DutchDork

Will you travel to Brazil?

I've never been to Brazil.   However, some of my preferred winter holiday destinations in Asia are not open at the moment.    So if the covid numbers start to fall back in Brazil, I could envisage going there in the next few months.    More likely December or January than November. 

• Members
5 hours ago, floridarob said:

I was there last month and am going back in a couple of weeks. I booked a ticket when I saw the new Fragata finally had an opening date. Namuzu is still there and I'm not sure he'll ever leave, lol

Thanks for sharing your travel plans! I'm curious to know though, have you had Covid and thus have some sort of limited-term immunity? Or do you just assess that the virus can be easily avoided despite the behavior of the guys in the sauna? 

17 minutes ago, DutchDork said:

Thanks for sharing your travel plans! I'm curious to know though, have you had Covid and thus have some sort of limited-term immunity? Or do you just assess that the virus can be easily avoided despite the behavior of the guys in the sauna? 

Not sure of immunity...but , with the precautions being taken I see the risk worth it. Not doing much different there than I am at home. Seats in the saunas are spread apart, handwashing and temp check when you enter, everyone using masks unless you're drinking/eating..... the risk is when you meet someone, and have intimate time with them....you have to assume/hope that they are negative also.

19 hours ago, DutchDork said:

Will you consider traveling to Brazil between now and the end of November given the current situation? I am just curious where the rest of the group stands regarding resumption of travel to Brazil. 

Booked for the end of December....if I can travel, Im definitely going...

• Members

Not until there'a a vaccine or I know I have immunity otherwise. I'm not headed anywhere the hospitals and medical care are worse than here until then. Much of western Europe or Canada maybe when travel starts. Until then Florida's wide open and fine for sex in the sun. 

• Members

Thanks for all your responses. My friends and I are really itching to travel but are also very much afraid of Covid-19. Afraid to get it and also afraid of being carriers of it. There's a real struggle between being responsible adults and being hungry for those Brazilian boys. Reading your perspectives helps in the decision-making process. Keep them coming! 

• Members
16 hours ago, DutchDork said:

Thanks for all your responses. My friends and I are really itching to travel but are also very much afraid of Covid-19. Afraid to get it and also afraid of being carriers of it. There's a real struggle between being responsible adults and being hungry for those Brazilian boys. Reading your perspectives helps in the decision-making process. Keep them coming! 

Also, from the comments, I would not assume the guys are even there in the saunas. They seem fairly empty. Being a sauna boy entails having intimacy with many different people and is almost a certain infection if susceptible to infection. Having covid in Brazil is much more deadly, even if just for friends and relatives of the young, than in the US. As poor as many of these guys are, it seems most are curtailing dangerous activity like saunas as much as possible.  

• Members
On 9/26/2020 at 9:27 PM, DutchDork said:

Today is October 12, 2020, and I've just come to this thread and its responses.  Would you be much more comfortable traveling to Brazil in 2021 or 2022?  I ask because your prior experiences in the saunas as well as your other travel-related adventures will be different in the COVID-19 and afterwards era, beginning at the airports.

As I have been hearing and, at times, saying: STAY SAFE! 

• Members

T

On 9/27/2020 at 4:45 PM, tassojunior said:

Also, from the comments, I would not assume the guys are even there in the saunas. They seem fairly empty. Being a sauna boy entails having intimacy with many different people and is almost a certain infection if susceptible to infection. Having covid in Brazil is much more deadly, even if just for friends and relatives of the young, than in the US. As poor as many of these guys are, it seems most are curtailing dangerous activity like saunas as much as possible.  

Hey Tasso..I agree.. the guys are not in abundance but empty would not be the way I would describe what I saw.  Not sure if it was because it was October (low season) or the Pandemic.  117 just barely opened and I think word is starting to trickle out.  The type of guys I like were a little lacking but I like I said above; I was always able to find what was needed.  I was there Fri/Sat/Sun... Friday was a good mix... Saturday had more clients than guys (maybe better at point).. Sunday was not bad for a Sunday.. 117 is also doing 50% off the cabine for Friday/Sat and not Sunday !!!  The staff all wear masks.....things are coming up to speed with a new norm but it'll take some time.  

• Members
On 10/15/2020 at 8:15 AM, yellowheart said:

T

Hey Tasso..I agree.. the guys are not in abundance but empty would not be the way I would describe what I saw.  Not sure if it was because it was October (low season) or the Pandemic.  117 just barely opened and I think word is starting to trickle out.  The type of guys I like were a little lacking but I like I said above; I was always able to find what was needed.  I was there Fri/Sat/Sun... Friday was a good mix... Saturday had more clients than guys (maybe better at point).. Sunday was not bad for a Sunday.. 117 is also doing 50% off the cabine for Friday/Sat and not Sunday !!!  The staff all wear masks.....things are coming up to speed with a new norm but it'll take some time.  

Until there's a vaccine, I'll be sticking to Ft. Lauderdale and St.Pete for potential healthcare. All the strip clubs are open and plenty of guys in them and online for dates. If Europe opens I'll travel there as the healthcare is better. (And there's no shortage of Brazilians in either).

• Members
20 hours ago, tassojunior said:

Until there's a vaccine, I'll be sticking to Ft. Lauderdale and St.Pete for potential healthcare. All the strip clubs are open and plenty of guys in them and online for dates. If Europe opens I'll travel there as the healthcare is better. (And there's no shortage of Brazilians in either).

The rate for the guys online in miami and ft Lauderdale are too damn expensive.  Im spoiled by the prices I pay in SD and RIO. after paying bargain basement prices in those countries,  I can't imagine paying $250-$300 for an American hook up.

• Members
13 hours ago, BlkSuperman said:

The rate for the guys online in miami and ft Lauderdale are too damn expensive.  Im spoiled by the prices I pay in SD and RIO. after paying bargain basement prices in those countries,  I can't imagine paying $250-$300 for an American hook up.

Are you planning to visit DR anytime soon?

• Members
23 hours ago, BlkSuperman said:

After you apportion the airfare by the number of guys you date and add the cost of the cubicle at the sauna for each, much less the value of the 2 days in transit and foreign health insurance, those Brazilians aren't so cheap. (and if you have a fetish for Brazilians, thanks to the diaspora there's no shortage of them anywhere you live or go). 

I can fly from DC to Ft Lauderdale or St Pete in 1 1/2 hours for often under $100 roundtrip and have my pick of private-curtained encounters for fairly low cost or the best online ads for over an hour for $200 or less (competition in Florida is fierce). Plus, if we click I can keep in touch, invite them to visit, or travel with them. 

1 hour ago, floridarob said:

much of the same risk where you live, unless you've locked yourself in and don't go anywhere. 

Maybe same risk of contagion but the mortality risk skyrockets once you have to depend on the Rio healthcare system.