Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Keithambrose

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Keithambrose

  1. Is there a regulation against tenants with multiple personalities?
  2. None left in the bottle?
  3. Keithambrose replied to poppula's topic in Gay Bangkok
    A picture of @Olddaddy?
  4. First class fare is estimated to be £14,000! I doubt that Aios will be available! There is a sort of gym area on board to enable some form of workout. I recently flew Sydney/Perth/Melbourne/Sydney, mostly business class, with Qantas, using Avios, and was impressed. Excellent service, good food, comfortable, the Sydney/Perth leg was an A330. Perth/Melbourne was economy, no avios business seats, but i booked the exit row, and it was fine. Choice of meal, not Michelin standard, but offered, and wine, plus a refill. Better than most European airlines.!
  5. Now said to be In Barcelona. Looks very sexy!
  6. Or worry about gold taps!
  7. Keithambrose replied to poppula's topic in Gay Bangkok
    VIP = Very Indolent Person.
  8. I assume it depends on which personality is in charge?
  9. Keithambrose replied to poppula's topic in Gay Bangkok
    Glad he made it through the pop years!
  10. In Italy, they put a coffee bean in the glass, and set fire to the drink. Toasts the coffee bean!
  11. PS no problem with joiners
  12. I stay at the Meridien, executive floor. Great lounge, very comfortable, evening snacks mean you dont need to go out. Fantastic choice for breakfast. Short stagger to Patpong. But on pricey side.
  13. Interestingly, my daily txts from "The Sword Interestingly, I've just noticed that the emails I get from "The Sword.com", are censored. I get the page, with pics of the various films available, normally 5, but when you click on them they come up with a black page, with an appeal to stop censorship, referencing Georgia, the state that is, not the country.
  14. Keithambrose replied to poppula's topic in Gay Bangkok
    Herman's Hermits, Peter Noone!!
  15. Keithambrose replied to poppula's topic in Gay Bangkok
    I should add, Tom Lehrer in concert in London, 1968 or 69, I remember it like yesterday!
  16. Keithambrose replied to poppula's topic in Gay Bangkok
    For me it is the Hollies! However classical music can do it too for me, Alfred Brendel playing Schubert at the QEH, Claudia Arrau, Liszt, at the RFH, Goodall conducting Tristan at the ENO.
  17. I can't see the BIB agreeing to this! There is a price for everything!
  18. Keithambrose replied to poppula's topic in Gay Bangkok
    +1
  19. Is that just travel insurance? If so, i would think that would not cover you if you settled in another country, ie Cambodia?
  20. Things have not improved. I help to support a children's home in Siem Reap, and visit once a year. My guide said about 30% of the population are illiterate, and the country is controlled by Hun Sen and his family, together with the Chinese. They care little about the people. The freshwater lake of Tonle Sap, for example, which used to expand, in the rainy season, to be the biggest lake in South East Asia, is slowly degrading, due to Cinese financed dams on the Mekong. 2m people rely on the expansion of the lake for their livelihood, the expansion brought young fish, new soil etc. I was told that the 2m people will, in effect be starved out. In the meantime the Government made personal profits of tens of millions of USD, building a huge, unnecessary, new airport 50 km from Siem Reap. I just read an article, which I cannot index, sorry PeterRS, which said that Cambodia ranked next to last in the worldwide corruption index! There seems some dispute about this, but I would suggest you have a good supply of brown envelopes! Having said that, i always enjoy my visits, the people are charming and helpful.
  21. To avoid becoming uneven?
  22. not needing to be right all the time or show off everything he knew, unlike so many other farang one meets in Thailand." So, you've met PeterRS?
  23. I use a private GP, sometimes, as I can see the same doctor, quickly, and I get 30 mins. NHS still functions, but difficult to get appointments, only 12 mins, etc. The private GP charges £120.00, actually reasonable, I think, but to put Bangkok into perspective, that is around 5,400 Baht!
  24. Life is too short.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.