Olddaddy

Scams on Grindr

Seems some guys on Grindr Bangkok anyway are asking for me to transfer money to them before meeting,something called prompt pay

I'm not even sure if there in Thailand, they could be in Africa as there's no location on their profile, but I sincerely hope no one is silly enough to transfer money to them before meeting !

One guy needs money for fuel etc but refused to go on video calling 

Now another thing ,is there any harm in giving out WhatsApp number ?

6 minutes ago, reader said:

Olddaddy, there are 75+ guys working on Soi 6 tonight. I'm sure at lest one of them doesn't have pouty face and no problem getting hard
🍌

Yeah I know 

But that guy had boyish man pics and didn't look 6"3 in his pics with manboobs 

Im not sure why he didn't want to shower ,the smell still lingers in the room 

3 hours ago, KeepItReal said:

I'm currently in California,  and I started  getting dozens of fake messages, all saying the same thing, and purporting to be from different Asian guys in their 30s. I am reporting them all as Spam, and they are decreasing. 

33 minutes ago, colmx said:

For the last few years I get these almost every day when home in Ireland on Hornet/Jack'd

Fit Asian guy in early thirties, that is visiting for his business, always moves straight to conversation about what i do for work and him explaining that he is in investments/property/crypto and wants to exchange WhatsApp.

I usually tell them that i work in computer crime and fraud detection for Europol... for some unknown reason they suddenly lose interest! :p 

May I steal that idea - I will go with Interpol, just for variety! Lol

3 hours ago, colmx said:

For the last few years I get these almost every day when home in Ireland on Hornet/Jack'd

Fit Asian guy in early thirties, that is visiting for his business, always moves straight to conversation about what i do for work and him explaining that he is in investments/property/crypto and wants to exchange WhatsApp.

I usually tell them that i work in computer crime and fraud detection for Europol... for some unknown reason they suddenly lose interest! :p 

Excellent!

Somewhat related question ... I have a meetup tonight with someone from Grindr. Their profile says "No MB," doesn't mention massages, his pics didn't include any thirst traps, and price never came up in our chat. Is it going to be rude for me to ask him "how much?" or am I (relatively) safe in assuming he's not a MB?

2 hours ago, Draden said:

Somewhat related question ... I have a meetup tonight with someone from Grindr. Their profile says "No MB," doesn't mention massages, his pics didn't include any thirst traps, and price never came up in our chat. Is it going to be rude for me to ask him "how much?" or am I (relatively) safe in assuming he's not a MB?

My view: you are entitled to assume he's not a MB.

No need ask "how much".

5 hours ago, Draden said:

Mmmmm...is this in BKK or Pattaya ?

I presume in BKK he is not a MB but I got this today from a guy who wanted me to wear lingerie, I just asked him directly are you a MB ?

He got offended but better to ask I believe 

36 minutes ago, Olddaddy said:

I got this today from a guy who wanted me to wear lingerie

Maybe he just wanted to know your size?

6 hours ago, Draden said:

... or am I (relatively) safe in assuming he's not a MB?

When you're meeting  a stranger on app, I wouldn't assume anything is safe until after the date is over.

2 hours ago, reader said:

Maybe he just wanted to know your size?

When you're meeting  a stranger on app, I wouldn't assume anything is safe until after the date is over.

Very true 

You never know who will turn up😂

Could be a 6"3 ladyboy whose pics are 5 years old 

3 hours ago, Olddaddy said:

I presume in BKK he is not a MB but I got this today from a guy who wanted me to wear lingerie, I just asked him directly are you a MB ?

He got offended but better to ask I believe 

That directly question may be offending for Thai. "Do you expect some financial compensation?" sounds more acceptable.

7 minutes ago, Moses said:

That directly question may be offending for Thai. "Do you expect some financial compensation?" sounds more acceptable.

I don't know if they would understand that lol

There are nice Russian boys on Grindr too though who I know expect to be compensated lol 😂 

1 minute ago, Olddaddy said:

There are nice Russian boys on Grindr too though who I know expect to be compensated lol

Yeah, a lot of Russians and Ukrainians are there, some even filled application to work in Siamroads :) Unfortunately, only Thai may work in tourism sector as guides by Thai law.

Just now, Moses said:

Yeah, a lot of Russians and Ukrainians are there, some even filled application to work in Siamroads :) Unfortunately, only Thai may work in tourism sector as guides by Thai law.

Not trying to stereotyping Russian but I find most are rude ,eg pushing in lines etc 

Just now, Olddaddy said:

Not trying to stereotyping Russian but I find most are rude ,eg pushing in lines etc 

It is just result of their weak English + compensation of uncertainty. Than shorter is sentence, then it sounds more rude, but at the same time than it is shorter, then less chance to make mistake in English :) Also Russian language sounds quite harsh.