Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

My Cambodian Dream

Featured Replies

1 hour ago, Keithambrose said:

At one restaurant, clients asked if I liked sashimi. I said, yes, I'm sure it's fresh, to which clients replied, 'yes, it's still alive'! Which it was, new meaning to 'fish on the bone'.

There but for the grace of God go I. 🤣😂😅

That made laugh out loud as I look appreciatively at my modest 'lunch' of two eggs, scrambled, half an avocado, chickpeas lightly fried with dried chilli and onion, and a slice of papaya. I do intermittent fasting and lunch is technically breakfast. I'll have a very late lunch/early dinner later and today it's mixed veggies, fish (cooked!) and a half a cup of Basmati rice.

  • Replies 85
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Unless you are very familiar with Cambodia, you are probably wondering where Banteay Meanchey province is located, and why on earth I would be heading there.  Well, the province is located about halfw

  • We are now back in Siem Reap and will stay here for one week.  Getting here was a challenge because of seven or eight days straight of torrential rains.  Flooding is quite severe in many areas.  Some

  • To be honest, it all happened so fast and I wasn't exactly asked. lol. I was told there was a change in plans and this is what we were going to be doing instead. I was not asked what my personal pr

Posted Images

4 hours ago, jimmie50 said:

I believe I have had this experience. lol...unintentionally I might add. My ex would get very annoyed with me when I would ask what something was before I would even try it. He wouldn't answer and just say 'eat it'. As a result, I learned a long time ago when we would visit his family in Taiwan to just try it. I take a bite. If the taste is ok as well as the texture, then I will eat more, enjoy, and don't ask questions. I am probably better off not knowing what it actually is, anyway. too exotic.

I'm the exact opposite - I want to know what I am eating.

For that reason, there is a lot of supposedly incredibly delicious food that I'll never get to taste. Think foie gras, for example.

I noticed that the Taiwanese eat a lot of offal, so when on holiday there I've always stuck to chicken or fish.

Although I mainly eat Japanese food, there are a lot of dishes I won't eat. Cod sperm comes to mind - it's in a dish called 'shirako'. Any kind of sperm is a big no-no. I certainly won't let a guy cum in my mouth! I also won't eat raw fish, so sashimi and lots of sushi varieties are off the menu. Mind you, a lot of Japanese don't eat raw fish, either. Nor do they eat the terribly stinky natto - fermented soya beans.

I'm careful what I choose in a restaurant in Thailand, too. I recall enjoying a spicy noodle soup with soft red balls floating in it. I asked my friend what they were and nearly threw up when he said it was pigs' blood!

There is no way I could possibly survive in the Asian countryside.

Hats off to you, jimmie50!

1 hour ago, a-447 said:

I'm the exact opposite - I want to know what I am eating.

For that reason, there is a lot of supposedly incredibly delicious food that I'll never get to taste. Think foie gras, for example.

I noticed that the Taiwanese eat a lot of offal, so when on holiday there I've always stuck to chicken or fish.

Although I mainly eat Japanese food, there are a lot of dishes I won't eat. Cod sperm comes to mind - it's in a dish called 'shirako'. Any kind of sperm is a big no-no. I certainly won't let a guy cum in my mouth! I also won't eat raw fish, so sashimi and lots of sushi varieties are off the menu. Mind you, a lot of Japanese don't eat raw fish, either. Nor do they eat the terribly stinky natto - fermented soya beans.

I'm careful what I choose in a restaurant in Thailand, too. I recall enjoying a spicy noodle soup with soft red balls floating in it. I asked my friend what they were and nearly threw up when he said it was pigs' blood!

There is no way I could possibly survive in the Asian countryside.

Hats off to you, jimmie50!

I love soft cods roe, floured in salt and garlic, then fried, on toast with ketchup. Not very Japanese, sorry!

17 minutes ago, Keithambrose said:

Or caviar?

No.

Japanese cuisine often features a sprinkling of fish eggs as a decoration.

And large herring egg sacks called 'kazunoko' are eaten at New Year.

Horrible!

8 hours ago, jimmie50 said:

As for the frog, I have heard that it basically tastes like chicken...same for snake.

a boy made me try crocodile since they are easily found in Thailand. It was pretty good like very tough chicken.

