Cheshirecat

Is a mb always a mb

Noyes, can do. Its more there are plenty of different types of MB and also many are part-time. A populair and in fact by many much liked type is the follow-up of many short-time friendhsip-like relations (or 2). Many a book has been written on this (many more about str8 ditto) and mention specifically TH as having the ultra-thin distinction between ´love ´and ´paid s..x´. Or, to pass on a well-known former bar-owner in the PTY: IF you want love here in TH, buy it!

On 3/22/2020 at 6:40 PM, Cheshirecat said:

Is a mb always a mb even if he says no lives alone but always travelling 

From my experience MB is always MB ,he can try to sell you stories how much he loves you and some fools can fall to this trap and convince themselves that " but my boy is different" but actually the boy loves your wallet.

Boy69's post made me think. In our sixteen year relationship, P has only told me he loves me about twice. Many years ago, I once asked him why. After all, I  often say that I love him. At this he smiled and then became coy. And then he said words to the effect that "it's not the Thai way to say it. You know what what's in my heart." I no longer expect it.  

11 hours ago, Londoner said:

Boy69's post made me think. In our sixteen year relationship, P has only told me he loves me about twice. Many years ago, I once asked him why. After all, I  often say that I love him. At this he smiled and then became coy. And then he said words to the effect that "it's not the Thai way to say it. You know what what's in my heart." I no longer expect it.  

This reticence to verbally express love may be true of Pee and his generation or his own familial background but I wouldn't say it's true of all Thais.  My friends are very generous with their verbal outpourings of love during anniversaries, Valentine's Day, special occasions, when they're drunk, when they're trying to make up after a big argument or for no reason other than to express genuine affection.  I'm sure it's been said more than a few times during climax too! I see verbal expressions of love on social media, in movies, TV dramas, classical and contemporary literature, hear it in plenty of Thai songs, poetry, etc.  

From the formal phom rak khun to the more  colloquial chan rak ter, Thais are not shy of saying those universal words I love you.

On 3/23/2020 at 9:27 PM, pong said:

Many a book has been written on this (many more about str8 ditto) and mention specifically TH as having the ultra-thin distinction between ´love ´and ´paid s..x´. 

I think you need to flesh this out and explain it with greater nuance.

For those who provide sex and/or companionship in return for monetary consideration or financial support, then love is not the main issue.  But that doesn't mean that genuine affection or "like" can't be felt between the parties involved.

For those who do not exclusively seek financial compensation, love and attraction is definitely the main draw, and a distinction could easily be made from commercial sex.

It's good to talk about love sometimes. I know that I'm not the only one on this forum who is in a relationship and, at this difficult time, is finding it particularly hard to be so far away. 

And so, here's my contribution.

One idiom that P always appreciates....come to think of it, it's about the only time I'm allowed to use my execrable Thai....is "Rak khun tao fah".  I love you like the sky.  Try it on your boyfriends. I find that it always brings a smile.

You did enough for him as you said on your own words his life is his and yours his yours he has to take responsibility for his life and he must find a solution by himself, Vietnamese boy that had been with me almost 2 weeks in Thailand and I paid him generously for his services (more than agreed in advance) contact me today and asked me for money  because he doesn't have any work at the moment in Vietnam I declined because of the Corrona virus the situation in my country is bad too more over I don't think I have to take a responsebility for a boy who I met only once and apart from  MB-client relationship there wasn't anything more than that between us, I fall in love with his body and he for my wallet .no more no less.

I also had my first request for money related to the Covid outbreak yesterday.  

This was someone I met twice last month, short time in both cases.   I've not yet sent anything and am unlikely to do so, for the same reasons as explained by Boy69.   

If I've met someone 1~2 times, on a purely commercial basis, does this make me responsible for their ongoing welfare ?

There are a couple of others who I have seen on multiple occasions, who might make me think slightly more carefully, if the request comes in.    

However, even here, the money might not be spent as I would like..  One has an uncle who apparently helps himself to his money.    I told him that if a relative was taking my money, I would never speak to that relative again.  Plus various other advice, like opening a bank account, saving 50% of what you earn etc.   Sending money there is probably wasted.

Also, the request I received was via Line.  

My current policy is to have two accounts on Grindr, Hornet etc, one for when travelling and a different one one for when back home.   I originally started this, as there is wierdo with fake profiles living about a mile away.   I don't want people like that tracking what I do and where I go.   Also, it saves me editing all the text and so on when returning home.

There's a possible additional advantage.  I'm going to miss any incoming begging messages on Grindr etc and the profile will show I've been off line for a month.     Very few have the Line account and it's mostly those who I have seen several times.