firecat69

7 Days to Go

I've not yet noticed jet lag getting worse with age.

My behaviour makes a difference.  If I get some exercise after waking up, I seem to adjust much more quickly to the earlier time zone.

Also, I'm considering getting up 1~2 hours earlier for a few days prior to the next trip.

Been able to get around to Bondi Beach, Manly and Watson's Bay.  The scenic beauty is awesome and the rides on the Ferries are so convenient and reasonably priced. Buses are cheap enough if a little hard to understand.

You can find somewhat reasonable places to eat if you look hard but picking juice or bread or the like in stores will make you cry for Thai prices or even USA prices.

But people are friendly and the weather has been perfect and there are tons of Asian boys but I have not seen any who knocked my socks off.  Not sure where most of them are from but Thai Boys are better looking IMHO.

Tomorrow we leave for New Zealand and praying that the rain goes away.

Guest LoveThailand

This topic has been pleasantly meandering....

Here's a few cents from me too:

- 36 hours before my flight to BKK. Last two days before vacation are a nightmare workwise - but I stop and grin every now and then - thinking about boarding my plane wearing flip flops, shorts and a t-shirt - and the bliss once I land in BKK (it is cold here and I will probably change at the airport - want my vacation to start as soon as possible :)

- flying economy. BC prices from here are prohibitive - at least 3 times economy. I used to use my accrued miles to fly BC but it is not worth it - surcharges to be paid in cash are about USD 800 - and I'd rather use this money on fun things

- seconding Vinapu - I also find I take flying easier as I got older. I am average height and on a slimmer side. So getting a window seat is all I need - and can easily sleep through a long flight in economy. Jet lag is not an issue this time - have been working in a country with only 1 hour time difference with BKK for last 3 weeks - so am already pretty adjusted. Makes me happy since usually it does take me about 2 days to get over jet lag.

LoveThailand,

Sounds like you might be using an American carrier. My friends have become so frustrated with Uniteds surcharges and policy changes they have decided to use Asian carriers in the future. I dumped Delta years ago and that was one of the smartest decisions I have made.

This topic has been pleasantly meandering....

- seconding Vinapu - I also find I take flying easier as I got older. I am average height and on a slimmer side. So getting a window seat is all I need 

I like it too, it's like we are waiting at the airport for firecat to arrive with next installment of travel story in meantime  killing time swapping ours.

as for flying since I don't usually sleep on the plane  I always take aisle seat as it's easier to get up  and stretch the bones.

I prefer middle section of seats  at the rear as it's often less crowded allowing for more elbow space if nobody is seating beside.

I also collect miles  but never used them for Asian flights, each of 10 trips was with different carrier as I hunt lowest fare with fastest travel time and it seems always there's one airline with need to sell seats fast offering them at deep discount.

I select a centre aisle seat as there is the greatest chance of having an adjoining vacant seat next to me. I dont like to be too far back as there is more engine noise there and equally i dont want to be near the bulkheads as they put families with babies there who have a habit of screaming throughout the flight. I seldom get any sleep on a long haul flight and find the whole experience including airports unpleasant.

BC is definitely less painfull but it costs approx 800 pounds more and I cannot justify this expenditure. Anyway after 14 hours in economy its a very great pleasure to stretch out between the cool sheets in a nice hotel in Thailand.

Guest abang1961

If you scroll up some topics backwards, you know I don't even travel in cattle class.. I take the school bus to Bangkok via AirAsia, Tiger Airways, Jetstar Airways and Scoot... these budget airlines have seats for tiny/skinny people.. There are only 3 seats on each side, me with the weak bladder, always take the aisle seat... anyway, there is nothing to see without the window..

Sadly left Sydney yesterday on a beautiful sunny morning.  Just a wonderful city with so much to see during the daytime and fantastic weather. People are very friendly. Transportation is ok.  Food can be expensive but if you look hard there are some reasonable alternatives.

I found the white boys more attractive then the Asian boys so I 'm not sure she whether means after a 4 week steady diet of Thais, I was craving something different or that the Asians for the most part did not seem as cute as Thais.

We landed in Queenstown, New Zealand  around 1pm and it was a beautiful sunny day. Scenery is spectacular everywhere.

