Tomcal

junior the owner of Pointe202

• Members
On 1/30/2020 at 5:21 PM, ncc1701d said:

wow....I don't suppose he's available?! ;-)

Well, word is he was a rent boy -- that's how he got started initially. Probably not available anymore, he seems more interested in the guys who work there (from what I've observed), but he is extremely personable and helpful, and he is the best sauna operator in Brazil (now that Edgar Braga, founder of the original Lagoa in Sao Paulo, died a few years ago with Lagoa since having gone downhill and essentially closed (with a new Lagoa in a different location that does not compare) -- end of the Lagoa era. 

1 hour ago, Jeff88 said:

Probably not available anymore, he seems

yes he is as previously stated when he is on his visits to NYC

1 hour ago, Jeff88 said:

Edgar Braga, founder of the original Lagoa in Sao Paulo, died a few years ago with Lagoa since having gone downhill and essentially closed (with a new Lagoa in a different location that does not compare) -- end of the Lagoa era. 

the old Lagoa was actually 3 houses cobbled together and owned by 3 brothers for the last 20+ years and the entire block was bought up piecemeal by a develoment company, Rudolfo the current owner knew he was going to have to vacate for at least the 2 years preceding the move.  I personally believe that have a Lagoa exist is alot better even if it is not as grand as the old place then not aving one at all !  just ask the NYC crowd what it is like now compared to the pre Guilliani era when you had the Gaiety, stellas, Cats, etc,  or Miami of the 90's.   i am happy brazil still has suanas if they can survive

• Members
On 9/22/2020 at 12:12 AM, Tomcal said:

yes he is as previously stated when he is on his visits to NYC

the old Lagoa was actually 3 houses cobbled together and owned by 3 brothers for the last 20+ years and the entire block was bought up piecemeal by a develoment company, Rudolfo the current owner knew he was going to have to vacate for at least the 2 years preceding the move.  I personally believe that have a Lagoa exist is alot better even if it is not as grand as the old place then not aving one at all !  just ask the NYC crowd what it is like now compared to the pre Guilliani era when you had the Gaiety, stellas, Cats, etc,  or Miami of the 90's.   i am happy brazil still has suanas if they can survive

For sure it is better, but it is no comparison with what Edgar did, -- he was there almost every night and ran the stripper/drag shows. It takes just ONE visionary entrepreneur to set the tone and create a great vibe for a whole city. Edgar was also partners with Junior in starting Point 202 -- I think he financed it while Junior was the managing partner. I think if someone wanted to make a lot of money, create as grand  an experience as the old Lagoa in Sao Paolo -- or in other cities, but there is probably no better selection of rent boys anywhere in the world than Sao Paulo or Rio. 

On 22/09/2020 at 02:39, Jeff88 said:

Bem, dizem que ele era um alugado - foi assim que começou inicialmente. Provavelmente não está mais disponível, ele parece mais interessado nos caras que trabalham lá (pelo que tenho observado), mas ele é extremamente pessoal e prestativo, e é o melhor operador de sauna do Brasil (agora aquele Edgar Braga, fundador do Lagoa original em São Paulo, morreu há alguns anos com a Lagoa por ter decaído e essencialmente fechado (com uma Lagoa nova em um local diferente que não se compara) - fim da era da Lagoa. 

The lagoon is gone, I think the time has come for the Frigate to shine.

When i was at Pointe 3 weeks ago, Junior said it’s been rough but he is holding on! I have to say the place is cleaner and looks better then it has in recent memory!  Junior’s son works at the front desk and is 21, about 4” taller then Junior and is a really nice guy! i told him we originally met when he was 2 years old! LOL