iendo

The best country/city for meetings boys in bars/clubs

I've been reading through this forum many times but I can't seem to find what I am looking for. I've said before that I'm not into sauna's and not into macho boys. When I read these threads it seems like that there is nothing else on offer in this part of the world.

Bars or clubs with (twink) moneyboys would be perfect for me.

Is there anyone with the same interests and maybe some tips? I'd love to hear some experiences.

Thanks in advance.

• Members

Short answer: Buenos Aires, Argentina and Bogota, Colombia.

Long answer: I’m into muscleboys but various working guys exist. Certainly there are younger guys anxious to meet rich older foreigners. The problem is that it’s hard to predict what gay gyms, clubs or bars will reopen after the pandemic eases. 

IME there are many younger guys in Buenos Aires looking for an older lover. Argentine citizens carry their ID with them so it’s easy to check their age. I suggest you always do this as I have been propositioned by guys below the age of consent (18 in Argentina) on the street, in shopping malls as well as bars and gyms. Obviously it’s a major help if you speak Spanish well. 

• Members
4 hours ago, msclelovr said:

Long answer: I’m into muscleboys but various working guys exist. Certainly there are younger guys anxious to meet rich older foreigners. The problem is that it’s hard to predict what gay gyms, clubs or bars will reopen after the pandemic eases. 

IME there are many younger guys in Buenos Aires looking for an older lover. Argentine citizens carry their ID with them so it’s easy to check their age. I suggest you always do this as I have been propositioned by guys below the age of consent (18 in Argentina) on the street, in shopping malls as well as bars and gyms. Obviously it’s a major help if you speak Spanish well. 

I am surprised you did not include Rio. I did not answer the question because I do not think it is a question well asked. I do not think there is such a thing as "the best place to meet boys". The best place for you may not be the best place for me. Others friends could have listed São Paulo, Salvador, Mexico DF, the Mayan Peninsula, Berlin, Varsovia, Bangkok, Manila, and the list may go on and on. 

PS. I just realized I did not list any city from North Africa. I would have not done that twenty years ago.

3 hours ago, Latbear4blk said:

I am surprised you did not include Rio. I did not answer the question because I do not think it is a question well asked. I do not think there is such a thing as "the best place to meet boys". The best place for you may not be the best place for me. Others friends could have listed São Paulo, Salvador, Mexico DF, the Mayan Peninsula, Berlin, Varsovia, Bangkok, Manila, and the list may go on and on. 

PS. I just realized I did not list any city from North Africa. I would have not done that twenty years ago.

Ditto

On 5/16/2021 at 2:58 PM, Latbear4blk said:

Did I misunderstand what this "Latin America destinations" thread means? Many of your suggestions (regardless of how much fun they are) would not qualify geographically.

My question did not only consist of a title. Granted, I could have specified even more, but I certainly didn't ask a generic question. The thing is, if you were like-minded, you might have told me one of your favorite options and experiences there. Then, I could have decided for myself if that would be of interest to me.

You went with the philosophical approach, which I would put in the same category of correcting someones spelling or grammar on a board like this. 

On 5/16/2021 at 10:19 AM, msclelovr said:

Hey, thanks for your response.

Your handle gave you away. :-) But, you seem to be representative of board members in this region. Your suggestion to look into Argentina is interesting enough. To be honest, I've never thought about that country. I'm not fluent in Spanish but I do speak it conversational. I'll do some searches on Buenos Aires. If a certain club/bar comes to mind, please let me know. :D

On 5/16/2021 at 6:05 PM, babybear2 said:

Bangkok will suit you well, tons of bars with boys to choose from

tons of twinks as well

just a bit pricy compared to brazil though 

Thailand is perfect indeed. I'm looking for something the Americas, though.

Shocking, is Brazil cheaper than Thailand?

3 hours ago, floridarob said:

With the current exchange rate....yes

Mexico has a LOT of places to find what you're looking for as well....

Mexico also seems to be hassle free. They do not even require a PCR test. I'm not sure about the current bar situation in Mexico City.

Cuba, is also great and I would love to visit during the August carnival. For now they have not decided if this will take place and bars like Mixto and Las Vegas are closed.

On 5/18/2021 at 2:52 PM, floridarob said:

Things are very bad in Cuba now....being compared to the 1990's.

Really?

I've been there four times in 2019. The best time for me was in August. Boy's were literally everywhere we went. Must have been 5 clubs and 1 restaurant that turned into a bar on Thursday. It was actually the night that I arrived and it was the first place my friend took me too.  On entrance, we got a sticker with a number on our chest and we were off to the races.

Considering that it was/is one of my favorite place, I wonder how was it better in the 90's.

1 hour ago, iendo said:

Really?

