paulfort

Trip report October and November

On 10/31/2023 at 2:02 AM, paulfort said:

I have returned to Thailand with Eva from London , used my miles to upgrade from their premium economy to royal laurel  business class well worth it in my opinion

Agreed, I too had a comfortable and easy journey 

33 minutes ago, Keithambrose said:

I think they are a first class airline. Great food and service. They can get a bit pricey, though!

Eva ? Definitely YES. I have fondest memories from my flight back home from last pre-covid trip to Thailand. All 4 seats in my row in the  middle section were free so I enjoyed first class comfort for economy class price 

• Members
50 minutes ago, vinapu said:

Eva ? Definitely YES. I have fondest memories from my flight back home from last pre-covid trip to Thailand. All 4 seats in my row in the  middle section were free so I enjoyed first class comfort for economy class price 

A row all to yourself is good,  with any airlines.

On 10/30/2023 at 11:38 PM, vinapu said:

3 bars just pants, 1 bar fully dressed. As far as go-go goes I wonder how long it will last. I don't mind paying 400-500 for drink to look at boys in jeans but only once per trip to see what's going on. 

I wonder if perhaps it's the British version of "pants" not the N. American version of "pants"

13 hours ago, gerefan said:

It’s a shame Eva Air are consistently late on their London - Bangkok service. Rarely on time.
See here for their performance. Only 10% on time!! 

https://www.flightstats.com/v2/flight-ontime-performance-rating/BR/68/LHR.

I think this is a recent phenomenon. When I was there in Summer, flights were on time. I have noticed recently that flights BBK to LHR are frequently 30 mins late, but so is the Thai flight, timetabled 15 mins earlier.

• Members

What kind of bad experience did you have with EVA cabin crew?

2 hours ago, billyhouston said:

Putting my views into context, ten years ago, after a bad experience with cabin crew in Royal Laurel (mileage upgrade), I stopped flying with EVA having flown with them 23 times LHR-BKK-LHR. With both Air France and Cathay Pacific wanting ridiculous fares for this August I swallowed my pride and flew with them again.

Looking at the stats for the last 90 days or so, it does seem that this is a somewhat simplistic analysis by flightstats.com Many of the flights, if not most, were delayed at that awful place Heathrow. To what extent that was the fault of EVA we don't know but I suspect that Heathrow had a lot to do with it. The other interesting feature is a comparison between the scheduled time and the actual average flight time. It's very easy to pad the scheduled time and many airlines do so in a dishonest fashion. British Airways, on internal flights, comes to mind. All EVA had to do  was to add 30 minutes to the scheduled time and the problem goes away. They are being more honest than many airlines.