mgb

Bangkok's suburb gay scene?

It'si my fifth visit to Bangkok and frankly i feel a little bit too much of the city gay scene.

Are there any places near Bangkok i can visit and "explore" gay scene there? Max for 2 hour travel by bus or train pls. 
I plan to spend one day to visit Suk Ta Bridge (quite a distance from BTS Kheha) so any gay scene around that area?

3 hours ago, mgb said:

It'si my fifth visit to Bangkok and frankly i feel a little bit too much of the city gay scene.

I agree with Vinapu it's time you try Pattaya less than 2 hours drive from Bangkok , plenty of affordable accommodation and 3 main gay zones : Boyz Town,Sunee Plaza and Jomtien Complex.

Agreed. The "feel" of Pattaya is very different to that of Bangkok, though perhaps this is not as marked as it was twenty years ago. Even the guys you meet  are different-  Lao and Cambodian rather than Vietnamese, for instance, and a higher proportion of twinks. And the falangs? more of them are on extended holidays rather than short stays. It is very different!

I found it strange that the OP, with 50 posts on here, hunting for a Thai gay "scene", having previously been to BKK 5 times hadn't yet heard of Pattaya.

You are all most kind in that suggestion, but a quick review of his prior posts indicates he's very well aware of that particular coastal moneyboy haven.

And he probably should have indicated such.    

3 hours ago, bucky13 said:

I found it strange that the OP, with 50 posts on here, hunting for a Thai gay "scene", having previously been to BKK 5 times hadn't yet heard of Pattaya.

for sure he heard but sometimes we need  some encouragement to go somewhere , even if well known.

Look at me , I like muscle guys but it was only 8th trip when I went to Tawan. And the 9th when I went to Pattaya for  a first time. In 20 visits I still did not cross DJ Station, GOD nor Babylon doors and still feel uneasy going to soi 4. On another hand I know few Pattaya regulars who  visited  Bangkok scene  last time during Clinton presidency before Lewinsky hotel in Pattayaland got it's present name.

And whithin the radius you mention, this is also about the one and only place recognised to have a (indeed quite lively) gay scene. On the other side of the waters, HuaHin might qualify, but its a litle over the 2 hr tr.time.

had to look where that Suk Tha would be (Tha=pier, but may also mean other things in Thai), and (as i think to know BKK pretty well) its of course not INside BKK, but in/near bang Phu (=crab village),  in Samut Prakarn provine (also known as Pak nam) which is since the latest extension of BTS not that far from the outer end there. Buses have gone-songhthaew or taximeter or maybe a van for last end, beyond ''little Thailand'' and also (offside) the croc-farm, both main goal for large tourist coaches. Just for short, as about anywhere in ''rural'' TH by now: the ''scene'' is on various apps on the Mobuy, as every Thai has on average 1,8 of such things. read the blog of christianpfc for an enormous long list of tips and experiences with that to gain contacts with willing young Thai men.

10 hours ago, pong said:

And whithin the radius you mention, this is also about the one and only place recognised to have a (indeed quite lively) gay scene. On the other side of the waters, HuaHin might qualify, but its a litle over the 2 hr tr.time.

The gay scene in Hua Hin wasn't particularly lively when I visited a few years ago.   There were just 2 gay bars, one with tiny premises and the other of normal size.   One had 3 Thai hosts and another had 3~4 boys.    No other gay businesses open.

On 10/31/2019 at 3:12 AM, vinapu said:

In 20 visits I still did not cross DJ Station, GOD nor Babylon doors and still feel uneasy going to soi 4. On

Wow exactly as me I though I am the only one whom never visited the clubs in Patpong ,never went to Saunas and still feel uneasy once I am in Soi 4 ,I attribute this to my extremely shy and reserved personality .

5 hours ago, Boy69 said:

Wow exactly as me I though I am the only one whom never visited the clubs in Patpong ,never went to Saunas and still feel uneasy once I am in Soi 4 ,I attribute this to my extremely shy and reserved personality .

I'm neither shy nor reserved, just don't like crowds I guess, why I don't like soi 4 I don't have an idea but I don't like it still although now with Jupiter and Banana is at least some reason to visit

OMG, i should have known you all such helpful guys. Just finished my trip to Thailand and now in Vietnam for few days.

Of course, i knew Pattaya and went there several times and as usual, it's a great place for fun and relax. But to be honest, after some trips to Thailand ("Thailand" herein is inclusive word referring to most of big touristy cities in Thailand :lol::lol::lol:) , i feel i little much of commercial gay activities. Pubs, gogo bars, take boys to hotel and have fun..., all do great to me but more and more, i want to see more local gay things (assume that local gay life differs from what they show to tourists).

Just visited Phahol Yothin theatre near Saphan Khwai =))) last Thursday and you know what, so muchhhh fun in there  =))). One guy did cum-control to me and Jesus, that was my best 20 minutes ever in my life =))

6 hours ago, mgb said:

OMG, i should have known you all such helpful guys. Just finished my trip to Thailand and now in Vietnam for few days.

Of course, i knew Pattaya and went there several times and as usual, it's a great place for fun and relax. But to be honest, after some trips to Thailand ("Thailand" herein is inclusive word referring to most of big touristy cities in Thailand :lol::lol::lol:) , i feel i little much of commercial gay activities. Pubs, gogo bars, take boys to hotel and have fun..., all do great to me but more and more, i want to see more local gay things (assume that local gay life differs from what they show to tourists).

Just visited Phahol Yothin theatre near Saphan Khwai =))) last Thursday and you know what, so muchhhh fun in there  =))). One guy did cum-control to me and Jesus, that was my best 20 minutes ever in my life =))

What’s the crowd like at the Phahol Yothin theatre at Saphan Khwai? What will be a good time to visit?

17 hours ago, mgb said:

Amazing Thailand!  I can hardly believe this scene is still alive. I had a taste of it over 20 years ago when I was introduced by an acquaintance (reluctantly, as I recall) to one such cinema -- can't rememeber the name now. The screening hall was shabby with a distinct odour in the air. People were constantly changing seats (with the purpose of you-know-what), but most of all I remember a glimpse of the disgusting toilet where fullblown activities took place. 

I fled the premises within 10 or 15 minutes. Me, who normally can plumb great depths of debauchery.