BigTopMe

Moving to Bangkok in 2019

Guys,

I am seriously thinking of  moving Bangkok from the states at the end of the year.

(I am going to get an ELITE visa)

I want to rent a nice place and have 2 beautiful bottom Thai houseboys

I've been to Thailand a few times I know what I'm in for 

How much money will I need a month, minimally?

and is there anything you can enlighten me with before I move 6 months from now?

Thanks in Advance

It all depends on the lifestyle you envisage.

It sounds like you know Thailand so you should spend a few hours researching on the internet.

Some ideas to start you off:

Condo rent

Services for Condo

Do you want a car

Running costs for car

Salary for 2 beautiful Thai guys (hope they are not jealous) - remember they will probably also expect gifts if they are providing extra services.

Medical policy

Other regular medication

Food - how often do you want to eat Western food

Holidays

Restaurant meals and entertainment - high end or on the street

etc etc

When you have your list, if you will be transferring money monthly, add 25% for potential adverse currency fluctuations.

2 bottom Thai houseboys

living with you at the same time isn't a good idea the jealousy between them will probaly kill the fun ,it's better to keep one boy as open relationship 'boyfreind' and have short time fun with other boys .

Jealousy usually based on treating the boys different financially.  If that is fair, both both can be happy with the situation. 

lol I don't want a car I don't drive I'm a NYer

I have a Thai friend who will help me out with getting and apartment

How much will a boy cost per month? Maybe one boy will be best

I workout out every day so I wanna eat a high protein diet I don't care if its western or not

I want to live in Silom but I will live in a close by place too and I can take the train

TO be clear I want to spend $1300 per month id that possible, it is possible right?

Guest DThump

I doubt you are for real if you might actually be you will need a 2 bedroom apartment which in a nice building in Silom for 1300 U.S. per month is also very doubtful as for payment for a full time boy expect no less than 15,000 per month or 500 baht per day and you also pay all the incidentals such as food, cloths, entertainment, travel etc. goodluck with your fantacy.

Guest abang1961

Don't call me a KILL-JOY.

The lure of Silom is strictly for tourists.

You certainly don't want the noise and filth once you are a semi-permanent resident.

What you see as a short-time tourist is NOT the same as someone who wants to live modestly in Bangkok.

As for your budget, I would actually like to recommend Lumpini/Sathorn where life is slower, the air is slightly cleaner and the best part, it is still within an acceptable walking distance from Silom.  Lumpini Park is a green oasis in the city.  If you are an early riser like me, join in the Taiqi session at the clock tower at 7.15 am daily.  

You could otherwise, brisk walk 2 big rounds within the park while enjoying the sights of guys in short shorts - think of Under Armour shirts and tights!  Yum-yum.

rw0116-rtw-02-970-1470342748.jpg?resize=

After your walk, you could leisure sashay to the open gym if you are into more muscular men. kachalka.jpgIf not, the nearby food center within the park is the perfect excuse to have soya bean milk with fried fritters.   

Beleive me, the bright lights in Silom would not augur well when the excitement of nightlife frizzles off.   When you no longer make daily trips to Soi Twilight like a free-spending tourist, you want to take a more sedentary lifestyle.

I love the Silom/Surawong area. I wouldn’t stay anywhere else. But it is true you will be hard pressed to find a decent two bedroom apartment along with all your other expenses within your budget. Maybe other side of river on BTS line.

But if your going to get Thai retirement visa, your going to need to meet income requirements. About $2000 per month or $25000 in a bank account. So you have a lot of research to do.

But if your going to get Thai retirement visa, your going to need to meet income requirements. About $2000 per month or $25000 in a bank account. So you have a lot of research to do.

OP wrote he is going to get an Elite Visa.

It costs 500,000 Baht for 5 years - 2 Million Bahts for 20 years.

So I assume he is under 50 years old since Elite Visa is only a realistic option for people under 50yo and want to retire in Thailand.

http://www.thai-elite.com/programs.html

If anyone interested, there is an Elite Visa programme office in Suvernabhumi airport after immigration & baggage, before you go through custom.

The most important advice I can give is ti try out the arrangement for 6/12 months in a rented apartment before selling-up.  Our experiences on holidays- mindset, interests, finance- are very different to those of an ex-pat. And if you were to make a mistake, how easy would it be to pick up the pieces back home?

Guest DThump

Based on the purchase of an ( over priced) elite visa and then suggesting a spend of only 1300 dollars a month to live in Silom I just automatically that the OP was either joking, trolling or just having a bit of a Water Mitty style la la land "oh if only I could" moment more just perhaps ?

Agreed! He successfully trolled quite a few members.

Guest abang1961

I believe we would like to give the benefit of the doubt whenever someone asks a question.

