so experience with some boys at first, but since i like the boy, body/face, i tried another time and it went from a 2 to a 8-9 out of 10. Its quite true here in malaysia because some of the massage center do not advertised the other services, and some masseur wont initiate until towards the end, if they decide u want to go further. Otherwise, they will just provide normal massage. And if they ask at the end, u dont have much time to adjust. They dont magically know what turns u on, and communication is still difficult. if after a second session and nothing improves, thats the last time ill see the guy lol.

No shows (or late shows) are possible amongst money boys of any nationality. Don't let that cloud your judgement, based on a sample size of 1.

Some moneyboys are professionals who show up on time, behave well & earn good money. Others are just wasters who cannot even set a calendar appointment on their phone.

If we're meeting at 10:00, I now tell them I will go at 10:10 if they are not there.

My experience with Vietnamese in Thailand is very limited. There was one in Fresh Boys who didn't have the right numbers on his ID card.

Then the ones at the open air bar near it who are just there as the bait to lure customers in and only consider providing limited services for a very inflated fee.

After that, where are they all ?

I have a lot of experience with them. My bf is Vietnamese and I am good friends with many of them . Though my experience is in Bangkok. I would say a no show by a Vietnamese boy shouldn't condemn all. I'm sure many here could say they have had a no show Thai or Cambodian etc.

I know many here don't like dealing with them as most are tops only. Biggest problem is it takes time to get to know them and most tourist don't have the time or patience. If you have the time, they can be very affectionate, warm and fun. Getting them to bottom probably isn't going to happen unless you find a gay boy. There are a few. Screwboys and X-Size.

Some of the boys that advertise online tend to be full service. So for me, I enjoy their company very much. I know this thread will probably lead to mostly anti Vietnamese boys, but I understand, some of it's not unfounded. I've just figured how to work with them.

Sounds a lot like my opinion of Jupiter Boys. You just need to recognize most are Tops only and move on from there if that does not suit you.

Although I do have to say I had no problem finding Bottoms in Hanoi. Not sure what that says?

I'm going to Hanoi in a couple of weeks. Looking at the Aps, many boys post as bottoms. Many of the boys that work in Bangkok come from the central part of the country and are not exposed to much gay anything in there lives. Most of the boys come on recommendations of friends. "I am in Bangkok making lots of money , come to Bangkok" I met a boy at FreshBoys last week. His first time on stage. Never been with a man before. But he was still offed before the night ended. Don't know how it worked out for boy or customer, but he's make it more money than working in the rice fields.

I've spent quite some time in Vietnam recently (mostly in HCMC) and my experiences there have been great. Like firecat69, I also haven't perceived any lack of bottoms in Vietnam, so it really seems to be quite an oddity that so many of those Vietnamese who come to work at Bangkok boy bars, of all places, are tops only. I think paulsf's explanation makes sense, but still I'd expect the word to spread among gay/bottom Vietnamese boys as well. Strange.

From what i gather, a lot of the Vietnamese guys working in Bkk are actually straight hence why they are only tops when being offed. I was talking to a couple of handsome viet boys and i asked him why so many are top, he said he likes girls.

I've got to say tho, Vietnamese boys are probably the cutest throughout asia in my eyes.

This subject has been discussed several times before, here in brief what I said before:

After two negative experiences (on from Fresh Boys ? around 2012, ok in bed but mercenary during negotiations afterwards - wanted 2000 for short time, I had to kick him out with 1600) and non-offable boy in Scorpion bar in 2013, I will not take Vietnamese moneyboys in Bangkok again. Experiences with free Vietnamese boys in Bangkok and Vietnam ok.

(My experiences with between 5 and 10 money boys from Cambodia or Lao in Thailand all positive.)

Vietnamese boys might be cute, but if they don't perform, what's the point ?     Particularly when the selection from Thailand, Laos & Cambodia is also rather good.   

Although, since they remain, I suppose they must  earn enough to stay in the business.

The hard negotiation mentioned earlier doesn't surprise me either.  The people in Vietnam seem much more pushy than in Thailand or Cambodia.  For example, getting rid of tuk tuk drivers, or other hawkers may take several no's , when just one will do in Thailand. Overcharging on buses.  Many other small examples.