We drove to Te Anau which is a small town near to where you start the trek for Doubtful Sound which from all accounts is not be believed because of its beauty.

Unfortunately today it will be very bad weather and high winds which will probably keep us close to the very nice 3 BR home we rented.

Hopefully tomorrow the weather will at least be good enough for the cruise.

If you scroll up some topics backwards, you know I don't even travel in cattle class.. I take the school bus to Bangkok via AirAsia, Tiger Airways, Jetstar Airways and Scoot... these budget airlines have seats for tiny/skinny people.

I flew Tiger from Bangkok to  Jakarta and back  in May 2013 and it was not that bad at all and I'm not particularly tiny, 

Low cost airlines can offer the opportunity to reserve a seat for as little as £5~10.  This could be an emergency exit row seat or a front row seat.   Now this can be spectacularly good value.

Last time out, I paid Easy Jet £10  & in return got the speedy bag drop off, speedy boarding and seat 1A with more space.  Extra leg room and I was to be first off the plane and through passport control.  That's good value.

Think Air Asia had some cheap deals on reserved seats last time I used them. 

Guest LoveThailand

LoveThailand,

Sounds like you might be using an American carrier. My friends have become so frustrated with Uniteds surcharges and policy changes they have decided to use Asian carriers in the future. I dumped Delta years ago and that was one of the smartest decisions I have made.

No, Up2you - Star Alliance. They used to be very good - but with LH cutting down every euro cent of expences SA is no longer attractive.

So without reliable internet for a few days in New Zealand.  Started out with some really bad weather. Cold and rainy. Finally got a good day to day and took 2 1/2 hour boat tour of Milford Sound. Spectacular scenery both on the water and the 2 hour drive.

Snow Caps and water everywhere.  Really beautiful. Restaurants a little pricey but when you realize the conversion and the fact tax is never added and servers are very happy with 10% , it gets much closer to USA prices.

We had a fabulous apartment in Sydney and also Manapouri NZ.  Both priced out well below comparable Hotel rooms and of course with the added luxury clothes washer and dryer etc etc.

Getting lonely for my last Lao boy though. He chats with me on LINE and only 28 more days before I return to Pattaya and will start a new thread.

Guest anonone

Nice pictures, firecat.  I know very little about NZ...in fact I wasn't aware they had such a large mountain range. 

Glad you are enjoying yourself.  Hope you are recovered from the ankle difficulties.

Cheers.

Yes they call it the Southern Alps.  Between the lakes, mountains and Tasman Sea , the scenery is always changing but spectacular.

My ankle is better but I am still restricted in how much I can walk . I also think I made a mistake getting Nike walking shoes before I left USA.  I have been using New Balance for 30 years and I think the arch may be different in the Nike.

What I get for trying to add a little color to my sneakers..

I also think I made a mistake getting Nike walking shoes before I left USA.  I have been using New Balance for 30 years and I think the arch may be different in the Nike.

I'm not surprised to hear that.

Back in 2001 I had serious foot problem and doctor was of opinion that my super comfortable TEVA sandals are ruining it , which I did not believe but to make story short he proved be right so sometimes what's comfortable not necessary is best for us

I have been away from Thailand and Pattaya specifically for 14 days.  So I thought I would look for some new talent for when I return.

Never ending supply of cute boys willing to please you on Gayromeo and from other sources it would appear the talent in the Bars is improving both BT and Sunee.  I'll be there in 24days.  Below are a few photos of some new boys I will try to benefit their college fund.  hehehe

post-243-0-00767400-1415569553.jpg

post-243-0-90107200-1415569817_thumb.png

post-243-0-62075400-1415569862_thumb.png

post-243-0-22264000-1415569923_thumb.png

post-243-0-24935100-1415569975_thumb.png

Guest naughtybutnice

Boy #3 in post #171 used to be known as golf20, Now is glof20.

He dissapeared from the scene for a few months and only reappeared on GR two months ago and he now looks  look much less jaded. He is versatile and a good bottom (for me), good oral skills and speaks very good English.

He was not in a rush to leave and spent quite a bit of time before and after sex telling me about his family. A very pleasant guy to while away some time with.