faranglaw

Trip Report with a bunch of other stuff thrown in.

I don't know how old you are, but maybe you qualified for the priority lane just because of your age? If you are (or looked, after the long flight) 70 or older. ;)

Well! I don't think I've ever actually LOOKED seventy! (But you might have to ask DH)

thanks for a warning but now we know why ChristianPFC likes the place.They used to have hunkier boys in the past though.

we are counting on steady diet of your reports while you are in Thailand.

Well I'm relieved to know Zy got rid of those big fat hunky ones. They probably even had body hair--eww!!

And now for some "other stuff:"

So how was I, a middle class boy from suburban Boston, to know that, if

male, one DOES NOT wear shorts to play bridge at the Polo Club in Bangkok,

even when the temperature is a brisk 92F? I was informed of this halfway

through the game by one of the two dozen or so fifty-ish ladies who run the

club. All two dozen of them are impeccably and expensively dressed. And

very very nice, in that way people who can afford to be nice are very very

nice. They were friendly, and quite welcoming (except about the shorts).

Charming young men served as caddies for a bridge movement I had never seen

before. There were twelve and a half tables, a skip round, and at

unpredictable times my partner and I were East West or North South. They had

Bridge Mates, but no one was quite able to explain to me where I could get

access to the scores.

My partner was a pleasant laid back British bloke. I imagine all people

named Leo overbid, but fortunately this Leo kept it reasonable. The level of

play is quite high. I thought we were doing OK, but we only managed to come

in 14th out of 23 pairs, with a modest 47.9%. It was fun. I especially liked

the little diagonal sandwiches with the crusts cut off. On Sunday I have a

partner, one of the Thai ladies, to play at the British Club. I will arrive,

legs covered, expecting high tea.

The Polo club is quite an oasis in humid smoggy Bangkok, with deep, dark

brown wood and trees everywhere, birds chirping, and of course, the charming

young men and the diagonal sandwiches. I am certain beyond doubt that I was

the only one of the 46 players who arrived at the club on the back of a

motorcycle taxi. Well, maybe Leo did.

But it seems I have walked into a time warp, where bridge is very high

society and run by the nicest women you could ever meet. I think I'm going

to like it.

And back to you know what:

Boys

The Sad and Lonely

Dear Husband and I are staying at our Palace way out in darkest On Nut, seventy sois from civilization, or at least, from a BTS station. The songtaew takes me to Big C On Nut, and then it's a five minute walk to the BTS station, down a street full of food vendors and massage parlors. Most of the massage parlors have young women outside. For some unfathomable reason, one day last year I went into one of them for a good old non-sexual massage. I asked if they had male masseurs. Yes they did. A friendly little guy named A. He looked pretty gay to me, so I thought maybe there's more here than I expected.

There was. It turns out that A loves cock! Quite a lot. So I got another Happy Ending in the Middle and a chance to caress his tight little body. Unfortunately, the rooms are not fully private, as the walls don't quite go up to the ceiling, so our passion had to be done quietly. Not that the straight guy in the next cubicle felt any need for restraint, ecstatically sighing, "That was great!" I guess his masseuse had helped him "release a trigger point," as they say. But A and I are gay and more refined, when we need to be, so we kept a tasteful silence.A was grateful for my courtesy, and filled out the complete hour with some nice shoulder, neck and face work. Much appreciated.

He told me he lives on one of the sois out on On Nut. He is 32, he says, but I look into his face and think, "hmm, maybe older." Poor guy seems to want a farang boyfriend but doesn't seem to have a clue how to find one. He thinks he's too old now, and he may be right. His gentle face has a definite melancholy to it. So many Thai people seem trapped in their work lives, putting in 60 hour weeks with little hope of advancement, meaning also little hope of having time to pursue a quality relationship.

But I've had several massages with A now, and I've always come away happy. So if you like a good massage from a gentle but strong little guy who is slightly fem, check out We Care Massage on Sukhumvit Soi 77/1 just up from On Nut Station.

This BigC is a former Carrefour. There is also a large and often overcrowded TescoLotus other side of main rd and connected to BTS.

This small soi with many massageshops (well remember when it was 100 bt/hr for Thai) is among local Thai well known as also catering for special needs, esp. the ''Takray Howm'' chain.

For more discreet pleasure, ask for oil massage, then you usually get private room and shower in corridor.

Oh, and yes, short pants are for schoolboys and the like. Sit in a bus around 15/16.00 and admire them. This is THailand!

