reader

Russian Man Found Hanged in Pattaya Forest

13 minutes ago, Tomtravel said:

Lets stay on topic which is Russia led by Putin

No. Topic is: body was founded in the forest. Investigators believe what it is body of Russian citizen.

The word “Russian” for some people acts like a demonstration of sugar on dogs in Professor Pavlov’s experiments - they immediately began to salivate. So here, someone came and started leaving “saliva about Putin” on the pages about the hanged man.

In Hitler's Germany, everyone automatically shouted "Sieg Heil" when they heard "Heil". And here some people automatically begin to become incontinent when they read the word “Russian”.

• Members
6 hours ago, Tomtravel said:

Being gay and running gay organizations does not give an alibi to promote war and war crimes. But you dont get it anyhow.

No, you don’t get it, besides which “alibi” is used incorrectly.

A board member posts points of view that other members disagree with and that other members have the prerogative to refute. Frankly, I don’t follow all the themes related to the discourse among this particular board member and others here because polarized views are part and parcel of social media and often go on at length without resolution. Partisan positions are often articulated clearly and eloquently in the face of opposing perspective and mutually potentially expand thinking among the readership. 

However, I witness that a board member with his index finger crazy-glued to the downvote key puts forward the strategy that a concrete punitive measure outside the chatroom boundaries be levied against the first aforementioned member, be operated in coordinated fashion by the board membership. We don’t do that here. Such lobbying is nothing short of a temper tantrum. 

Subsequent to this, the board member whose livelihood is threatened simply indicates that undermining his activities is essentially an own goal due to the negative cascade effect that could ensue. He adds that the sabotaging proposition mirrors the approach taken by the entities the strategy is intended to suffocate.

What you just did is assert that that he implied that whatever might be salutary about his businesses justifies his points of view in a separate arena, that they somehow exist in a zero sum equation. This is a fallacy of logic, as if he buys into the notion, for example, that Hitler’s fondness for dogs and babies offsets the egregious. He made no such type of connection whatsoever.

He did not suggest that one corollary of his employment structure and activities was the privilege of an opinion. He simply intelligently opposed the shenanigans of another board member whose obvious antipathy and overzealous and usually misapplied cancel-culture bent led to idiotic scheming and a salvo that, as it turns out apart from having no legitimate place here, would lack intended impact.

• Members
On 3/12/2024 at 12:41 PM, unicorn said:

Talking about mysterious deaths. we may be hearing about a suspicious death from one of our members soon. 😬

A Celebration of Great Movie Defenestrations

Meanwhile, the behind the scene image this brings up of a southwest resident needlepoint master … 

giphy-downsized.gif

32 minutes ago, Riobard said:

. Partisan positions are often articulated clearly and eloquently in the face of opposing perspective and mutually potentially expand thinking among the readership. 

This does not work if I have in my hand a wine glass and you say its obviously an elephant. This debate does not work and requires correction, otherwise we eventually agree its really an elephant.

• Members
46 minutes ago, Tomtravel said:

This does not work if I have in my hand a wine glass and you say it’s obviously an elephant. This debate does not work and requires correction, otherwise we eventually agree it’s really an elephant.

Yes, some positions seem so contrarian and incredulous as to defy logic. They may tend to stimulate surprise and rancour much more than influence real world outcomes.

You have amplified my point by missing the point. It was illogical to opine that someone whose logic escapes you in one matter, however legitimate your perspective in that subject topic, had put forward a defence regarding such logic based on unrelated activities that suggest a win for the overall good of an unrelated constituency.

Enjoy your vintage, in enough moderation so as to stay on track. Insinuating that I categorically dismiss, in gaslight fashion, your point of view viz a controversial matter within the domain of a third party’s obnoxious attempt at judge jury executioner status regarding that particular theme, is simply additional manipulative spin. I am on the side of objective logical debate. 

29 minutes ago, Riobard said:

at judge jury executioner status regarding that particular theme

Thanks for support. Don't worry about this.

To be a "judge", he needs to be an expert and have good nerves. Neither one nor the other is characteristic of the subject.

As for the "executioner", who will pay attention to all this "let's go" from a forum participant with less than 2 years of experience? For me, such attempts evoke emotion, like watching someone else's child who has just wet his pants.

P.S. his finger is still glued :)

• Members
42 minutes ago, Moses said:

Thanks for support. Don't worry about this.

To be a "judge", he needs to be an expert and have good nerves. Neither one nor the other is characteristic of the subject.

As for the "executioner", who will pay attention to all this "let's go" from a forum participant with less than 2 years of experience? For me, such attempts evoke emotion, like watching someone else's child who has just wet his pants.

P.S. his finger is still glued :)

Could you possibly be referring to a childish annihilation fantasy? 

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Riobard said:

Insinuating that I categorically dismiss, in gaslight fashion, your point of view viz a controversial matter within the domain of a third party’s obnoxious attempt at judge jury executioner status regarding that particular theme, is simply additional manipulative spin. 

SirB, you've used "viz" incorrectly. And your punctuation sucks. 😘

Pedants in glass houses should never hurl spherules without comprehending the precise mineral composition thereof. 