On 9/29/2026 at 6:00 AM, hank75 said:

Yes, Japan definitely has some of the more complicated and dare I say it, burdensome gift obligations!

The other custom that I find especially burdensome is the Filipino “pasalubong”. Filipino friends tell me that when they travel for any holiday there is an expectation they will come back festooned with gifts and souvenirs for others, especially colleagues. There seems to be real pressure in workplaces to bring back snacks and gifts, failing to do would be perceived as anti-social and ungrateful. Every single colleague needs to be accounted for. This is why you will see Filipino tourists trawling the aisles at Big C, or buying floral-shaped soaps, keychains, and all sorts of tat by the bundle. @jamiebee has occasionally referred to this in his very good travel reports though perhaps there is less pressure being based outside of the Philippines?

Yep if I'm going home to the Philippines whether from a leisure trip or vacation from work, there is this ingrained expectation of "pasalubong" / trinkets / Souvenirs etc from everyone even to relatives I have no memories of hahaha.

At my work place here in Dubai not much, it's just me brainwashed to give something to colleagues otherwise I wouldn't have peace of mind 🤣🤣🤣

2 hours ago, hank75 said:

I have tried both and can confirm both are overrated.

Haven't tried Shirako, but keen on other alternative!

17 minutes ago, Keithambrose said:

Haven't tried Shirako, but keen on other alternative!

Then you might like Japanese cum

Their bland diet means the taste is not too strong and the smell is bearable.

I can even tolerate bukkake , depending on the number of guys participating.

5 minutes ago, a-447 said:

Then you might like Japanese cum

Their bland diet means the taste is not too strong and the smell is bearable.

I can even tolerate bukkake , depending on the number of guys participating.

I have participated in Japanese cum, but not that much. Asian cum does seem to be sweeter! Most recent dose, fromLao stamp!

10 minutes ago, Keithambrose said:

I have participated in Japanese cum, but not that much. Asian cum does seem to be sweeter! Most recent dose, fromLao stamp!

So you like to swallow, whereas in Thailand I prefer to duck!

1 minute ago, a-447 said:

So you like to swallow, whereas in Thailand I prefer to duck!

Ho, ho

  • Author
  • Popular Post

Not sure what anyone else thinks, but I find the tuk-tuk’s and remorks in Siem Reap much easier to get in and out of.  I always struggled with that in Thailand.  Went to Angkor Market this morning to do a little shopping and went via remork.  It doesn’t bother Cam, but I don’t like trying to carry two or three bags filled with supplies on his motorbike.  Makes me nervous with him trying to juggle the bags plus me.  lol.  He has been very good about driving safely when we are on the motorbike together.  I don’t want to do anything that would cause concern for either of us.

Checked with the reception desk where we are staying and they actually arrange private tours of the temples.  They have several options available…five to be exact.  One includes TonLe Sap but because of the flooding and recent rains she did not recommend it…said it would be quite risky at this time.  So, for now we will cross that off the list.  Cam is interested in the Landmine Museum which they include on one of the packages.  Since he specifically mentioned that, I want to be sure it is included in whatever tour we sign up for.  We just need to decide what tours and what days and let her know.  She will make the necessary arrangements. We also want to visit the Angkor National Museum.  Cam has been before and said it is very interesting.  That kind of surprised me…didn’t really think he would be a museum kind of guy.  May also purchase tickets to Phare Cambodian Circus.  Cam isn’t as interested in that as I am, but said he was willing to go with me.

Cam prepared the black chicken for dinner last night.  It was actually quite tasty.  I thought it was milder and had a sweetness to it from what I am accustomed to.  That could be because of the spices and seasoning he used when cooking it…not sure about that.  It was definitely black all the way down to the bones.

Have tried duck twice now in Cambodia and much prefer the duck I had in Bangkok. In Bangkok it tended to come boneless and just the breast meat. Here it comes on the bone and could be any part of the duck. Too much work for too little meat from my perspective. Cam says that is normal here and would be unusual to get it prepared in a similar manner to what we enjoyed in Bangkok. Oh well...

As for Japanese cum vs. Asian cum, I am partial to Cambodian cum. LOL. Nothing sweeter than that for me.

