kaisernic

Go Go bars in Bangkok

I'm trying to imagine the boys saying: "please, please, don't pay me so much but accept my lower price..."

it doesn't work way you imagine. All boils down  to who will ask question first .

I ask boy ' are you going with me", there are two possible answers  'yes' and then I will ask him how much he wants or he is faster and asks ' how much do you give me".

Contrary to what some may think  boys realize that being too greedy may not work as far as subsequent off is concerned, after all ' how long you stay in Bangkok / Pattaya ? " is a standard one in boys repertoir. 

At Dreamboys if you ask mamasan about boys tip, they will quote

2000 short time/3000 long time while at Tawan, captain will tell you it's up to individual boys.

They can quote as much as they like. In the end, it's none of their business. Unless, of course, they are including a tip for themselves, to be collected later from the boy.

At Dreamboys if you ask mamasan about boys tip, they will quote

2000 short time/3000 long time while at Tawan, captain will tell you it's up to individual boys.

Asking a mamasan about tips is the last thing you want to do, since they tend to quote high AND it marks you down as being unsure of the going rate.

Whilst I don't use Dreamboys, 1500 short time seems OK in some of the other BKK gogo bars.

I am not familiar with host bars in Saphan Kwai and Sukumvit. Can anyone update me?

The only gogo bar in Saphan Kwai, Be High, closed last year. Now there are several karaoke left. There are several threads on the forums. Saphan Kwai gets a tentative recommendation from me.

In Sukhumvit there is inter-moustache, I have been about once every year 2012-2013-2014, then gave up because there was nothing for me.  Don't even know if it's still open.

http://christianpfc.blogspot.com/2014/12/inter-mustache-december-2014.html

http://christianpfc.blogspot.com/2013/10/inter-mustache-sukhumvit-soi-10.html

depending on when you plan to be there in April it could be Songkran time...so be prepared for that.

The massage boys in soi twilight had their singlets off and dancing in the water being sprayed early evening last songkran. Quite a sight but not the best time to visit go go bars.

They can quote as much as they like. In the end, it's none of their business. Unless, of course, they are including a tip for themselves, to be collected later from the boy.

I disagree. I could be totally wrong but I am suspecting Dreamboys management is trying to create a cartel i.e. internal

Price fixing that avoid their boy's undercutting each other and causing unnecessary competition and unpleasant working environment considering huge number of boys on their books. If management impose 2000 ST/ 3000 LT policy it's much easier for boys to reject customers request of lower tip too as Vinapu witnessed.

It also protect a first time customer to pay over the top tip from an opportunistic boy quoting like 3000 ST.

I think It's a sign of a good strong management.

One boy from Dreamboy said to me that their boss knows ( nature of) boys and understanding.

Guest abang1961

Tongue in cheek..

Next time, if I am ever to be in Thailand again, I will offer myself for short-time or long-time for a plate of salad.

You certainly don't have to fork out any more Thai baht for my "services"..

Wishful thinking on my part, right?

Song dedication that reflects our emotions when we are stuck in love.

Golden memories from the 1980s..Barbra at her peak..

Guest myskipper

i`ve been all the gogobars in soi twilight and the price is standard 2000 for ST and 3000 for LT. but strange most of the boy rather took 2000 instead of LT, not sure why they wanna go home so badly in the middle of the night since they are out for this business, and what i ask is just to accompany me sleep only during the night time, i love to hold them in my arms. I heard from others mentioning boys more prefer ST than LT, wondering why. anyway, seems the price is standard, and you are lucky if you can bargain the price down,but the fee to the bar is different though.

but strange most of the boy rather took 2000 instead of LT, not sure why they wanna go home so badly in the middle of the night since they are out for this business, and what i ask is just to accompany me sleep only during the night time, I heard from others mentioning boys more prefer ST than LT, wondering why.

They much prefer to sleep with their own boyfriend/ girlfriend than with a customer.

And many boys like clubbing with friends after work drinking,hooking up just like any office workers in the world.

One thing for sure, we don't have a firm idea of prices on Soi Twilight.. Some say 1500 ST, others 2000. I would not be surprised if Dream Boys had a policy of 2000 since the Manager does his own thing and could care less what other Bars do.

Although it has been a year since my last visit I find it hard to believe that all the Bars on Soi Twilight have gone to 2000 ST but of course it is possible.

I'm pretty sure prices have not moved in Pattaya. I'm also pretty sure if I liked to Bar Hop and buy a number of drinks ( which I don't) in the course of an evening as well as off the boy of my dreams, at some point I might realize i am paying 2x as much for my fun in BKK.

Basically in Pattaya if you are not into Vinapu's type then you can see 2 boys every day for what you spend for 1 in BKK. I am suspicious of whether it has really gone to 2000 for all types but for sure drink prices are anywhere from 65% - 100% more expensive in BKK and off fees 25-30% higher. And boys tips are anywhere from 50-100% higher.