• Members
On 3/12/2024 at 10:17 AM, Moses said:

Putin said "war" in December 2022 during meeting with journalists, after that day nobody cares

I believe it's still illegal to call the Ukraine War a war in Russia. But I don't think neither you nor Putin will be arrested. 😉

Louis XIV | PPT

Reza H. Akbari on X: "The front page of #Iran's Shahrvand newspaper. The  headline reads: "King Putin" #Ukraine #UkraineUnderAttack  https://t.co/Kz10CLhBKu" / X

• Members
1 hour ago, Marc in Calif said:

you've used "viz" incorrectly. And your punctuation sucks. 😘

Wrong. Viz introduces a specific multilayered entity, the historical context of disagreement upon which a flimsy malevolent suggestion was predicated by a board troll, troll behaviour not unlike your obvious sad misanthropic attempt at provocation, because you have little otherwise worthwhile to go on. Viz modules of English language including the version where “something sucks” is a dangling statement. 

25 minutes ago, Riobard said:

Wrong. Viz introduces a specific multilayered entity, the historical context of disagreement upon which a flimsy malevolent suggestion was predicated by a board troll, troll behaviour not unlike your obvious sad misanthropic attempt at provocation, because you have little otherwise worthwhile to go on. 

You apparently cannot distinguish between the singular viz and the completely different vis-à-vis.

Do try to keep up with your own language. 

• Members
19 minutes ago, Marc in Calif said:

You apparently cannot distinguish between the singular viz and the completely different vis-à-vis.

Do try to keep up with your own language. 

Au contraire. Neither is a qualifier that could be described or modifiable as either singular or plural. 

• Members
24 minutes ago, unicorn said:

YARN | All right, all right. That's enough, you two. | Open Season | Video  clips by quotes | 715de94e | 紗

Relax. It was over before it started.😉

And coming from somebody lugging a yalta truckloads of oxygen tanks into the political chattlefield? I can’t activate my camping gas stove pilot light with my phone on without exploding the maple sugar shack. LOL.

20 minutes ago, Riobard said:

Au contraire. Neither is a qualifier that could be described or modifiable as either singular or plural. 

Indeed they are both adverbs, but I think you'll find he's counting the number of V's, not assigning a grammatical gender.

Back on topic, that's the first time I've seen 8 acres of southeast Asian trees described as a "forest".

Insinuating that I categorically dismiss, in gaslight fashion, your point of view namely a controversial matter within the domain of a third party’s obnoxious attempt at judge jury executioner status regarding that particular theme, is simply additional manipulative spin. 

The meaning, phrasing, and punctuation of that hilarious sentence are all up for grabs.

Anyone? Bueller? Webster? 🤣

• Members
12 minutes ago, thaiophilus said:

Indeed they are both adverbs, but I think you'll find he's counting the number of V's, not assigning a grammatical gender.

Back on topic, that's the first time I've seen 8 acres of southeast Asian trees described as a "forest".

The United Nations' Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) defines a forest as, "Land spanning more than 0.5 hectares with trees higher than 5 meters and a canopy cover of more than 10 percent, or trees able to reach these thresholds in situ. It does not include land that is predominantly under agricultural or urban use."

https://www.fao.org/3/I8661EN/i8661en.pdf

Since 8 acres is 3.24 hectares, that would seem to qualify assuming the trees are at least 5 meters high, with a canopy cover of more than 10%. 

• Members
23 minutes ago, thaiophilus said:

A few local newscasts termed the site a wooded grove, a far cry from, say, the northern boreal. Probably an unintended artefact of the language translation process. 

• Members
10 minutes ago, unicorn said:

The United Nations' Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) defines a forest as, "Land spanning more than 0.5 hectares with trees higher than 5 meters and a canopy cover of more than 10 percent, or trees able to reach these thresholds in situ. It does not include land that is predominantly under agricultural or urban use."

Since 8 acres is 3.24 hectares, that would seem to qualify assuming the trees are at least 5 meters high, with a canopy cover of more than 10%. 

Could that mean when we were getting under adults’ feet as children in the far north and our elders said “go play in the bush a spell” it was intended as a patch of nature contiguous with the property and wasn’t truly negligent parenting? This would upend the narrative. 

36 minutes ago, unicorn said:

Judge for yourself. I think it's here but I could be wrong.

• Members
22 minutes ago, thaiophilus said:

Judge for yourself. I think it's here but I could be wrong.

Yeah, I was looking as well. The road identified is Thep Prasit Alley 9, spanning south from the top red bubble and west to the lower red bubble. Plentiful vegetation, denser on the south side where you pinned the bubble where the road veers west, and exactly where the motorcycle rental outlet is depicted in the news-issued CCTV photo released. 

IMG_3358.jpeg

IMG_3359.jpeg

IMG_3362.jpeg

13 hours ago, Moses said:

... but 30-35 young gay men in Southeast Asia will lose their livelihood income, and approximately 500-600 gay travelers per year will be left without tours?

I always dread the day when war in Ukraine eventually stops and all those caretakers and pallbearers in Ukraine and Russia will lose their overtimes and related and income