  • Author
On 9/30/2026 at 10:15 AM, Keithambrose said:

Incidentally, if I may ask, what sort of work will Cam take up. I know he does not want to depend on you.

Good question. Since he returned to Cambodia, the main focus has been on replacing the fence around their home property with something more substantial. He always refers to that as work...even though he doesn't pay himself a salary. He has primarily paid for that project from money he saved out of his earnings in Bangkok. His brother has his own construction business and prior to the fence project, he would work construction with his brother. He plans to continue doing that, but also has some other plans for the future. He also will travel to Poipet occasionally when needed to help out in his sister's store...if they need a break, children are sick, etc...and she compensates him for that. Same for the sister with the food cart. He will fill in for her and whatever he makes for that day on the cart he keeps. The sister who is a seamstress sometimes needs help cutting out fabric and materials from a pattern. She will pay him to help with that occasionally. They all have families and things happen. Sometimes they just need a break or have other obligations and commitments. For example, his sister with the store in Poipet needed to take the baby to see the doctor in Siem Reap at the Children's Hospital. Cam traveled to Poipet to run the store for a couple of days. It is all about family supporting family for him.

Once the new house is finished, he plans to raise goats. That is the reason for building the more substantial fence around the property. He also wants to raise turtles in the pond on the farm where the rice fields are located. He said both would be a good source of income. He also has a good friend in his hometown who has a barbershop/hair salon. Keep in mind I have no idea if this is legal or even something regulated by the government, but his friend teaches others how to be a barber and has offered to teach Cam. Cam has already purchased the equipment necessary to get started, but has not actually started lessons yet because of the fence project. He said that probably won't happen until after the new house is finished. He does not have enough time for that now. Once he has been trained, he could either open his own shop pretty much anywhere we might live, or work in an established shop. As I said, I have no idea if a license is required or any type of certificate.

4 hours ago, floridarob said:

For sure I thought you were going to chime in about Balut , since everyone was talking about yucky foods 🤮

Hahaha I was never fond of it too. And it makes feel me like throwing up when I see a fully formed duckling with beak and feather already in it 😖🤢😭🤣🤣

1 hour ago, jimmie50 said:

As for Japanese cum vs. Asian cum, I am partial to Cambodian cum. LOL. Nothing sweeter than that for me.

I love Vietnamese cum! 🤣

2 hours ago, jimmie50 said:

Good question. Since he returned to Cambodia, the main focus has been on replacing the fence around their home property with something more substantial. He always refers to that as work...even though he doesn't pay himself a salary. He has primarily paid for that project from money he saved out of his earnings in Bangkok. His brother has his own construction business and prior to the fence project, he would work construction with his brother. He plans to continue doing that, but also has some other plans for the future. He also will travel to Poipet occasionally when needed to help out in his sister's store...if they need a break, children are sick, etc...and she compensates him for that. Same for the sister with the food cart. He will fill in for her and whatever he makes for that day on the cart he keeps. The sister who is a seamstress sometimes needs help cutting out fabric and materials from a pattern. She will pay him to help with that occasionally. They all have families and things happen. Sometimes they just need a break or have other obligations and commitments. For example, his sister with the store in Poipet needed to take the baby to see the doctor in Siem Reap at the Children's Hospital. Cam traveled to Poipet to run the store for a couple of days. It is all about family supporting family for him.

Once the new house is finished, he plans to raise goats. That is the reason for building the more substantial fence around the property. He also wants to raise turtles in the pond on the farm where the rice fields are located. He said both would be a good source of income. He also has a good friend in his hometown who has a barbershop/hair salon. Keep in mind I have no idea if this is legal or even something regulated by the government, but his friend teaches others how to be a barber and has offered to teach Cam. Cam has already purchased the equipment necessary to get started, but has not actually started lessons yet because of the fence project. He said that probably won't happen until after the new house is finished. He does not have enough time for that now. Once he has been trained, he could either open his own shop pretty much anywhere we might live, or work in an established shop. As I said, I have no idea if a license is required or any type of certificate.

Thanks. Very interesting, sounds as if lots of things in the pipeline. Will you be taking an interest in local pursuits to keep yourself occupied?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.