Having read all the comments and assuming our OP is serious about moving to Thailand, I think he will probably live like a pauper as his budget is rather minimal.  

Let's do some simple addition

Rent - THB 25 000 (for a standard unit with a mini kitchenette and not a mickey-mouse unit)

Food - THB 10000 (if he cooks and dines out sparingly)

Company - THB 15000 per Thai = THB 30 000 for two

------

Just for this basic package, he needs to fork out THB 65 000 or roughly USD 2000 a month.

All other expenses - beer, medical, laundry, transport, entertainment (movies, bars and bowling etc) have not been included.

Of course, there is cheaper accommodation available but ..would you want to lower your living standards?

With $ 1300/month the OP can manage roughly at Pattaya where the living cost and accommodation are much cheaper than BKK and it's only 2 hours drive from BKK and this is without the Thai boy cost this day it will be very difficult to

Find any boy less than 15K per month not including his basic needs that can easily cost another 15K per month so the minimum including the boy is not less than $2000 at Pattaya and $3000 at BKK.

Guest abang1961

Yes, I stayed with a Dutch farang at Viewtalay, Jomtien in South Pattaya last October.

It was a studio unit - with a big bed ensuite, a small kitchenette and, a dining table.

The view from the verandah was spectacular at sunrise and sunset.

Can anyone dish out the amount to pay for such a unit?

** Self-indulgence

I'm not a money boy but if some forum users need a companion, I can hop on the next flight.

The Dutchie and I took time in the morning for strolls around Dongtan before we had breakfast.

Then we took the baht bus to the Tuk Com area for the street markets and TOPS/Friendship supermarket every 2nd day.

We returned and prepared lunch together.

I am a good cook and fed that man well.

We rested for an hour - not necessarily in bed but we spent time reading our books in different spots within that tiny space.

Next, we hit the pool.  I am such an exhibitionist and he enjoyed taking photos on his mobile of me resting on the deck or jumping into the pool in my rather revealing trunks.  We took some more underwater (very seductive) photos underwater with my Go-Pro.  This was followed by another rest in the room (sometimes we did the naughty things - more towels!)

I prepared dinner - usually more elaborated than lunch and we shared a bottle of wine together.  A movie DVD followed before we cuddled in for the night.  No, there was no obligatory trips to the bars and clubs while we were seeing each other there.

This is that sort of life one can expect if you find a boyfriend sort of guy if you want to stay in Thailand on a longer basis.

Sex is necessary but not the prime factor here.  Companionship is.  Of course, with me, we shared all expenses right down the middle... no if, no buts (except mine)

So, OP, please be prepared to be a living, walking, talking living doll (so Cliff Richards of the 60s)... no, I meant a living, walking, talking ATM...if you are looking to pamper yourself and 2 bottom locals... All the best and enjoy the fun..

LOL some of you guys are so harsh for no reason.

I don't have to live in Silom I could live close by the Lumpini area is nice

and I am very serious that why I am here asking for advise

I do think I am going to come and stay for 80 days before I make the big jump just to be sure

I have saved 150k (not including the Elite Visa cost)  and i don't want to stay in BKK forever just for 2 or 3 years

but I would like to still have 100k when I decide to come home.

I appreciate all the non bitchy input 

I wanted to respond to you guys individually but I don't see a button that would allow me to do so

Thx

Guest abang1961

No one is better than others here.

We are here because we seriously want to paint both sides of the story.

OP thanks for raising the matter here and thanks to everyone who contributed constructive ideas.

It is OP's own prerogative what he wants to do as we are not him.

OP please ignore that Dthump... he is nothing but a sore loser.

His comments, regardless of what, are always dampers.

There is no need to get angry with someone with that mentality and mental state.

Viva la Thailand.

If you want to live comfortably with thai boy in Thailand you do need at least $25K per year, your saving will allowed you to be in Thailand not more than 6 years and after that what you'll do once the money finished?

If you don't have steady pension I think it's not a good idea what you're planning to do .

If you want to live comfortably with thai boy in Thailand you do need at least $25K per year, your saving will allowed you to be in Thailand not more than 6 years and after that what you'll do once the money finished?

If you don't have steady pension I think it's not a good idea what you're planning to do .

1 The currency in Thailand is the baht. Anyone planning to retire to Thailand should budget in baht. Then do the calculations allowing for at least +/- 30% movement in exchange rates over 10 years. 50% would be better.

2 A steady pension is not the only solution. A large lump sum is in some respects better, as it can be invested anywhere to reduce exchange rate risk.

Guest DThump

Greetings to everyone. I read with great interest. a question. What kind of Thai guys can be interested in this?

Franco

Hungry ones.