I've been there four times in 2019. The best time for me was in August. Boy's were literally everywhere we went. Must have been 5 clubs and 1 restaurant that turned into a bar on Thursday. It was actually the night that I arrived and it was the first place my friend took me too.  On entrance, we got a sticker with a number on our chest and we were off to the races.

Considering that it was/is one of my favorite place, I wonder how was it better in the 90's.

Not better in the 90's...I'm talking about the "Special Period" when there wasn't gas or food available......better was in the early 2000's

• Members
1 hour ago, floridarob said:

Not better in the 90's...I'm talking about the "Special Period" when there wasn't gas or food available......better was in the early 2000's

I do not think he cares about the specific dating, 90s or whenever. He wants to know how it was better, considering he had a greats time in 2029. 

I am not trying to be his interpreter. I want to know how.

• Members

Well, earlier than 2019 -some years before - there were lots of great looking young Cubans with fit bodies.

Many of them found older admirers and got exit visas for Spain. (And as is the way of the world, several young men left their older admirers after 3 years ie once they had established residency rights in Spain)

• Members
1 hour ago, msclelovr said:

Well, earlier than 2019 -some years before - there were lots of great looking young Cubans with fit bodies.

Many of them found older admirers and got exit visas for Spain. (And as is the way of the world, several young men left their older admirers after 3 years ie once they had established residency rights in Spain)

@iendo, would you give us more details on your visits in 2019? Please?

38 minutes ago, msclelovr said:

Thanks for writing further @iendo but I thought you’d said that you were “not into macho boys”.

So when did the more feminine or slimmer young men feature in your adventures? ;)

Haha, that started on day two. Well, don't forget there already was a lot going on in and outside Mixto that night. While I would call blondie more manly than the boys I am normally into, my definition of "macho" is much more masculine. But I agree, he was definitely borderline. His age, at least perceived, and drinks might have given him the nod.  

I can write what happened on day 2 of 7 in a couple of days. It took me 2 hours to write this last post and I'm done for today.

Wait, I do want to give my definitions to clarify my taste:

X  Straight: i guess this speaks for itself. However, they could also fall in most categories below.

X  Macho: manly acting guys that are muscled.

*   Manly: manly acting guys that are on the slimmer side. When, then I prefer them with soft facial features.

** Boyish: They don't have specific manly or feminine features. Max age I would say +/- 25

*   Feminine: Is OK for me if they don't wear make-up or are too slim. They shouldn't be to extrovert either.

X  Lady boys: I guess this also speaks for it self.

They X-es are not for me. The * are very welcome and I had a lot of fun with them. The ** are butterfly in the stomach material.

The above is based on looks and motor coordination.

• Members

Thank you for your reports @iendo! Keep bringing details when you have time, please. Yours is, I think, the freshest report we have on Cuba. It is interesting, because your experience seems to contradict a quite established narrative here. According to this narrative, the good times for gay tourism are way behind in the island. 

4 hours ago, iendo said:

There were also some big spenders who would have a table near the dance-floor or upstairs on the balcony. They would have one or more bottles of hard liqueur in front of them.

Bottle service in Cuba  isn't like the rest of the world....is very cheap....cheaper than by the glass, so it makes perfect sense....even frugal me bought bottles in Cuba, lol

4 hours ago, iendo said:

This is not the first time this had happened to my friend. in fact, he very often invites boys but then asks them to leave very quickly

Did he at least pay them something, this doesn't sound fair and is a recipe for disaster one day otherwise.

4 hours ago, iendo said:

When came back with a big Cadburry bar, Elian grabbed it and put it in his pocket. Yeah, he wasn't sharing that bad boy, lol. Blondie had a disgusted look on his face and he wasn't wrong

Things like that make me crazy......

Things that have changed in the many years of going to Cuba, in my eyes:

The guys are more "gay for pay" and look for reasons not to perform, too drunk, they're the same position as you, they have to be home because they have the key to the apt and their aunt, friend, gf, bf...create whatever excuse to leave.

NEVER would they have thought of stealing something because the fear of the police. Now, and I have a pic of a cop in my room coming for his payoff....the cops are just as bad as the pingeros (hustlers)...some are even in cahoots with each other.

I used to be amazed at how poor someone would be yet so clean and smelling good (except for feet, smelly feet in Cuba is something)...... my recent trips, 2 yrs ago...so much bad breath, missing/crooked teeth.....like someone said, it was as though all the good looking guys left Cuba to Spain (was an easy process)

You can't compare any Asian country to a latin one for hot sex....I've said it for all my years on these boards. It's Latin blood that  boils......I like and have been to Asia at least 50+ times, but sex is a very different experience.

At one point in my life I would've put Havana on par with Brasil, however, Brasil has remained as good if not better....Have you been to Brasil?

52 minutes ago, floridarob said:

Did he at least pay them something, this doesn't sound fair and is a recipe for disaster one day otherwise.

thanks Rob, I'll get back to your questions in a couple of days.