The most aggressive situation of all came when I was checking out of my hotel in Saigon.   I paid the night before, to make a quick getaway to the airport. Then when dropping the keys off the next day, they had no record of my payment. The lady behind the counter was quite agressive.  I eventually found my receipt and showed it to the guy on the till, when she was looking through records at the back.  She demanded to see it as well, I said no and walked out with her insisting I stop.

Thanks to their behaviour, if I pay cash for any hotel anywhere on arrival, I'm very insistent on getting a receipt immediately.   Whether it be Germany, Thailand or wherever.

Assuming what you say in general about Vietnam is correct in Saigon, then Hanoi must be the polar opposite. No problem with negotiations of any kind with cab drivers. restaurants although I did arm myself with the knowledge of which Taxi companies to trust. No problem finding Bottoms in Hanoi and I gather no problem finding Viet Top boys in BKK . For some reason all the Bottoms are staying in Hanoi.

Hanoi and saigon are total opposite in terms of their culture. Hanoi or northern vietnamese are more soft spoken with good manners, usually they have noble ancestors. Saigon people are generally the working class, more abrasive in terms of speaking, talking loud, direct, argumentative.

Guest ryanasia

Vietnamese boys might be cute, but if they don't perform, what's the point ?     Particularly when the selection from Thailand, Laos & Cambodia is also rather good.   

Although, since they remain, I suppose they must  earn enough to stay in the business.

The hard negotiation mentioned earlier doesn't surprise me either.  The people in Vietnam seem much more pushy than in Thailand or Cambodia.  For example, getting rid of tuk tuk drivers, or other hawkers may take several no's , when just one will do in Thailand. Overcharging on buses.  Many other small examples.

The most aggressive situation of all came when I was checking out of my hotel in Saigon.   I paid the night before, to make a quick getaway to the airport. Then when dropping the keys off the next day, they had no record of my payment. The lady behind the counter was quite agressive.  I eventually found my receipt and showed it to the guy on the till, when she was looking through records at the back.  She demanded to see it as well, I said no and walked out with her insisting I stop.

Thanks to their behaviour, if I pay cash for any hotel anywhere on arrival, I'm very insistent on getting a receipt immediately.   Whether it be Germany, Thailand or wherever.

The VN boys are also just visitors so they are playing the short game. They are less likely to try to get you to build a house or become long term. They are there to get money today and not tomorrow so it is actually probably a more honest transaction in many ways.  60 bucks is 60 bucks.

When I was an instructor at the local university most of the students I caught cheating were Vietnamese.

Maybe because my eyes were on them more?  (Vietnamese can easily turn me on!)

Nooo...  compared to the formal Americans, they were very competitive, and so they tried in any way possible to get ahead. 

The VN boys are also just visitors so they are playing the short game. They are less likely to try to get you to build a house or become long term. They are there to get money today and not tomorrow so it is actually probably a more honest transaction in many ways.  60 bucks is 60 bucks.

Well I agree they are honest.   When they say they will go for 3000 baht short time and up front they say no sucking, no kissing & no bottoming, well it is certainly honest.   I respect that.   I'm just not going to be a customer.  

I am also slightly surprised they make enough money on those terms.

I go with Vietnamese boys all the time and don't have the same bad luck as you. I've never had a Vietnamese boy ask for more than 2000. Bottoming is an issue, but not so much the rest for me.

Where do you encounter all these Vietnamese boys ?     I've met a small number on Soi Twilight & that's it. 

The boys I do meet in Thailand are from Thailand, Laos, a few from Burma & more recently, many from Cambodia.

Most of the boys I meet up with are from SoiTwilight. My bf is Vietnamese and all the boys know each other. This has given me an inside and gets me up close and personal with many of the boys. I'll be the first to admit they can be a bit difficult on first meetings but if you get a chance to spend time with them, it can be very rewarding.

Paulsf and I know many of the same Vietnamese boys.  They are a bit wary as many have been burned by farangs, but when they begin to trust (as they do Pausf) they are open and fun and even thoughtful toward you.   

And I'm a bit wary, because I've been burnt by Vietnamese boys (more precisely Vietnamese money boys in Bangkok, no complaints about free Vietnamese boys in Bangkok and Vietnam). Just two of them spoilt it for all others. (Just like the many scams that are running in Thailand, a small one-time gain for one person, but a huge loss for the entire country.)