babybear2

First timer report of brazil 2020

After reading all the exciting reports, and been staying at home for more than half a year, finally decided to take on a September brazil trip. 

I have been to thailand a couple times, this is my first time to brazil.

Non-sex related stuff, if thailand is a 10, brazil is a 3. 

1, do not take money from atm in shopping malls in brazil, they charge 12% wholesale fee, no idea what is the fee about. Go to a brazil bank and use their atm machine

2, do not try to get a local sim card, it took me 5 hours in a big tim store in a shoppibg mall in sao paulo and 3 in person visits, first time, it will be activated in one hour, second day, we will activate your sim in 24 hours, third time, something is wrong with your credit card, it will take around 72 hours to fix. What the fuck, i told them do not bother to fix it.

3, in thailand, I barely feel language barrier, while in brazil, this is a issue everyday from restaurants to shopping. Brazil is not a tourist country, they do not know how to handle foreigners, be prepared 

4, food in brazil is just so so, missing thai food

Edited by babybear2

Boys, I cannot say which country is better, both have pros and cons.

1, it is easier to connect with thais than Brazilians. Maybe it is still the language barrier, thai people speaks okay English while most brazil boys speaks 0 English.

2, Lagoa sao paulo is a huge disappointment. I have been there 2 nights so far, have not seen any handsome man, no, I do not have carzy high standards. Most of boys are boy next door type, no Greek gods at all. 

3, internet hire in brazil is good. I hired 2 boys from internet, both way more handsome than photos, cover boy material. maybe beautiful boys do not go to sauna anymore?

They are so so in bed, but beauty is the pass for everything, no complaints.

4, I blame nazumi for this one, if you are not as rich and handsome as him, do not expect any love story with a super hot brazil man could happen to you. The chance to find a compatible boy for a couple days stay is higher in thailand.

5, brazil is cheaper in this regard, which is a plus. Bangkok stars in moonlight charge twice as much compared to equally hot boys here.

Next, a couple days in Rio. Hope I can find some greek gods in 117!!

2 hours ago, babybear2 said:

After reading all the exciting reports, and been staying at home for more than half a year, finally decided to take on a September brazil trip. 

I have been to thailand a couple times, this is my first time to brazil.

Non-sex related stuff, if thailand is a 10, brazil is a 3.  

Agreed, but if you have someone fun with you,  Brasil wins...their personalities are just off the charts, and no shy or cultural pitfalls.

1, do not take money from atm in shopping malls in brazil, they charge 12% wholesale fee, no idea what is the fee about. Go to a brazil bank and use their atm machine

This is true in any country....what's the ATM fee in Thailand at the bank ATM  200 thb?   I've never paid an ATM fee at Bradesco Bank Brasil

2, do not try to get a local sim card, it took me 5 hours in a big tim store in a shoppibg mall in sao paulo and 3 in person visits, first time, it will be activated in one hour, second day, we will activate your sim in 24 hours, third time, something is wrong with your credit card, it will take around 72 hours to fix. What the fuck, i told them do not bother to fix it.

Agreed, I use T-Mobile, over 140 countries included roaming included. 

3, in thailand, I barely feel language barrier, while in brazil, this is a issue everyday from restaurants to shopping. Brazil is not a tourist country, they do not know how to handle foreigners, be prepared 

Other than BASIC English in Thailand , there are MANY country guys that have no idea what you're talking about- Google Translate

4, food in brazil is just so so, missing thai food

Thai food is my weakness...my main reasons I still go to Thailand is food and massage, However, Sao Paulo has so many good places to eat from pizza, burgers, Japanese, some of the best steaks and churrascarias ...and yes, Thai food....although the owners are Thai the ingredients not so easy to come by, so not 100% the same.

2 hours ago, babybear2 said:

Boys, I cannot say which country is better, both have pros and cons.

1, it is easier to connect with thais than Brazilians. Maybe it is still the language barrier, thai people speaks okay English while most brazil boys speaks 0 English.

I've been going to both places 21 years now- correct pros and cons to both. But now the Real is so low and the Baht still relatively high- Brasil wins out on many points.

2, Lagoa sao paulo is a huge disappointment. I have been there 2 nights so far, have not seen any handsome man, no, I do not have carzy high standards. Most of boys are boy next door type, no Greek gods at all. 

