willyrag

Pattaya November 2023

At Jomtien area there are plenty of choices don't restrict yourself to Jomtien Complex just make sure they are guests friendly before booking.

4 hours ago, macaroni21 said:

I was just looking at room bookings for the usual Jomtien Complex hotels for the month of December. Many dates are sold out, to the extent that I may have to completely rework my plans.

For the boys and the bars, this high season may be looking good.

My impression is that the JC bars are doing better than they were on my last visit in July. Tuesday was particularly busy...there must have been fifty people enjoying bingo. Don't ask me why when there were a host of cute guys making themselves available. Chacun  a  son gout!

As far as hotels are concerned, ours is full. We struggled and only just succeeded in finding a room for a friend of P who wants to stay with us a for a couple of days next week. On the other hand, I've never seen MK in Central so quiet. In fact, the whole place was quiet.

Our Chiang Mai hotel was busier than since pre -Covid days. The plane was full both ways and the markets and temples had plenty of visitors.

Accordingly, my advice is to book early.

Ah, MK....a restaurant on floor 5  Central, in Big C and terminus 21 ( and all over Thailand) that is invariably full in the evenings , catering predominantly to middle-class(ish) Thais.  It is based on the cook-it-yourself model, featuring large, bubbling cauldrons on each table into which diners put meat/fish/vegetables from a huge menu. All very fresh.

it also serves duck in a ginger sauce that I maintain is superior to any that I've enjoyed anywhere in the world, whatever the cost. The staff- young girls and boys, always cute- do a choreographed dance  periodically, the girls enthusiastically, the boys shyly.

The cost (without drinks) is about 800 bht for two. P and his mates think it's  the best place to eat in the world. Or at least, in their world.

On 11/16/2023 at 2:52 PM, orson said:

Is nan jomtien walkable from the jomtien complex?

assuming you mean Na Jomtien, then its 3-4 miles, and not convenient for north bound traffic back to Jomtien itself.

Not recommended unless you want a beach and sea food holiday

On 11/17/2023 at 10:52 AM, Londoner said:

Ah, MK....a restaurant on floor 5  Central, in Big C and terminus 21 ( and all over Thailand) that is invariably full in the evenings , catering predominantly to middle-class(ish) Thais.  It is based on the cook-it-yourself model, featuring large, bubbling cauldrons on each table into which diners put meat/fish/vegetables from a huge menu. All very fresh.

it also serves duck in a ginger sauce that I maintain is superior to any that I've enjoyed anywhere in the world, whatever the cost. The staff- young girls and boys, always cute- do a choreographed dance  periodically, the girls enthusiastically, the boys shyly.

The cost (without drinks) is about 800 bht for two. P and his mates think it's  the best place to eat in the world. Or at least, in their world.

Yes now I remember I ate there at Central Festival with a Thai boy who recommended the place it was delicious and relatively not expensive.