reader

168 Thai soldiers apparently forced to finish masturbating before showering

From The Thaiger

More than 160 Thai soldiers were apparently forced to masturbate… and climax… before they were allowed to take a shower. At least that’s what a social media user claims. Numerous Thai media outlets have reported the story, but there has been no confirmation or statement from military officials.

On Facebook, a screenshot was shared, and picked up by Thai media, of soldiers sitting together with a caption in Thai which translates to “The week of masterbation check. Finish your masterbate first, then you will be allowed to take a shower. Do it together with 168 members.”

The original video was said to have been posted on an Instagram story and has since been deleted. On Facebook, many Thai people have been revealing their own experiences in the military and saying that they have experienced situations like this while in service as well as other accounts of sexual harassment and abuse.

https://thethaiger.com/news/national/168-thai-soldiers-apparently-forced-to-finish-masturbating-before-showering

There are reports that the Instagram post was a joke and they were not asked to masturbate.

None of the media outlets published the photo so we can decide for ourselves.   (Anyone ?)

Anyway, given the doubts over the story, I put my army application on hold :)

You may want to hold onto that application because in a rush to judgement you may miss the opportunity of a lifetime. 

This wasn't the first time articles alleging this kind of stuff has surfaced. Here's one from March of last year from Amnesty International:

Military conscripts face rampant harassment, beatings and sexual abuse

A new investigation by Amnesty International published today exposes how the Thai military routinely subject new conscripts to a barrage of beating, humiliation and sexual abuse that often amounts to torture.

The organization’s new report, We were just toys to them”, documents a widespread and long-standing pattern of abuse of new conscripts, including several incidents of rape.

“Abuses of new conscripts in the Thai military have long been an open secret. What our research shows is that such maltreatment is not the exception but the rule, and deliberately hushed within the military,” said Clare Algar, Amnesty International’s Senior Director for Research, Advocacy & Policy.

“Recruits described how sergeants and trainers brutally beat them with sticks and the butts of guns, sexually abused them and forced them to exercise until they fainted.”

“The full chain of command bears responsibility for this culture of violence and degradation. The Thai authorities must take immediate steps to stop these abusive and degrading practices before the upcoming annual military draft, as well as launch a commission of inquiry to investigate these crimes.”

Amnesty International conducted 26 interviews with former and serving conscripted soldiers and commanders, including officers. As well as physical punishments, current and former conscripts described a range of practices designed to humiliate, including being made to jump into septic tanks and forced to eat “like dogs” using only their mouths.

Reports of sexual abuse and humiliation were rampant. Interviewees described being forced by their commanders to masturbate and ejaculate in front of each other, and several described being sexually attacked or witnessing such attacks. Gay conscripts and those perceived to be gay described how they were routinely singled out for acts of sexual violence, harassment and discrimination.

New recruits suffer rampant and routine sexual abuse by their commanders. A clear majority of conscripts told Amnesty that they had experienced or witnessed sexual abuse, or heard from its victims. Only two said they had not. 

A form of collective sexual abuse called “the train” was cited by nine conscripts who trained in nine different provinces during five different training cycles. Normally taking place in the bathing area, the practice involves forcing conscripts, while naked, to hold each other’s penises and stand or walk in a column or a circle.

Eight conscripts, trained in four different cycles in camps located in eight different provinces, told Amnesty International that they and dozens of fellow conscripts were collectively forced by commanders to masturbate and ejaculate in public. 

https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/news/2020/03/thailand-military-conscripts-face-rampant-harassment-beatings-sexual-abuse/

Maybe  there is a potential upside to this sort of 'training'? Haha

I got to know a particularly beautiful, but straight, young waiter at StoneHouse on Walking Street, and finally persuaded him to visit my hotel room. He was desperately shy, and we only managed HJs (both) and BJ (me to him), but I paid him well.

Then he got conscripted.

Two years later, he looks just as good and is now back living in Pattaya, but is now sending me messages about how he wants to meet up with me as soon as I get back over there and suggesting that he will make it worth my while to do so!

Two years of such army 'training' and perhaps I will now find him less shy and a lot more 'open' to my 'advances'? 😂

15 hours ago, reader said:

New recruits suffer rampant and routine sexual abuse by their commanders

As bad, if not a lot worse, is the routine hazing to which new recruits are subjected. There have been several reports in recent years of young recruits dying as a result. Commanders always say they will put a stop to it. They never do. The beatings these young men are subjected to are clearly little short of murder.

I'm not sure how making light of sexual assault helps anyone. It isn't a joke to the people who are assaulted, and it feels quite gross to suggest they'd be more amenable to advances because they'd been assaulted enough to somehow be ok with it.

How about "I hope in the army he learned to be more open minded about sexuality and more willing to experience new things." You can say the same thing without suggesting that Thai men getting raped by their superiors is somehow something to say "ha ha" about.

I've known people who have suffered sexual assault. The spiritual scars can last a lifetime.