numazu

My Sixth Time in Brazil – Sao Paulo, Salvador, Rio de Janeiro

• Members

Your stories are always well-written and interesting. But, of necessity, they become continuing episodes of you hunting and fucking. The novelty has sort of worn off, but I still enjoy reading them. But if I am honest, not as much. And the term genetic freaks, it's pretty dehumanizing. And now you are in Brazil again. Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy, as I say, reading the stories. But as they continue, you might try to find a different angle or consider that sometimes less is more?

Well, you did ask. And I am just one opinion here.

On 1/13/2019 at 3:14 AM, numazu1 said:

have always been using my $10 a day(!) international plan from AT&T. I didn’t know why I didn’t get a local SIM.

For the life of me I can't figure out why people that travel often don't have T-Mobile....they have a $50 add on program that takes their free unlimited roaming data to high speed in almost every country....and includes unlimited calls (the free plans charge 20 cent a min to USA and country you are roaming in)

On 1/13/2019 at 3:14 AM, numazu1 said:

After the initial shock of the wall-to-wall flesh, the sweating from everyone, the shirtlessness, the trash everywhere, and the pools of spilt alcohol, it was actually a great time

Whenever I go to a place like this, I check to make sure I know where the emergency exits are and that they are working....places like that we read about in the news, along with night bus trips going off the road....

• Members
13 hours ago, numazu1 said:

Should I just let this thread die tho since I’ve neglected it for too long?

No. I enjoy reading about what you get upto in Brazil and I’d be interested in learning more about your adventures. 

• Members
17 hours ago, numazu1 said:

Sorry guys, apologies for not updating this in a while. Since the last post I was in Brazil (again) and couldn’t update. I’m back now.

Respectfully to Lucky, I have not in any way tired of your beautifully written tales of your Brazil adventures! Far from it. I see the narrative progression as you have deepened your friendships etc there and honestly can't wait for more. Def continue this (and future) threads!!! Unquestionably my favorite threads on this forum.

• Members

19 hours ago, pylonguy71 said:

Respectfully to Lucky, I have not in any way tired of your beautifully written tales of your Brazil adventures! Far from it. I see the narrative progression as you have deepened your friendships etc there and honestly can't wait for more. Def continue this (and future) threads!!! Unquestionably my favorite threads on this forum.

The question of whether he should continue the series is separate from how one enjoys it. Yes, the novelty has worn off, but even I don't tire of reading well-written stories about sex. I want to read Numazu's book!

• Members

Sorry to be boring but I see you have written about data plans.

I have iPhone 7 with UK data plan that gives free roaming in EU only.

I visit Brazil maybe twice a year for around 9 days each time.

My phone company has a top up for Brazil 150mb daily for £6 ($7.84 or r$39), for USA and Canada it's 500mb daily for £4 and some countries £6 for 500mb. How much data do you typically use daily? Is 150mb sufficient?

I probably only want to use my iPhone for Facebook, browsing and grindr in Brazil, for ease and convenience, would it be worthwhile to try and buy a Brazilian SIM card and get a data plan? I've read they're a little bureaucratic to purchase, I don't speak Portuguese but know a few boys who might help me in the shop.

On 1/30/2019 at 10:43 PM, floridarob said:

For the life of me I can't figure out why people that travel often don't have T-Mobile....they have a $50 add on program that takes their free unlimited roaming data to high speed in almost every country....and includes unlimited calls (the free plans charge 20 cent a min to USA and country you are roaming in)

Whenever I go to a place like this, I check to make sure I know where the emergency exits are and that they are working....places like that we read about in the news, along with night bus trips going off the road....

From what I understand the top speed for the data is 256kbps unless you have the high speed add on which is $5 a day? Please correct me if I'm wrong. This obviously depends on the user but for me

1. T-Mobile service in the USA in various work site locations that I frequent is next to non-existent for T-Mobile.

2. I have a perpetual Thai, Portugal (and now Brazil) SIM that I just pop-in my phone when I am visiting Thailand/Europe/Brazil. Hella cheap, can do local calls no issues when there is an AirBNB issue. I top off the Thai SIM before my trip, all online. Portugal they speak English so easy to top off, Brazil is a post-paid plan so I have a friend pay the bill every month (120 reals). 

3. Unless I am mistaken about the details for the plan, 256 kbps is too slow (sorry for being THAT kind of person). I probably shouldn't be looking at Youtube and doing facebook live or Insta stories when on travel, but alas, I do.

4. I need the high speed data at times when I work remotely and I'm at the beach (lol) answering emails and making calls. I should try T-mobile for a month to test how it works and if it suits my needs. Or at least during a 14-day grace period where you can cancel without penalty. Thank goodness for "dual" SIM in the newer iphones now

On 2/1/2019 at 6:31 AM, redxs said:

Sorry to be boring but I see you have written about data plans.

I have iPhone 7 with UK data plan that gives free roaming in EU only.

I visit Brazil maybe twice a year for around 9 days each time.

My phone company has a top up for Brazil 150mb daily for £6 ($7.84 or r$39), for USA and Canada it's 500mb daily for £4 and some countries £6 for 500mb. How much data do you typically use daily? Is 150mb sufficient?

I probably only want to use my iPhone for Facebook, browsing and grindr in Brazil, for ease and convenience, would it be worthwhile to try and buy a Brazilian SIM card and get a data plan? I've read they're a little bureaucratic to purchase, I don't speak Portuguese but know a few boys who might help me in the shop.

