TotallyOz

Gay Guides - New Look and Feel Coming

We are moving beyond the dual login program with a front end and back end site. It will be single login but no profiles on front end. The log in for the forum will be the "master" log in and you can log in to review businesses, etc. It is a slow moving machine. But, here is a taste of what was once Gay Thailand and now Gay Guides. The link is to the gay Bangkok city but click the top to see other areas.

https://www.gayguides.com/wp/gay-bangkok-gay-thailand/

The new layout looks great. One question. How will the info be compiled and then updated? If I recall correctly the free gay magazines that used to be so readily available and have since ceased publication were criticised for inaccurate info (their map locations for example). I especially recall there was one which continued to list a nice little restaurant near Malaysia Hotel in Bangkok called I think O Ho at least 4 years after it closed.

Then, how much gay activity is required in each city before it merits inclusion? As the Minister of Culture keeps reminding us Thailand itself offers so much to the general visitor - sun, beaches, temples, culture etc. - and much of that will be of interest to gays. So there is lots of local info that can be inckuded. But as for gay activity we know from reports that virtually everything outside Bangkok and Pattaya is dying. The gay-in-chiangmai website lists about 55 gay establishments that have closed in recent years and not been replaced. About 18 months ago I took a visiting friend around the small cluster of small gay bars now relocated between the night market and the river. His comments were far from complimentary.

Just thoughts which I hope may be useful.

5 hours ago, PeterRS said:

How will the info be compiled and then updated?

I'll be putting it on but anyone can add a venue. And, if something is there that is closed, all a visitor has to do is report it and it is checked out and if accurate, it is removed. We used this listing software just for this reason.

Looks good to me.     Nice to see a "remember me" option in the login.

My login did not work.    I presume this is as expected since it's a trial site, but am flagging that up just in case the presumption is incorrect.

GGlogin.JPG

23 hours ago, z909 said:

Looks good to me.     Nice to see a "remember me" option in the login.

My login did not work.    I presume this is as expected since it's a trial site, but am flagging that up just in case the presumption is incorrect.

GGlogin.JPG

14 hours ago, ggobkk said:

Thanks Michael. I only hope I remember my login...it’s been a while since I used it as I log in automatically 

11 hours ago, Jasper said:

My login did not work so I re-registered with new username.

You won't need to use that log in information you all are trying to use. That is not the system.

If you go to the bottom of that homepage, you will see a little blue button called Forum. You click it and are logged into the site for reviews. No need to create any new logins, etc. as all is part of the forum.

16 minutes ago, 10tazione said:

What do you mean? I know my login + pw, what else do I need?
Currently I use this link as entry point - will it still work?

https://www.gayguides.com/forums/discover/unread/

It should. The forums are not changing at all. However, I'd always suggest bookmarking the main site: gayguides.com  or gayguides.com/forums/

2 hours ago, Michael said:

It should. The forums are not changing at all. However, I'd always suggest bookmarking the main site: gayguides.com  or gayguides.com/forums/

Like 10tazione, my preference was to bookmark the "unread" comments folder, if it's possible to login directly to that page.

Despite that, I still like the current folder structure, as if anyone ever wants to research a specific topic, such as "Hua Hin", it's all neatly arranged in a folder.