Keep mind there is a pandemic, you're going to be more disappointed in Rio from what I'm hearing. Thailand, can't even get in.

3, internet hire in brazil is good. I hired 2 boys from internet, both way more handsome than photos, cover boy material. maybe beautiful boys do not go to sauna anymore?

HUGE bad point for Thailand, most everyone on the apps has photoshopped pics and lie about their sex role, age or their size.

They are so so in bed, but beauty is the pass for everything, no complaints.

So So in bed :o  I've rated different countries in the past about the % of good experiences in bed. Brasil has always been at about 90-95%, Cuba used to be in the 90% range but in the last years, 50% if you're lucky. Pattaya has always been about 30-35%, BKK about 50-60%, Mexico about 75-80%. In Thailand it's an exception to have great sex---- in Brasil it's an exception to have bad sex

4, I blame nazumi for this one, if you are not as rich and handsome as him, do not expect any love story with a super hot brazil man could happen to you. The chance to find a compatible boy for a couple days stay is higher in thailand.

Handsome....I'll leave that one alone ^_^

5, brazil is cheaper in this regard, which is a plus. Bangkok stars in moonlight charge twice as much compared to equally hot boys here.

Brasil is a more expensive country to survive in , for the love of God, I can't figure out how the Thai guys ask for the money that they do....not all. I blame the Chinese and other Asian countries that came thowing money around....wasn't like that 20 yrs ago, lol

Next, a couple days in Rio. Hope I can find some greek gods in 117!!

Be prepared, enjoy the beach, but read all the cautions....Brasil is more dangerous than Thailand.

Thanks for the reminder. Safety is another obvious reason why Thailand is a 10 while Brazil is a 3. I am shocked by the number of homeless people in São Paulo, more than SF.  And most local business seems closed, at least 1/3 of them.

Speaking of expectations for 117, shocked as well, Logoa is already a huge disappointment, I do not expect any sauna can be worse.

also in the two nights I was at Lagoa, there are more customers than working boys, and among the boys, no one has perfect body, do not even mention looks.  I paid R50 entrance fee, I deserve at least eyeing better man than Grindr dudes.

Edited by babybear2

• Members
9 hours ago, babybear2 said:

Speaking of expectations for 117, shocked as well, Logoa is already a huge disappointment, I do not expect any sauna can be worse.

I just spent a few days at Logoa Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. If Logoa was a disappointment for you I’m here to set your expectations that 117 will not be better.  Over the past 3 or 4 days 117 has been very slow. Only 202 was worth my time.  But I’m not someone looking for a Greek god type in Brazil. 

• Members
On 9/24/2020 at 11:27 AM, babybear2 said:

Thanks for the reminder. Safety is another obvious reason why Thailand is a 10 while Brazil is a 3. I am shocked by the number of homeless people in São Paulo, more than SF.  And most local business seems closed, at least 1/3 of them.

also in the two nights I was at Lagoa, there are more customers than working boys, and among the boys, no one has perfect body, do not even mention looks.  I paid R50 entrance fee, I deserve at least eyeing better man than Grindr dudes.

For safety Thailand is 10 (I have been there about a dozen times) Brazil is about -50 (I have been there exactly 9 times.) I normal circumstances, and the current circumstances are about as far from normal as you can get, the “action” in Brazil is like nowhere else. I have the fondest memories of Lagoa, Fragata, 117 etc. Let’s hope the good old days return in the fullness of time.

A few days in rio,

1, I think I love Rio, the smell of vacation is in the air. And with all those eye candies on the beach, who would not love Rio.

Spending whole afternoon on the beach with a beer and coconut, really enjoyable.

2, 117 is the best in the atmosphere, super friendly stuff who speaks very good English. 2 nicely decorated bars and a good show with Monika. Although it is indeed very slow, around 10 boys, no stunners as well, and 10 clients, but the vibe really good

3, 202 is the best in boys. I know, all the conclusions are only based on my very limited visits and personal taste. 202 seems to be viewed as 2nd teir by some other folks, but the day I went, there are around 15 boys and a few of them actually very cute/handsome with great body.

4, logoa ranked as 3 in this short visit

5, no internet meetup in rio, mostly sightseeing during the day time.

