spoon

Belated Trip Report end of Aug-early September 2019

On 11/22/2019 at 1:04 PM, vinapu said:

You are not a first to report rude behavior of mamasan at Arena recently , Goldmember was sure  he sweared at him for not picking up anybody.

I'm worried as Arena is great place and it won't be good if it's reputation would be ruined by  such behavior.

On 11/22/2019 at 4:57 PM, reader said:

A mamsan like that is a control freak. They can damage a venue’s reputation that can be difficult to repair in the near term. 

15 hours ago, vinapu said:

you are right and I'm bit surprised because we both know each other from old Hero and he was not behaving like that there.

When I went to Arena on my last day on the trip mentioned above he was friendly and polite  but surprised me with asking for  a tip  minute or two after I opened door which I found strange. I gave him reddie for old times sake but only when i was leaving 1.5 hr later

I just hope it wont deter any of us here to go to arena. Like i said, we go there for the boys, not the mamasan. Both times i go there, both boys i picked delivers beyond my expectation. And it is totally up to us to tip mamasan or not. I didnt had the opportunity to experience old hero, so cant say if his behaviour changed or not. 

6 hours ago, spoon said:

. As we are getting ready to head to the bar, I saw Vinapu leaving a tip to a guy next to us, and saw the perplexed face of the guy, who clearly shocked and embarrassed, as Vinapu thought he is MB, but his expression suggested otherwise.....................

Vinapu regular Oud came to sit with him when he noticed vinapu sitting near the stage. As i later found out, Vinapu didnt off him this trip, but did off him on his subsequent trip a month later. He also noticed me who off him two days ago.......  

....we walked passed banana bar and grabber there told us show is on going..................... 

.......and left the heavy duty stuff in the morning........

... A is a bit sick actually................... I really admire his work ethic. He stays with me until breakfast, which we took a bit late, around 10am or so. I'm definitely going to miss him, and as i write this, and went through the pics, i definitely miss him now.

big thank you again for bringing back memories of that evening

Good you mentioned that story from bar as to  this day I'm not sure I acted as an asshole or actually did the right thing. Readers comments welcomed  no matter how they harsh will be.

Guy was extremely attractive. Looking at him from distance of 1 meter was pure undiluted pleasure and my gut told me that he is there for a purpose, not necessarily MB  but did not come there just to have a beer  either so on our departure decided to reward him just for aesthetics. I did not read his reaction as shocked and embarrassed  but certainly he was surprised. Perhaps you guys noticed something I did not having hazy eyes, LOL But he shook my hand and took  a tip so I stand my ground.

I must also comment on Oud , A and general boy's discretion. Both guys  knew that Spoon and me  know each other but never ever they commented on anything. In fact if Spoon did not tell me that he offed Oud few days before I'd never know it . And only way I knew A went with Spoon was because I saw them tucked under my umbrella. I noticed the same discretion in other cases when boys were aware that I know other guy who offed them in the past him and never mused anything like " I know your friend,  I met him last month / year / night" . I know that this is how it is supposed to be  but still I'm impressed.

Also I don't recall case when they were aware  I offed  somebody from their bar or had massage with guy from their venue and they would be asking ' how was it?". So when comes to discretion it  looks with Thai guys we are in very good hands

as for grabber at Banana on 4  it needs to be mentioned that he is wasting his skills on the soi level and should be on the stage as he is very well built , friendly and attractive looking , at least for my eyes

heavy stuff ? what you guys were doing ? moving furniture?

Can't stop myself from confirming your praises of A's work ethics, no drama, no excuses, no lies. If he makes commitment he sticks to it no matter what. Coming literally few minutes late to Tarnatwan  because of traffic , he apologized three times. Never moved to suggest he wants to leave  if I did not make a motion. Yes he charges but as far as business goes it's 125% dependable, big thing for people like me whose blood pressure goes to 200/120 as soon as even best guy asks  ' can I go now".

Bid secret to me is if he worked at Jupiter before how he managed not to get spoiled there where I had guys promising say 2 hrs and asking to go after 40 minutes with palm stretched for taxi money.

So Spoon , sleep well knowing that you not only one to miss A

12 hours ago, vinapu said:

Can't stop myself from confirming your praises of A's work ethics, no drama, no excuses, no lies. If he makes commitment he sticks to it no matter what. Coming literally few minutes late to Tarnatwan  because of traffic , he apologized three times. Never moved to suggest he wants to leave  if I did not make a motion. Yes he charges but as far as business goes it's 125% dependable, big thing for people like me whose blood pressure goes to 200/120 as soon as even best guy asks  ' can I go now".

Bid secret to me is if he worked at Jupiter before how he managed not to get spoiled there where I had guys promising say 2 hrs and asking to go after 40 minutes with palm stretched for taxi money.

So Spoon , sleep well knowing that you not only one to miss A

Worth to mention that he told me he didnt work long in jupiter before he got sponsored and off the scene for 2.5 years. Hence he said he didnt have many regulars yet even after working back for 2month of so. But other than our advise to him to smile more on stage, i doubt he will have any issue to get customers as well as maintaining them to become regular with his good work ethic. My worry is he might be taken off the scene again before my next visit lol

12 hours ago, vinapu said:

big thank you again for bringing back memories of that evening

Good you mentioned that story from bar as to  this day I'm not sure I acted as an asshole or actually did the right thing. Readers comments welcomed  no matter how they harsh will be.