Boys

The Melodramatic -- And A Story Which May Actually be True

I found P on Hornet. Handsome face, nice spiky hair style serious look. So we chatted and bargained for a 1000 baht free lance massage in my favorite part of town, Suan Phlu/Ngam Duphli. We met in front of the vile Malaysia Hotel, because everyone knows where that is. We hopped on a mocy taxi, cozy for three, and sped off to a love hotel on a street I had never seen. I wondered what I had gotten into. Was I going to be mugged? Well, not much loss there if so, as I only brought his fee and the fee he quoted for the love hotel. So we did the quickie two hour love hotel thing, 400 baht plus a 200 baht refundable deposit, which I added as a tip. A room. Not much else.

His massage skills were OK, but needed smoother transitions. His body is not quite firm, but fine for me. I am most attracted to a nice face, handsome or cute. He fit the bill there. Plenty of kissing and good oral skills. Happy Middle, then more massage, Tiger balm smoothed off with aloe vera cream, completing the promised two hours, almost. I was quite happy with P.

We started conversing on LINE. The day after the massage, he told me his grandmother died that very day and he had to go to Nakon Nayok for the funeral. OMG, the oldest line in the book! He said he wasn't sure he had the money to go. Well, honey, the bus to Nakon Nayok costs 65 baht and I just gave you 1200 yesterday, so I wasn't taking that hint. But he did go off somewhere, it seems, and sent photos of a funeral pyre loaded with flowers and photos of a woman who looked the right age. Then he confided that both his parents had died when he was three. This grandmother who died, assuming she actually existed outside his imagination, brought him up. She told him his parents were on their way to the disco (with a three year old at home?) and died in an accident. I hope this is an invented story but I think it's likely true. If so, this is a level of childhood trauma I wouldn't want to contemplate.

And he does seem quite needy. His LINE messages are full of bears hugging and comforting cutesy rabbits, hearts and stars and I Love You. Way to chase this farang away! I keep telling him I'm married. Down boy, I'm a cat person. Cool wins with me, not all that sloppy eager doggy stuff.

I don't know if I will see P again, but he is quite a handsome young man and very kissable, so maybe. But I don't much like the idea of getting drawn into his unresolved drama. There are so many fish in the LOS sea.

I don't know if I will see P again, but he is quite a handsome young man and very kissable, so maybe. But I don't much like the idea of getting drawn into his unresolved drama. There are so many fish in the LOS sea.

In my first trip to Thailand my tour guide on the last day gave me a moving story of him suffering from diabetes and having to inject insulin, and my bleeding hart didn't hesitate to give him a 1000 baht tip. Since then my heart has calmed down and if I am drawn to compassion by some guy I pray for him instead of giving money, unless the reason for compassion is very clear.

that's our problem , after hearing so many sob stories we tend to become jaded and dismiss them as fake all the time but in fact boys,  like everybody else have their dramas.

Year ago BBB boy I always off long time told me he can stay past 1 a.m because he need to drive his bar friend to his mother funeral in Buriram. I thought it was just an excuse for not staying till morning but next evening mamasan actually confirmed that was a case.  

Bang Saen

Bang Saen, the beach town everyone passes by on the way to Pattaya. The beach is not bad but nothing to send post cards to Mom about. Bang Saen is the beach town for lower and middle class Thais who rush down from Bangkok for the weekend. It's about an hour and a half drive from the City of Angels. It is definitely considered low class. DH's family wouldn't think of spending time here, even though DH graduated from the local university, Burapha.

I would not care for the "lower and middle class", for the lack of teeth, the scraping of the door, the leaky toilet. But the idea of the ocean itself being wall-to-wall filled with Asian humanity is exciting.  If only 1% of this humanity is likable, this means a lot of nice bodies. What worries is your description of boys as hornets that buzz but never land.  Let's see what you write about that.

Great reports, looking forward for more!

Zy (former Lomchoey) is indeed a bit (very?) run-down, and rather expensive at 500 THB for 1 hour oil massage, when you can get the same, but with hot water for shower (the luxury!) in Silom for the same price or even cheaper.

I have spent a bit of time in Bang Saen, and estimate then number of beach chairs to 20,000 (from multiplying number of rows and columns and blocks). Around 2012 when I was active on camfrog, there were a lot of boys from Burapha university. There must be some potential, from university or visitors!

reading  your Hornet adventure I understand evem better why I like to go to a massage or bar, see what I'm buying without asking any questions other that " how much you want ?"

Yes. And DH has reached the same conclusion. I have too really, but I find this little study fascinating. Plus I haven't posted yet about the next day!

It's getting better and better! Keep it coming!

"The hornets buzzed but did not land. Maybe it's me. Did I say the wrong thing?"

It's not you, it's them. You didn't say anything wrong.

Mirrors my experiences elsewhere; I have been through too much of this crap and would have labelled them differently: the time waster, the scammer, the retard, and the idiot.