Makes you wonder why any short time Sex driven visitors spend time in BKK.

I have lived in BKK and spent a lot of time in Pattaya ( 30 days or less at a time). No comparison for me if I was to move back .to Thailand BKK would be my first choice.

But as a short time visitor interested in Sex , Pattaya wins easily IMHO.

I've been in Bangkok for the last 2 months and been to Soi Twilight on almost every night of those 2 months. 2000 ST is the norm.

You might find an occasional 1500 at Classic or X-Size.

I stay in Bangkok. I have been to Pattaya 1 weekend In the last 5 years. There is nothing there for me.

You can get twice as many boys in Pattaya than Bangkok? What does that mean? What do I care. I'm not interested in what's offered in Pattaya. If I spend 2000 or 3000 or 400 for a drink, why does that matter to anybody but me. If I couldn't afford it I wouldn't be here. I worked 45 long hard years and now I'm going to enjoy myself the best I can and not worry that I can save 500 a night with someone that doesn't interest me.

Makes you wonder why any short time Sex driven visitors spend time in Bangkok?

I do because I love it. It has what I want, when I want and at a price I can afford.

There are plenty of forum members here that love Pattaya and that is fine. I enjoy reading their stories of fun evenings.

But we are all different. To say that a short time visitor interested in sex, Pattaya wins easily. I just couldn't disagree more.

Paul

Read more carefully. You are a long term resident and I clearly stated if I returned for long term I would definitely stay in BKK. Reasons are it is a real place with lots to offer besides boys.

You also mention you are retired. Makes a big difference . Many visitors here will be first time visitors who may have saved a year or two for vacation time and the money for the airfare etc or they may be visitors 2 x a year for short stays. To them making their money go as far as possible is important.

I understand how you feel and have spent a much longer time in BKK .

Plus the proof is in the pudding. Pick any night and count the Gay Westerners in BKK vs. the Gay Westerners in Pattaya. I am pretty sure there will be no comparison. Soi Twilight would not exist any longer without Asian customers.

For many people price does make a difference and they should realize how extreme the difference has become.

And of course there are no Viet Boys in Pattaya for you! Other then that there is nothing available in boys in BKK that are not available in Pattaya with possible exception of Taiwan Type Boys.

I agree with paulsf - what he is saying is : to each his own. Hard to argue with that.

I pay more for a guy from Soi Twilight than soi Tawan, as the Twilight guys have to spend more to make themselves more presentable. They are up on a stage for everyone to see.

I pay more to a one-off guy than I do for a regular, who I see every day. 2000 ST is ok if the guy really performs.

I take no notice of quotes from mama-sans. I'm not having sex with them. The guys are individual contractors and they are the ones who have the right to quote.

For shopping and food, you can't beat Bkk. Siam Paragon, with it's restaurants, shops and gourmet supermarket do it for me during the day.

But for night time sleaze, Pattaya wins hands down. If that's your thing.

I agree to each his own and I have spent hundreds of nights in both.

My post was meant for someone like Lurkerspeaks who I have met . I know how long he has talked about this visit (years ). I know he is careful with his money and I feel bad that since he first started to talk about visiting Thailand ( years ago) the price for a week of fun in BKK has increased by 80% . He is a many time visitor to Brazil where prices now are much less then BKK but closer to Pattaya.

Luckily some people including me don't have to count their pennies but there are some who have a limited budget. It is just fact your money goes a lot further in Pattaya.

It is also a fact BKK has a lot more things to visit and do then Pattaya. Depends what you are looking for.

I pay more for a guy from Soi Twilight than soi Tawan, as the Twilight guys have to spend more to make themselves more presentable. They are up on a stage for everyone to see.

I pay more to a one-off guy than I do for a regular, who I see every day. 2000 ST is ok if the guy really performs.

"make themselves more presentable" but certainly not justifying 500 Baht more (1000 last time I took a boy from Super A versus 1500 last time I took a boy from Soi Twilight or Screwboys, both cases about 2 years ago). And anyway, everything they do to "make themselves more presentable" is rather detrimental.

In 2014-2015, I tried to get boys I had offed from bars to come to my room for 1000 (when I paid them 1500 when I offed them from the bar), with limited success, the problem probably not so much the money than space-time coordination (instead of a sure customer before or after work, but independent travel involved, they rather wait for a new customer who might pick them up at the bar).

Guest myskipper

i always lazy to go Pattaya, always plan to go but never actually take any action on that, hahaha. plus pattaya seems not very "safe" recently with all those police thing, i don`t know whether i can make it or not during my next coming trip in May. My March 7 days trip seems not enough for me at all, haha, oh gosh, I guess no matter how many days, it will always not enough for me at all....haha