Looking forward to check all 3 sauna again after covid and things back to normal. I hope it is early 2021.

Edited by babybear2

I think I recognize the boy (staff in 117) in picture in post above. He has a tattoo above his eyebrow? I noticed him and I think he is cute.

I'm just back from my first trip to Brazil, two weeks in SP and RJ. Points the OP raised:

1, some ATMs tried DCC (Dynamic Currency Conversion with a very unfavorable rate) which would result in a loss of 10 to 15%. Can be easily averted. In the end, I got money from Bradesco without fee or DCC.

2, I got a SIM-card at Claro in Frei Caneca shopping center. The little required information was exchanged with google translate.

3, English is indeed more widely spoken in Thailand (and elsewhere in SEAsia) than in Brazil. On the other hand, I can read French as a foreign language fluently which allows me to understand half of written Portuguese. Even someone who cannot read a Romance language can read names of places in Portuguese, but not in Thailand, Myanmar, Cambodia or China.

Some of my sauna visits were indeed slow (low number of customers and boys). But I have seen more body shapes and types than in Thailand, and the biggest dicks I have ever seen.

Question on overnight price:

I was getting normal quote between 150 and 250 for short stay,

However for overnight, one boy asked for 800 and the other better looking one asked for 1000

I politely said no, thank you.

The overnight is way above my expectations, I have the impression that it should be around 400.

Any insights?

51 minutes ago, SolaceSoul said:

Hello, Babybear:

I have spent quite a bit of time all over Brazil over the last decade, and continue to do so. I’m a bit hesitant to delve again into pricing discussions here because oddly, some posters seem to equate the amount of money they pay for sex (whether it’s a smaller or a larger amount) with their self-worth or their physical attractiveness — and it has to do with neither of those things (It’s purely transactional. Stop. The End.)

Nevertheless, regarding overnights with garotos de programa in Brazil, I will provide you with my personal experience and the experience of my travel partners (all of whom vary in physical appearance and personal tastes in men, but are in the same socioeconomic class in the USA and Europe):

Asking prices for pernoite (overnights) can vary widely —  depending on what Brazilian city you’re in, the demand of the garoto from other clients, how he looks and his self-perceived value. In general, the “guy next door types” / average guys / twinks will expect and cost less, while the Greek Gods / body boys / muscle guys : supermodels / “Beach Barbies” expect and ask for more. (I suspect that at least one of the garotos that quoted you the 800 - 1000 R range fit in the latter category — or at least perceived himself to be In it.)

Also, consider that some garotos, due to family or other obligations, do not even like or want to do overnights, and consider pricing them simply on a time basis (by the hour, instead of pernoite), and thus, will charge accordingly.

So again, it depends.

I have seen or have been quoted overnight prices from anywhere from $200R to $2000R. Yes, I said $2000R. Now, I don’t know anyone who admitted to actually paying that amount out — I certainly did not — but that was the garoto’s quoted overnight price. 

A good rule of thumb is to follow the 80/20 rule. High 3 figures to 1000 reais in SP and RJ is not an unusual overnight asking price for a number of the “Greek God” types. Estimated about 10% will ask in this range. The lower range of around 200R or so from the average “guy next door” or “man on the street” types is probably around another 10%. But in the mid 3 figures (which would include your expected range of 400 R, but that’s usually a variable, not a hard and fast number), you should be able to happily secure an overnight with about 80 percent of the available garotos, which should include a wide range of looks and body types.

(Prices are generally less in the North and NE regions of Brazil. It should not be shameful, insane, indentured servitude less, but slightly less due to cost of living differences.)  

Thank you for your insights, I feel better prepared now.

Personally, I am very hesitant to pay for anything above 2x the short time fee for overnight. 

Edited by babybear2

35 minutes ago, floridarob said:

I like , next door looking type of guys and usually pay 150-200 for overnights. Some of the greek God types do ask for more.....in all my years of whoring around, the better looking guy doesn't equal better sex, sometimes it's the opposite, lol

What is a Greek God to you, may not be to me. For me, covered in Tattoos and full of attitude and they live on Mt. Olympus!