Guy was extremely attractive. Looking at him from distance of 1 meter was pure undiluted pleasure and my gut told me that he is there for a purpose, not necessarily MB  but did not come there just to have a beer  either so on our departure decided to reward him just for aesthetics. I did not read his reaction as shocked and embarrassed  but certainly he was surprised. Perhaps you guys noticed something I did not having hazy eyes, LOL But he shook my hand and took  a tip so I stand my ground.

as for grabber at Banana on 4  it needs to be mentioned that he is wasting his skills on the soi level and should be on the stage as he is very well built , friendly and attractive looking , at least for my eyes

I actually think eventhough he is embarressed, he looks gay and probably didnt take offense. In fact he probably felt flattered because u expressed interest at him, with money too lol. He is sitting in a gay soi of patpong red light district so i dont think you went overboard even if its just misunderstanding.

I also have a confession to make. The banana grabber, is actually the grabber featured in my christmas/new year visit, who i thought is the bandana man that had been mentioned few times by forumer here lol. Yes, he looks good for his age, will fit right in tawan for all i care. 

On 12 November 2019 at 11:24 AM, spoon said:

I know ive been very late in doing this report. Part of it has been reported by @vinapu and @ggobkk from their point of view. I can give several excuses why this report took so long but in short, its partly lazy, partly busy. My trip were from 29aug (thursday) until 3rd of September(Tuesday) 2019 that gives me 6 days 5 night of exploring. It was during my country's national day as well as new year celebration so i only need to apply few more days of leaves. 

It was an impromptu trip, driven both by my desire to visit LoS during low season (last visit was early of the year) and fueled by my desire to meet fellow forumer Vinapu. One day, few weeks before my travel, he PMed me that he is coming and shared with me the dates of his travel, and i checked my calendar and plane ticket, and to my surprise, flight price was very reasonable despite of the 4 day weekend holiday. So without delay, i booked my ticket after confirming that the hotel i want to stay (Raya grand deluxe) also available for the dates and priced reasonably as well. Took me about a day to decide and booked both flight ticket and hotel on 21st Aug, merely 8 days before my travel. 

Not long after, me and Vinapu started to plan our meeting and bought tickets to mahanakhon online as well. He arrived to LoS much earlier and leave later than me though, but we managed to set at least 2 days where we both will be in bangkok to explore the scene and throwing wads of red notes lol. I also started to ask few more members who ive been talking to before to see a possibility of meeting them and ggobkk changed of plan from his supposed trip means he is also in bkk at the same time i am, so another meeting were arranged, one with me and him and another including vinapu as well. 

I started to plan the lists of things i wanted to do to fill my 5 nights in LoS. After the demise of twilight, my top priority is to see the new venues and new bars location and shows. That includes dreamboys, lucky boys, hotmale, fresh boys, bangkok massage, banana on soi 4. At the same time, as fan of muscular manly guys, moonlight and jupiter is a must visit for me, and id love to visit tawan with a tawan veteran vinapu too, and of course the seedy trio bars near tawan (golden cock, nature boy, Super A) and of course on the first night, arriving a bit late, catching the late night show at screwboys. Then i realize basically i just list all the bars in silom lol. It is very ambitious to visit all of them in 5 nights but its hard to decide now which one to miss hehe. 

Next was budget. My previous trips, i had been very strict with the cash i bring, and turns out ive always short of cash and have to exchange money or withdraw more cash from ATM. Not that im complaining because all those money are all money well spent. But this time around, since its only for 5 night, and having been to thailand few times already, I should be able to predict my spending more accurately. And taking a bit of work knowledge in practice, I had 3 budget scenarios (minimum, mean, maximum) and bring the average budget amount in cash with me. I have simple excel sheet listing my spending and even compared it with the actual spending and i did fairly well (between mean and max). 

@spoon, I hope I can also meet u in person...just like with @vinapu!!! :) 

6 hours ago, ggobkk said:

Thanks, Spoon for your report and for spending time with me...hope to meet up again.

Thanks for meeting with me too. I can see boys, waiters and mamasan alike love tand respect you especially in hotmale outside bar hehe. Hope we will meet again in the future

6 hours ago, 12is12 said:

Thx Spoon for all your reports and insights.

Happy for you that you are soooooo happy with the visit.

(-:

You are welcome! Im glad it turns out great. Low season might play a part on this success, not that my previous trips was bad, but this one takes the cake.

20 hours ago, spoon said:

Its my first trip in august/sept low season time....................

I tried to reach Z through his line and told them Ill leave the umbrella at the reception and they can come pick it up anytime at their convenience.

It was great to meet you, . ggobkk and jimbillp and I'm glad you were part of one of my best trips to Thailand ever.

Our trip with boys to Mahanakhon was truly epic and for me highlight not only that trip but also whole year. 

Yes, we picked that umbrella later that day and in October A was able to use it again when we walked and rain caught with us

4 hours ago, GWMinUS said:

So did I miss your Meeting with one of the Models from Moonlight??

The one you asked the Mamasan to set up for you...

I didnt off any model from moonlight, maybe u got mixed up with numazu? Hehe. While i am totally hopelessly fond with nut, and boss (who isnt there anymore?!), Id probably go with them if there isnt a cheaper/better option that night hehe. Since A was there when i visit, no further needs to assess the model for possible off. 

The one i actually asked mamasan to set up the next day was the dancer from jupiter, who were already offed the day i went to jupiter.