asdsrfr

Brazil Visa Requirement Postponed Again

• Members
18 hours ago, Yago said:

Dear xenophobe, stay there in your developed country and just jerk off

Never try to explain a homophobe they are homophobes, of course they are blinded to their bigotry. This is the same case with a different kind of hatred. This is the guy who justifies the Palestine genocide and is blind to his moral misery. Do not waste your time, it is better to ignore his posts.

• Members
On 1/19/2024 at 9:58 PM, Latbear4blk said:

...they are blinded to their bigotry...

The suggestion that the US's visa policy is even partially based on bigotry is factually incorrect and stupid, as I suspect you're well aware (either that or you're quite ignorant). The US's visa policy is designed to minimize the chance of letting people in who will overstay their visas. Chile and Argentina have very similar demographics, but the US requires visas from Argentinians and not Chileans, as Chile's economic situation is quite a bit more stable and Chileans don't tend to overstay their visas to the US. Same language, skin color, religion, and so on: just different statistics. Same for Brunei and neighboring Malaysia and Indonesia. Same race, religion, and language. Only the immigration statistics are different (Singapore citizens also don't need a visa). South Korea and Japan don't need visas, Chinese do. Croatians don't need visas, but Romanians do. It all comes down to past history and statistics, not to "bigotry." Don't make a fool of yourself by pretending otherwise.

• Members
7 hours ago, Hunkz said:

According to this site the Brazilian government will drop the upcoming visa requirements for Americans, Canadians, and Australians https://brazilian.report/liveblog/politics-insider/2024/03/28/lula-to-drop-visa-requirements-us-citizens/. Not sure how trustworthy they are but hopefully it turns out to be true.

Actually, according to several news sources there is a distinct possibility that the requirement will be postponed to April 10th, 2025 as opposed to entirely revoked, supposedly a concession made to circumvent an immediate vote to scrap it or maintain it, immediate defeat for one or the other side of the issue. I think it could play out for a few more weeks. 

12 hours ago, Riobard said:

Actually, according to several news sources there is a distinct possibility that the requirement will be postponed to April 10th, 2025 as opposed to entirely revoked, supposedly a concession made to circumvent an immediate vote to scrap it or maintain it, immediate defeat for one or the other side of the issue. I think it could play out for a few more weeks. 

Good news either way

• Members

I applied for my visa to travel to Brazil on the weekend of March 16th and it was approved around noon on Monday, March 18th.  Based on this thread though it sounds like I may or may not get to actually use it when I travel to RJ in mid-April.

In other (somewhat related) news, a friend of mine from Brazil applied for a tourist visa to travel to the United States in 2022 and it was approved in late-2023.  He made the trek here earlier this year.  Apparently, the food is too spicy and everything is more expensive than he thinks it should be (other than Apple products which are less expensive for some reason) but he is a fan and is planning a return trip in June.  He wants to go to Vegas.  If you are wondering, yes, he has been known to fuck tourists in exchange reais but - being the intelligent young man that he is - he left that off his application and instead provided documentation concerning his job selling insurance.  During the interview, he also apparently stated that he wanted to travel to the United States for futevôlei tournaments.  In any case, it’s nice to have Brazil visit me and Vegas can be fun in very small doses.

On 3/29/2024 at 8:54 PM, Novarunner said:

I applied for my visa to travel to Brazil on the weekend of March 16th and it was approved around noon on Monday, March 18th.  Based on this thread though it sounds like I may or may not get to actually use it when I travel to RJ in mid-April.

In other (somewhat related) news, a friend of mine from Brazil applied for a tourist visa to travel to the United States in 2022 and it was approved in late-2023.  He made the trek here earlier this year.  Apparently, the food is too spicy and everything is more expensive than he thinks it should be (other than Apple products which are less expensive for some reason) but he is a fan and is planning a return trip in June.  He wants to go to Vegas.  If you are wondering, yes, he has been known to fuck tourists in exchange reais but - being the intelligent young man that he is - he left that off his application and instead provided documentation concerning his job selling insurance.  During the interview, he also apparently stated that he wanted to travel to the United States for futevôlei tournaments.  In any case, it’s nice to have Brazil visit me and Vegas can be fun in very small doses.

