Guest lurkerspeaks

Bangkok in November

Guest lurkerspeaks

Another question for you "seasoned" travelors....

This is concerning "off" fees in the clubs of BKK.. I realize that the off fees are not really all that much, but over the course of a week, could add up.. so my question is this..Why don't I hear more about clients meeting up with the boys in the clubs during working hours, and then arrange for the boy to meet up later, either after bar closes or next day in the afternoon, thereby avoiding the off fee? Is this not something that happens? I would much rather give the money directly to the boys as opposed to giving it to the clubs. Not trying to be cheap, but just trying to help those who need it most..

Why don't I hear more about clients meeting up with the boys in the clubs during working hours, and then arrange for the boy to meet up later, either after bar closes or next day in the afternoon, thereby avoiding the off fee? Is this not something that happens? 

it happens  and nothing stops you from doing the same.

If you read my recent travel report you will find two day time meetings and three after hours  long times organized that way.

Keep in mind that boy of your dream boy may be busy during day / work , home chores, needs to go to the gym or simply needs to sleep because his last off was long time / and for the same reasons may not be available after hours, the same like all of us working folks doing our best 9-5 but not keen on overtimes.

Be discreet so boy's boss don't get a wind of it , my two time after hours off  from Copa was actually charged off fee next day  (or so he told me). I reimbursed him of course.

if you use the mobile apps you're likely to get a lot of daytime messages

I will be in town from the 4th to the 8th. Hoping to see the royal crematorium but expect it will be mobbed. Looks like lots of rain and floods this month. Hopefully things will be dried out by then.

Be discreet so boy's boss don't get a wind of it , my two time after hours off  from Copa was actually charged off fee next day  (or so he told me). I reimbursed him of course.

I think he was having you on.

How can a guy be charged an off fee when it's his free time and he is not taken out of the bar?

I think he was having you on.

How can a guy be charged an off fee when it's his free time and he is not taken out of the bar?

possible but impossible to verify so I gave him money / 400, cost of 1 hr massage there /.

I took him straight from Copa massage after end of his shift so it was in plain view of the whole soi.

In the past I had Arena , Bonny's and Bangkok Massage soi Twilight   charging me directly even if I was taking boys out at closing time so his story sounded somewhat credible  , bosses are at times greedy animals

The rule is if you met the boy at the establishment you will be charge off fee even it is after the boy's shift was over. you can avoid it if the boss/mamasn is not aware to this and your hotel is not near the boy's establishment.The main reason that I will never take again a room in boyz town or Sunee plaza is excatly because of that if I meet a boy from one of the bars in this areas and want him for LT or ST not in his working hours I will be charge off fee anyway because you can't conceal it and if you try the boy is in a risk to be fired and/or fined.

The rule is if you met the boy at the establishment you will be charge off fee even it is after the boy's shift was over.......

......charge off fee anyway because you can't conceal it and if you try the boy is in a risk to be fired and/or fined.

I even think that this makes sense , after all we got a boy from estabilishment , not from street somewhere.

buy won't be fired but they may make him paying imputed off fee out of hos tip.

In fairness in need to be said they are not always that greedy,

I mentioned Arena charging me fee for boy taken at closing but on at least 3 if not more occasion they did not charged anything if during day I had massage there, even if with different boy that I was taking home. But I think it's not a rule just beneficial / for me / whim of management.

Why don't I hear more about clients meeting up with the boys in the clubs during working hours, and then arrange for the boy to meet up later, either after bar closes or next day in the afternoon, thereby avoiding the off fee? Is this not something that happens? I would much rather give the money directly to the boys as opposed to giving it to the clubs. Not trying to be cheap, but just trying to help those who need it most..

Meeting boys after work is out of question for me, as I like to be in bed by midnight. Meeting before work works for me with one reliable boy, but you have to consider that many of the boys working in bars have problems with space-time coordination.

I would off a boy from the bar and pay the off fee the first time we meet, and then if sex is good and he makes a good impression (reliable/punctual) arrange further meetings directly.

there may also be an element of standing/prestige/face a boy may gain by bringing a customer to a bar, even if only through off-fee but not drinks as well. In the west we might call this "brownie points" for the boy, but in this culture, standing/prestige/face are of far greater importance than brownie points in western ones. So by paying off-fee boy may not gain financially, but socially in his workplace, which may have the same/similar/greater value to him.

Guest lurkerspeaks

Down to three weeks for departure now.. thank you to the people who have reached out to me about some company during my visit. I will be following up with everyone in the next week or so to arrange contact info..and get any last minute thoughts, suggestions, etc..

Even with the face saving, consider the scenarios:

A:   Boy meets customer after bar is closed, receives tip, does not declare the off and pays no off fee.

B:   Boy meets customer after bar is closed, receives tip, informs the bar and has to pay the 400 baht off fee out of the tip.

C:   Boy meets customer after bar is closed, receives tip, informs the bar, pays off fee and gets this reimbursed from his client.

D:   Boy meets customer after bar is closed, receives tip, does not inform the bar or pay a tip, but uses a hypothetical tip to extract an extra 400 baht from his client.

I think option B is the least likely outcome, as your average bar boy is proficient at extracting money from his client.   

Where the mamasans are extractive money grabbing types, why would the boy volunteer to hand over money ?  

Of course there will be some who prioritize honesty to their client and honesty to the bar ( in the cases where they have received kind help received from the mamasans).   However is this common ?

Then if the boy is paying the 400 baht out of his own pocket, he might learn to keep his mouth shut after a few ocurrences.

C is possible, particularly if he is confident of recovering the money, but I consider D to be even more likely.

Personally, I'm not in the business of meeting boys after the bar has closed, as I would rather pay the off fee and be about ready to sleep when the bar closes.   Also, if I meet the boy in the bar, I'm happy for the bar to earn a crust. 

On the other hand, I suspect some of the host bar boys on Gay Romeo will try to say they have to pay the bar an off fee after meeting the client & pocket the money.

Guest lurkerspeaks

Ok. One week to go. I found someone to meet me for lunch my first day for a little tour and orientation. Still hope to meet up with more posters. Let me know what works for you, be it either bars, gogos, massages, or just touristy stuff like some temples, etc