dscrtsldnbi

Dubai

Many thanks for your guidance. I don't plan anything special but, given a 2 weeks stay, I thought I might yet sample what the local market offers. I did some preliminary research and was surprised at the prices their professionals charge: the average seems to be AED 2,000 (about £435 at the current FX rate) while the minimum is AED 1,500 (£326). Some providers quote AED 2,500 (£544) and up to AED 3,000 (£652) even. It is significantly higher than I expected and is likely to prevent any purchases on my side.

4 hours ago, dscrtsldnbi said:

,,,..the prices their professionals charge: the average seems to be AED 2,000 (about £435 at the current FX rate) while the minimum is AED 1,500 (£326). Some providers quote AED 2,500 (£544) and up to AED 3,000 (£652) even.

are those rates for a week or just 5 days?

I've had guys in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Doha, Manama and Muscat. Most of them either Thai or Filipino, though I had an African guy probably from Madagascar in Doha.

Got quite a few hits from locals too but they either don't want to show their face, are too hairy or don't have a good approach when communicating.

No question asked when brining guys to your room, though I tend to stay in big international chain hotels. Might be different in smaller hotels.
I would suggest you get a local SIM card or use roaming as sometimes the hotel's Wifi block some of the apps. 

Dubai has definitely the most guys on apps. There is even a Filipino guy living in Dubai that I follow on Twitter. He seems to be pretty busy.

I remember in Doha that beside the African and a Thai guy I met this American, in his mid-50s, a physical therapist for the US Athletics team as there was a big Athletics competition  in town. He just wanted to give me a massage and then jerk me off. It was actually a pretty good massage.

Also in Doha, twice when I was walking out at night, a car stopped by and asked me if I wanted a ride. I kindly declined. Then  I remembered  that when in college, a Filipino friend told me the same thing had happened to him in Dubai, though this were at a time when apps were still not popular. Seems like that pickup method might still survive in that area, though I think way less than before because of apps.

15 hours ago, Chucky said:

If wanting to use apps in Dubai, a VPN is recommended.

Lots of activity on Grindr, Planet Romeo and Scruff when I was last there 2yrs back.

I had fun in Dubai a couple of years ago. Used the apps.

I love Dubai for its diversity. I usually used Hornet (without vpn beacause there may be a big fine for using of it). There were many offers from all kinds of guys (Arabs, Pakistanis, Asian, black guys). But keep in mind that most of them don't have a place for fun, so an Airbnb apartment is a good option. There is also very good "happy ending" massage in Dubai with Indian guys from Kerala.