If its just 18 days a year I would imagine 150 MB at a time would be enough. Just turn off autoplaying videos on mobile data on Facebook. I eat up a lot of data, and there are Brazilian SIM plans or promos where social media data usage is unlimited MBs. But for you I am thinking 150 MB is enough. But that gets you to 250 reals for the nine days, which makes getting a Brazilian SIM more economical. But if you can afford it, and for sake of convenience (not having to change SIMS, top up etc), stick to your phone company.

On 1/30/2019 at 7:31 PM, Lucky said:

sometimes less is more?

I wish I can do less. Alas I seem to be incapable of writing short trip reports. Thanks for the feedback.

On 1/30/2019 at 6:16 PM, BigK said:

Don't let it die.  

On 1/31/2019 at 5:01 AM, msclelovr said:

No. I enjoy reading about what you get upto in Brazil and I’d be interested in learning more about your adventures. 

On 1/31/2019 at 9:31 AM, pylonguy71 said:

Thanks for this. I am not letting it die.

7 hours ago, numazu1 said:

From what I understand the top speed for the data is 256kbps unless you have the high speed add on which is $5 a day? Please correct me if I'm wrong. This obviously depends on the user but for me

1. T-Mobile service in the USA in various work site locations that I frequent is next to non-existent for T-Mobile.

2. I have a perpetual Thai, Portugal (and now Brazil) SIM that I just pop-in my phone when I am visiting Thailand/Europe/Brazil. Hella cheap, can do local calls no issues when there is an AirBNB issue. I top off the Thai SIM before my trip, all online. Portugal they speak English so easy to top off, Brazil is a post-paid plan so I have a friend pay the bill every month (120 reals). 

3. Unless I am mistaken about the details for the plan, 256 kbps is too slow (sorry for being THAT kind of person). I probably shouldn't be looking at Youtube and doing facebook live or Insta stories when on travel, but alas, I do.

4. I need the high speed data at times when I work remotely and I'm at the beach (lol) answering emails and making calls. I should try T-mobile for a month to test how it works and if it suits my needs. Or at least during a 14-day grace period where you can cancel without penalty. Thank goodness for "dual" SIM in the newer iphones now

So much to decipher for an Asian....the High speed option is LTE, free service is 256kbps, the high speed option is $50 usd a month, unlimited, unlimited

1) you work?
2) You're only going to Brazil now, so stop it.

3) Get over the size. damn Asian, do your homework!

4) Dual Sim..IPhone user, welcome to the future, I've had a dual sim Android for years

5) Damn generic Asian :P..

.just threw # 5 in for fun

• Members
On 1/30/2019 at 3:25 PM, numazu1 said:

Sorry guys, apologies for not updating this in a while. Since the last post I was in Brazil (again) and couldn’t update. I’m back now.

...absolutely NOT!  I've always enjoyed your posts regardless when posted.  Continue at your convenience.

On 1/12/2019 at 3:14 PM, numazu1 said:

d55eb0cb-302c-4346-bb09-72d98b97ae8d.thumb.JPG.94ee8f3cbe65dfee24344284309486fc.JPG 

On the day of the event, Alex was up early tending to the details of the party. He told me I really didn’t need to go the party till well into the night, since that’s when the party really ramps up. So after getting haircuts, the SIM card, and even a sauna visit (separate post), Leo, another friend, and I Uber it to the venue at 2 AM. On the way there Leo kept warning me about how bad it was, that I would hate it, and to prepare to leave it early. So I set my expectations low.

We arrived with Alex waiting for us and he gives us all a huge hug. Alex quickly gives us our wristbands and tells us the party is on him and we can help ourselves with the drinks. I noticed that there was still a line to get in, at 2 AM, with the party going on for 8 hours already. The place looked like a condemned building from the outside:

6AA50066-C59A-45DF-9B55-15CB17C41637.thumb.JPG.340abeb19bf6a4b41aea195b779ffcc6.JPG

Inside, it was like a sauna. No, not the sauna with Garoto de Programas. It was because it was super hot inside. It was already a super hot day today, and there was no air-conditioning, so almost all the guys in the premises were shirtless. It was surreal. It was packed to the gills. No doubt it was a popular party. I got scooped up by Alex and Leo to the VIP section where we watched to crowd from below:

D1B4F761-3ECD-4820-8372-3F7CA21CEA13.thumb.JPG.e6bffc244ce222f44398d989c4a04765.JPG

456676A7-02E6-40CD-9880-0304198B0AFD.thumb.JPG.366f9955e9ed61d21cf00140ff545b54.JPG

After the initial shock of the wall-to-wall flesh, the sweating from everyone, the shirtlessness, the trash everywhere, and the pools of spilt alcohol, it was actually a great time. Everyone seemed to be in their 20s, save for a few, and most were fit and cute and ready to party. I got to meet some of Alex’s groupies, and all were young and hairless and cute and adorable. The music was rough but enjoyable after a few drinks. The place was a dump, but it hardly mattered if you’re having a great time with friends both old and, as the night wore on, lots of new ones. I left at 5 AM, not because I wanted to, but because I wanted some privacy (wink wink).

I would love to attend a party like this on my trip to Sao Paulo in March. Can you direct me to a website where I can get info on this party? It sounds like a lot of fun!