Brazil has very high import taxes on electronics.

On 3/30/2024 at 10:29 AM, Novarunner said:

Wasted time….?  It took less than 20 min to apply and cost $80 USD.

Not a high barrier but 20 minutes and $80 USD is still a higher barrier than most other countries such as Thailand and Mexico, which have no pre-arrival procedures that need to be completed.

• Members

I applied last month on the official site last month and got it the next day Lol 

They are so back-and-forth I’ll just hold onto it in case they keep changing their mind

• Members
17 hours ago, Hunkz said:

Not a high barrier but 20 minutes and $80 USD is still a higher barrier than most other countries such as Thailand and Mexico, which have no pre-arrival procedures that need to be completed.

True, but Brazil has certain things in spades that I have not been able to find elsewhere.

IMG_6896.jpeg

• Members
47 minutes ago, floridarob said:

I'm in Medellin right now.....closer/cheaper flights, every meal has been good....can't complain about dick size here, I've used more lube than ever 😉

Hello there! Nice to hear you’ve been enjoying Medellin! I’ll be there on Friday for a week. Still undecided between a hotel or Airbnb. I’ve been there before and done both. Any particular hotel you might recommend that isn’t too much a hassle with guests? Would love to meet up for a drink or a meal if you’re going to be around next week at all!

• Members
2 hours ago, floridarob said:

I'm in Medellin right now.....closer/cheaper flights, every meal has been good....can't complain about dick size here, I've used more lube than ever 😉

So, even if I do sound like a drunken third grader, I am able to communicate in Portuguese which is important.  I also prefer to see the same few guys multiple times rather than endless random dick (yes, I’m aware that most others on here feel differently which is fine) and I have established the needed connections in Rio to do so.  Most of my future trips will continue to be to Brazil.

• Members
2 hours ago, Novarunner said:

So, even if I do sound like a drunken third grader, I am able to communicate in Portuguese which is important.  I also prefer to see the same few guys multiple times rather than endless random dick (yes, I’m aware that most others on here feel differently which is fine) and I have established the needed connections in Rio to do so.  Most of my future trips will continue to be to Brazil.

That's great. I look for the same. I wish Brazil was closer to me. As long as I am residing in DC, I will be traveling more to Colombia. I can relate to @floridarob's point, and to your point, my Spanish is better than my Portuñol. 

If I move back to Argentina after retirement, that can change. 

19 hours ago, asdsrfr said:

Any particular hotel you might recommend that isn’t too much a hassle with guests? Would love to meet up for a drink or a meal if you’re going to be around next week at all!

I'm at Hampton Inn...it's hit and miss who's at the entrance, but my friend has had a couple a day in his room and the worst thing is you have to register them. But I learned last night that a Venezuelan ID isn't sufficient here, has to been a passport or Colombian ID card, we went to a sex motel....was worth it!

I'm heading to Bogota today.

17 hours ago, Novarunner said:

Keep in mind I've been going to brazil 25 years, I have quite a few contacts there as well, speak both Spanish & Portuguese....they're so similar it's not that hard to pick up both.....change of scenery is always good and the restaurants I've been to in Medellin blow Rio out of the water with the variety and quality.

12 hours ago, reader said:

consider Venezuelans among hottest guys on planet

had an 18 yr old, horse hung, cute, innocent looking filthy minded one last night....hotel wouldn't let him in because he only had a Venezuelan ID, so we went to a motel for 3 hrs, not something I'd typically do, but didn't want to pass him up and I'm glad I didn't 😈 

My friend with me , said his best 2 were from Venezuela....

On 4/1/2024 at 1:56 PM, floridarob said:

tell us more, I guess there is no GP sauna in Medellin, so you just hire online? Is not that dangerous? 

• Members

Back to Brazil following the Venezuela excursion.

All over the news is the requirement for the visa commencing April 10th. It appears to be on after all. The discourse continues to be tension between reciprocity and tourism wellness. 

It seems that the one-year postponement agreement was a bluff, a stall, and has not been ratified. Apparently a vote to revoke can still go forward but time is running out. 

• Members

All indications are that the topic is scheduled further for government Plenary sessions, including today, although the legislative website suggests that today’s planned Plenary is not being held after all. Nothing is certain come Wednesday.