PeterRS

Will You Fly On A Russian Made Aircraft?

From CNBC

Emirates announces $52 billion order for 95 Boeing aircraft

DUBAI, United Arab Emirates — Emirates Airline on Monday announced an order for 95 Boeing aircraft at a value of $52 billion, kicking off the first major deal of the 2023 Dubai Airshow.

The state-owned flagship Dubai carrier, a subsidiary of Emirates Group, is ordering 55 additional Boeing 777-9s and 35 of its 777-8s, bringing the airline’s total orders for the 777X widebody jets to 205 units. It is also updating its order of Boeing 787 Dreamliners from 30 to 35, comprised of 15 787-10s and 20 787-8s.

Emirates also confirmed its order of a further 202 engines from General Electric: the GE9X engines, which will power the new 777X aircraft. The announcement brings Emirates’ total GE9X engine order to 460. The 777 aircraft can fly for up to 18 hours.

Emirates already operates the largest number of Boeing 777 aircraft of any airline in the world. The continued appetite for widebody jets highlights the importance of the Middle East market to the aircraft model’s demand. Middle East customers now account “for the largest portion of combined Airbus and Boeing widebody passenger backlog at 30% of the global total,” according to analysts at wealth management firm AllianceBernstein.

1 hour ago, reader said:

DUBAI, United Arab Emirates — Emirates Airline on Monday announced an order for 95 Boeing aircraft

I have no idea how it is related to Russian aircraft in this topic, but it is good news for Boeing, since it lost over 1000 aircraft orders at past 5 years, most of them were canceled due pandemic, but also there were cancelations due huge delays in delivery of ordered aircrafts. Just few days ago Ryanair  complained again:

Michael O'Leary, has publicly criticized Boeing (NYSE:BA) due to ongoing delays in delivering its flagship 737 Max planes. He warned that if the anticipated delivery of 57 aircraft by April slips into July or August, Ryanair might reject them. This comes on the heels of Boeing's announcement of a reduced delivery forecast for this year, with the number of narrow-body planes expected to be delivered dropping from 400-450 to just 375-400.

At past 5 years Boeing got orders for 737MAX for almost 6000 planes, but was able to manufacture less than 1500.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Boeing_737_MAX_orders_and_deliveries

11 minutes ago, Moses said:

I have no idea how it is related to Russian aircraft in this topic, but it is good news for Boing, since it lost over 1000 aircraft orders at past 5 years, most of them were canceled due pandemic, but also there were cancelations due huge delays in delivery of ordered aircrafts. Just few days ago Ryanair  complained again:

At past 5 years Boing got orders for 737MAX for almost 6000 planes, but was able to manufacture less than 1500.

Hardly surprising, as many of the orders were for delivery over at least 10 years, or longer.

21 minutes ago, reader said:

Has everything to do with it. No one lining up to purchase Russian airliners. 🙂

You forgot one word in your second sentence: "passenger". And "no one lining" by very easy understandable reason - in 2023 Russia does not offer any passenger aircraft in Dubai. 

3 minutes ago, reader said:

“Airliners” are by definition aircraft designed and built to transport passengers. Sorry about that, Moses. 🙂

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Airliner

Have you read text by your own URL?

lthough the definition of an airliner can vary from country to country, an airliner is typically defined as an airplane intended for carrying multiple passengers or cargo in commercial service.

1 hour ago, reader said:

Oh, you mean folks are lining up to purchase Russian-made cargo planes? Do tell, Moses.

Nope. This year is year of anti-drone systems in Russian sector. Russia is expert in such systems now.

Even when Russia has there IL-76MD as I know, it is quite old model and mostly used there for to bring equipment to Dubai. 

12 hours ago, Moses said:

At past 5 years Boeing got orders for 737MAX for almost 6000 planes, but was able to manufacture less than 1500.

It seems you are becoming paranoid about Russian aircraft. You deliberately choose a five year period which covered not just covid when air traffic internationally all but collapsed, you deliberately choose a 5-year period and an aircraft type when that aircraft was grounded internationally between March 2019 and 2020 and deliveries could not be made. You also did not tell us how many Russian-made aircraft were sold during that five-year period so we can compare!

You seem to be of some sort of Russian airline crusade which gets facts wrong and offers very misleading information. You are on what the English could call, using a cricket analogy, a very sticky wicket. In other words, there is little point your continuing on this thread because you can never win your arguments.

6 hours ago, PeterRS said:

You also did not tell us how many Russian-made aircraft were sold during that five-year period so we can compare!

Why should we compare? Russia never played any role in the export of passenger aircrafts.

You deliberately choose a five year period which covered not just covid when air traffic internationally all but collapsed, you deliberately choose a 5-year period and an aircraft type when that aircraft was grounded internationally between March 2019 and 2020 and deliveries could not be made.

Tell me please, why Airbus had no such problems in "deliberately" choosed period?

If you want to compare Boeing, then you should talk about Airbus (red), where Airbus won more than twice.

1699953658939.png.d3cc860913b3828051de999a84963221.png

and an aircraft type when that aircraft was grounded internationally between March 2019 and 2020 and deliveries could not be made

Why should I exclude 737MAX? It is pure and clear Boeing's fuckup. And grounding all planes of one of the Boeing's models shows risks which should take in account all buyers. Boeing is in crisis. It is visible without glasses.

1699955205740.thumb.png.21fdb042bc40bec52c621a1de78ca34f.png

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Competition_between_Airbus_and_Boeing

You seem to be of some sort of Russian airline crusade which gets facts wrong and offers very misleading information. You are on what the English could call, using a cricket analogy, a very sticky wicket. In other words, there is little point your continuing on this thread because you can never win your arguments.

Dear, thank you for starting discussion about my personality. It is so valuable in thread about aircrafts.  

I'm grateful for all those Boeings , Airbuses, Embraers , Ilyushin's and Ils ( aircraft, not sickness ) which over years carried me safely to my many destinations, allowing me to use toilet mid-flight in need arose and sometimes even view from 10 km above ( Fuji, New York, Shanghai and northern coast of Siberia from above  are with me forever )

7 minutes ago, vinapu said:

that's the roughly view I recall . it was Bangkok -Narita morning flight. So we both got lucky

I think maybe you are confused and perhaps it was the other direction. Flights in to Narita never fly close to Fuji. The incoming flight path is just too far away to the east. It would be merely a speck in the distance.

1 hour ago, PeterRS said:

On a slight side-track, I have several dozen photos of Mt. Fuji both from early evening southbound flights out of Narita and from one of the great viewing spots in the city - the restaurant on the top floor of the Garden Wing of the New Otani Hotel in Akasaka.

CIMG1387.thumb.jpg.467b7aa43547ae41415fe30715933828.jpg

But I got my best pic only a few years ago. I was on a daytime Cathay Pacific flight from Haneda to Hong Kong and then back to Bangkok. I knew it would pass to the east of Mt. Fuji and so had my camera at the ready - just in case we broke through the cloud cover and it came into view. It did. Magnificent views. You can easily make out the trails for walking to the top. Aicraft was an Airbus A330.

php7eplkvPM.thumb.jpg.a24875a54b4629b3ab4073447e19aa4a.jpg

This is why I select window seat

On 11/13/2023 at 9:53 PM, Moses said:

You obviously need a lesson on aircraft production. When a plane is in development after disucssions with customers, the manufacturer receives a number of orders. As it nears production, orders increase. Once it actually makes its maiden trial flight, orders continue to increase. There were more than 4,000 firm orders for the 737Max before the first one was delivered to an airline. And that had absolutely nothing to do with either covid or the two early crashes. Those at the end of a queue for new aircraft by both Boeing and Airbus are perfectly well aware that they will not have delivery of their orders for years and large orders will be spread over a number of years. Got it?

So the comment about 6,000 orders and less than 1,500 manufactured is utterly meaningless! 

1 hour ago, PeterRS said:

So the comment about 6,000 orders and less than 1,500 manufactured is utterly meaningless! 

Bullshit. And complains of Ryanair, Singapore airlines and many other during past few years, as well as these 2 numbers clearly shows it: Boeing is crisis and isn't able to manufacture as many as it has promised.

image.png.5df611bb12ba16548d7a787e671cdae2.png

And just few weeks ago company again decreased number of aircrafts what will be delivered in 2023.

Ordering 95 passenger jets doesn’t equate with ordering 95 Big Macs from McDonald’s. 

I may be going out on a limb here but there’s the distinct possibility that Emirates may have somewhat more insight into their future needs than you do, Moses, and who’s best fit to meet them.

in any case, hope you weren’t counting on any consulting fee.