• Members
1 hour ago, floridarob said:

I like, next door looking type of guys and usually pay 150-200 for overnights. Some of the greek God types do ask for more.....in all my years of whoring around, the better looking guy doesn't equal better sex, sometimes it's the opposite, lol

I’ve found this true during my recent stay.  The guys I like are 150-200, and they have provided exceptional programs.  I’m not into the too muscular guys, but I’ve had a couple this trip.  In the sauna, their cost seems to be only marginally higher.  But Online guys are a bit pricer.

I offered a muscular black GP off of  https://garotocomlocal.com.br/ $250 for an overnight here in Salvador.  He told me that was his hourly rate.  I read the message and never replied; he messaged me back an hour later saying he could do it for 400 which is still high for Salvador. I passed in favor of a 150.

The second overnight program is almost always a lot less expensive than the first. One guys charged me 400 the first night then only 150 the second. I guess it all evens out. 

Prices really vary wildly based on the boy. To say your personal looks or attitude has nothing to do with how much you are charged is inaccurate. If the boy is truly “straight” then your looks will not matter but your attitude will.  But really they are all about the dollar. But the gay boys I’ve had conversations with def change their price based on you!  

Some members here are wealthy and 150 vs 400 is of little consequence to them. I know some members on this forum must pay the highest amount because their attitudes suck! Lol  And if their faces match, it might be scary lol. 

A small warning though before my trip I made a mistake of agreeing to a 400/night program with guy staying with me for 3 days while in Rio.  I ended the agreement a day early and understandably the boy wanted his pay for all 3 days. We came to an amicable compromise but be careful of what you agree to.  Just like you would want someone to hold up their end of a agreement the boys will as well. 

Edited by Kevie770

1 hour ago, floridarob said:

I like , next door looking type of guys and usually pay 150-200 for overnights. Some of the greek God types do ask for more.....in all my years of whoring around, the better looking guy doesn't equal better sex, sometimes it's the opposite, lol

Omg, it is as low as 150 for overnight. This must be loyal customers 50% off discount, must be, lol

• Members
3 hours ago, floridarob said:

I think good sex is all in the head, so if your partner is not someone you would be very attracted to or turned on by, you’re less likely to think the sex is great. Or maybe that’s me!

Some people are just wired to be (or maybe are trained or conditioned to be) sexually attracted to specific types, while others have broader sexual tastes. I can give examples from my Immediate social circle of wolves — one likes hairy, swarthy Mediterranean / Arab types; another is only into smooth twinks; another likes tall, dark, skinny basketball player types with huge dicks; another likes short, fire hydrant-height bottoms; another likes street trade with “character faces”; another wants them to look like a model fresh out of GQ Magazine; the last one wants to get fucked by anything with a huge dick, looks be damned! I prefer masculine, muscular men, dark or olive-skinned. Sometimes, my friends and I can overlap in what we like, but not that often. One of my friends told me that “I’m missing out on the good twinks”, yet I remain unmoved. I try to get him into one of my favorite guys, and he says “there’s nothing that a statue can do for me”. 

As one of my good friends likes to say, variety is the spice of life.

• Members

Also, I don’t think that most garotos at the saunas identify as gay. My observations over the years are that maybe 90% or above identify as straight (some bi) and are just gay-for-pay or gay-for-the-stay.

Maybe another poster with plenty of experience at the saunas can chime in if they think my numbers are off. 

Gay men looking for other gays for sex can go to the non-payboy saunas in Brazil, of which there are quite a few. There are plenty of regular, run-of-the mill, “guy next door” type gay guys at those kinds of saunas, the kind you might see as a customer at a regular gay bar in Brazil — and then, you can really put your attractiveness and charm to the test, since money is not a motivator. Rio G Sauna in Ipanema in Rio is one, Wild Thermas or Chili Pepper in São Paulo are two others, Sauna Rios or Paradise in Salvador are some others. 

3 hours ago, SolaceSoul said:

likes hairy, swarthy Mediterranean / Arab types; another is only into smooth twinks; another likes tall, dark, skinny basketball player types with huge dicks; another likes short, fire hydrant-height bottoms; another likes street trade with “character faces”; another wants them to look like a model fresh out of GQ Magazine; the last one wants to get fucked by anything with a huge dick, looks be damned! I

Namazu....he just described YOU, in one long sentence :lol: