Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Gay Thailand

This is the main forum for all things gay in Thailand. Post about specific events, places, activities, questions, and comments under the relevant city heading. If commenting on more than one city or other parts of Thailand, use the general comments section below. Keep the topics related to information on Thailand.

  1. Guest dekdek
    Started by Guest dekdek,

    Has anyone ever eaten in Maggie's, at the beach end of Threppassit road. I have heard that there are young friendly gay waiters. English style Breakfast's are ok, and priced accordingly. I think they only do Thai food during the day and evening.

    • 1 reply
    • 1.9k views
  2. Guest gay_grampa
    Started by Guest gay_grampa,

    I bought some lucky draw tickets at the Bangkok Gay Pride Festival in Lumpini Park last Saturday. They told me that the list of prize winners would be put up on their website and in the bars but I can

    • 4 replies
    • 2.3k views
  3. Today may not be the best day to do much money exchanging. At the moment I'm posting this, the exchange rate between the US dollar and the baht is 36.84. This is the first time since the Asian currency crash that the baht has been in the 36 to the US dollar range. This is expected to be short-lived, but who knows? A couple of months ago all the predictions were that the baht would stabilize between 41 to 42 per US dollar. That didn't happen. However, this time it looks like the BOT (Bank of Thailand) will probably intervene. Even they are saying the baht is too strong against other currencies. For those of you who have been following my daily exchange rate…

    • 10 replies
    • 4.6k views
  4. Guest poseidon41
    Started by Guest poseidon41,

    Short time Barcelona , 40 euros Short time Bangkok , 30 euros Long time Barcelona 100 - 150 euros. Long time Bangkok 40 - 100 euros. Not that much difference really.

    • 7 replies
    • 3.4k views
  5. Guest wowpow
    Started by Guest wowpow,

    <h1 align="center">Don

    • 2 replies
    • 2.6k views
  6. Started by Gaybutton,

    The following appears in THE NATION: _____ Surayud Meets Foreign Press Prime Minister Surayud Chulanont yesterday said the "people's right to know" had suffered under the previous administration of Thaksin Shinawatra, because of his government's "carrot and stick" approach to media management. "Report positively and you will be rewarded; report negatively and suffer the consequences," said Surayud at a dinner hosted by the Foreign Correspondents' Club of Thailand last night. Surayud said that over the past five years, Thais had "suffered from a deformed media environment". "Broadcast media were muzzled, news coverage was state-directed. I believ…

    • 1 reply
    • 1.7k views
  7. Guest rainwalker
    Started by Guest rainwalker,

    Has anyone taken a motorcycle tour of the LOS? I don't mean jumping on a 125 cc putt-putt and heading out from Pattaya to the Sri Racha Tiger Zoo but getting on a serious motorcycle and heading out to explore for a week or so. I think I want to do that - I ride a 1200 cc cruiser-style bike in Canada - and think that a 500 and up size bike would do the trick here. Any advice on renting big bikes and any suggestions as to where to go? Or is a motorcycle tour company the way to go? Anyone else want to do it? Here are just a few m/c tour places: http://www.thaimotorcycletours.com/ http://www.asiantrails.net/index.cfm?menuid=251 htt…

    • 8 replies
    • 3.9k views
  8. Guest mauRICE
    Started by Guest mauRICE,

    Pattaya City is attempting to regain its reputation with a PR DVD. Some notable quotes from: The fat English barkeeper - carping about the unfair portrayal of Pattaya as a sin city of sex tourists and brothel keepers by the British media and then two minutes later proudly boasts that all his 'girls' are checked for HIV regularly. The elderly Frenchman who cautions against falling in love with a bar-girl, "If you fall in love with a bar-girl, you're screwed!" The fat English barkeeper again - "Pattaya is so safe that sometimes people lose their street sense." (so very true!) I'm disappointed that none of our saintly Pattaya gay expats were interviewed…

    • 2 replies
    • 2.4k views
  9. Started by TotallyOz,

    I went to my first Visa run since the new regulations. It was a breeze. I was worried that there would be some problem but there was none. When I got back into Thailand, the guy simply marked my passport and my departure card with a number 1. This means this is my first of 3 entries allowed for the 90 days maximum. I didn

    • 6 replies
    • 3.1k views
  10. Guest Boxer
    Started by Guest Boxer,

    I am still getting enquiries about the old site been off-line so may I remind anyone interested that my web site "gay Thailand in Pictures" is on http://www.boxertravels.net not .com any more. Full pictures of Bangkok Pride Parade and Party in Park now live.

    • 0 replies
    • 1.6k views
  11. Guest Ood
    Started by Guest Ood,

    [size=2 Can any member advise if the hotel is still open? We have been trying to use both the hotels online general information email address and the hotels online reservation email address since Thursday past to book and arrange transport but have received no replies. Any help would be greatly accpeted as our flight leaves in only six days to LOS.

    • 1 reply
    • 2.4k views
  12. Guest wowpow
    Started by Guest wowpow,

    TIME Asia King Bhumibol Adulyadej Over 60 years, a beloved monarch has used his moral authority to guide Thailand through many crises By Robert Horn extract The odds were against him. All across Southeast Asia, monarchies were being extinguished

    • 0 replies
    • 1.8k views
  13. Started by TotallyOz,

    The new restaurant in Jomptien Complex is now open. I have not been in to try the food but it is top on my list. I was there 2 days ago as they were putting up some finishing touches on the place. To my delight, they have a manager that was one the best waitedrs at Luxor. He is the one guy in Pattaya I would marry and take away to America with me. If only he would be my bride. Anyway, the place looks absolutely amazing. It is well done and next-door to the Stone Grill. Has anyone tried this place? I would love to hear about it before I test it this week.

    • 4 replies
    • 2.3k views
  14. Guest wowpow
    Started by Guest wowpow,

    Some favourites: Khun Dani of Beach winner Dragoncastle and Gayrice's Sexy Swimwear Mr Rainy Season at G Star Mr Rainy Season at G Star again! How does one delete? Mr Tall Dark and Handsome Dance Pub Mr Perfect - Babylon http://www.gayrice.com/gay_asian_news/prid...al/homepage.htm

    • 0 replies
    • 5.5k views
  15. Guest GayPattayan
    Started by Guest GayPattayan,

    Hi, Guys. For the first time, I am posting the message sent out with the weekly report each week -- generally not much substance -- that is in the weekly report -- but the "intro" gives me a "link" to the subscribers to the weekly report on the Yahoo.com GayPattayanGroup. Just thought some of you might like to see what the "note" is about, and whether it adds to or detracts from the weekly report itself. -- Allen (G.P.) A slightly longer delay in getting the WR out this week than anticipated; I failed to send some photos to the webmaster that I had expected would be used, and he couldn't reach me without longer delay -- so we did without. I did not discu…

    • 0 replies
    • 1.3k views
  16. Guest wowpow
    Started by Guest wowpow,

    Samui operators protest rise in airfares SURAT THANI, Nov 4 (TNA) - Claiming over US$5 million in losses in just one month, tour operators in Thailand's popular southern resort of Koh Samui (Samui Island) are urging Transport Minister Admiral Thira Haocharoen to find ways to reduce airfares raised by Bangkok Airways recently. Threatening that Koh Samui residents and tour businesses will take drastic action--closing the island's airport--if their request is ignored, Seni Puvasettavorn, president of the Koh Samui Tourism Promotion Association, said tour operators and islanders have been hit hard by Bangkok Airways recent increase of its airfare by 20 per cent. …

    • 5 replies
    • 1.9k views
  17. Started by Gaybutton,

    The following appears in THE NATION: _____ O-Net Rules to be Strictly Adhered to Only First-Attempt Scores Accepted for University Entrance Students can take the Ordinary National Educational Test (O-Net) as many times as they want, but only the scores from the first attempt will be considered for admission applications, the chairman of the University Presidents Council of Thailand (UPCT) clarified yesterday. "This is in keeping with the concept behind the introduction of the O-Net and the new university admissions system," Pratya Vesarach said. The new student assessment method gives a 30-per-cent weighting to the grade point average (GPA) duri…

    • 0 replies
    • 1.4k views
  18. Note from GB: The written test referred to in the following article usually is not administered to "farang" applying for driver's licenses if they have an International Driving Permit and their own local driver's license in hand when applying for the Thai driver's license. BANGKOK, Nov 5 (TNA) Thailand's Land Transport Department will submit a proposal for issuing electronic driving licenses to motorists in Bangkok and outlying areas to Transport Minister Admiral Thira Haocharoen for his consideration next week, a senior ministry official said Sunday. Piyapan Champasut, director-general of the department, said both the study and equipment necessary for pr…

    • 0 replies
    • 1.4k views
  19. Guest GayPattayan
    Started by Guest GayPattayan,

    WEEKLY REPORT ON THAILAND FOR THIS WEEK DELAYED Sorry if this is happening "too often", but I feel I just can't get it out tonight! We have a seemingly immense amount of information on the events of the weekend, including especially the Bangkok Pride Parade on which Boxer of Boxer Travels has provided a large number of really fine photos of the parade and surrounding events, but also some additional information and photos from The Balcony in Bangkok; information of the Pattaya Gay Festival's next PGF dinner coming up very soon, and then the last week all out effort of the Pattaya Gay Festival, all the while with various bars getting more and more active. …

    • 3 replies
    • 1.9k views
  20. Guest Pearl69er
    Started by Guest Pearl69er,

    As Gaybutton has seen fit to delete many of my posts whilst claiming that is his right-he does not have the moral right to allow attacks upon a poster to stand without that poster being able to respond.( moderators of publicly accessible internet boards need to check recent court decisions if they think otherwise and I will be happy to forward them the information) Therefore those who repsonded to the "The 500 baht virgin " thread should re-read the thread and apologise for their accusations ( I don't expect this to happen so will let it stand as it is !). 1. I responded with my ideas about the subject and within that reply questioned Hedda's ideas. 2. Hedd…

    • 19 replies
    • 6.1k views
  21. Guest wowpow
    Started by Guest wowpow,

    [attachmentid=75] Sansuk sauna soon to cater to gay needs in Pattaya Sticky Rice Magazine Babylon-style Sansuk sauna will be another gay landmark in Pattaya By Suzy Size (the arguably most infamous gay writer of Thailand, based in wonderful Pattaya les bains) I bumped into Punya Ratana the other day. He is the owner of gay Howards Hotel and of Sansuk sauna, the new gay landmark in Pattaya that is supposed to open by the end of this month. So Punya naturally is very busy these days. All those queer little details that have to be taken care of, for instance a sign. Stylish Sansuk gay sauna in Pattaya is located on Thappraya Road (leading from Patta…

    • 2 replies
    • 1.9k views
  22. Started by TotallyOz,

    I know it will never happen in Pattaya, or in Thailand, but I would love to see a standard price for a short time. I think there are many that overpay and many that underpay. Part of the reason for this is the lack of knowledge many have as to what others are doing and part if just for personal reasons. There is a bar that charges 1200 baht off. This is 200 baht for the bar and 1k baht for the boy

    • 4 replies
    • 2.1k views
  23. Guest wowpow
    Started by Guest wowpow,

    [attachmentid=86] White Dick's Cafe Party [attachmentid=87] Halloween in Soi 4 [attachmentid=88] Issan party at Balcony Pub - is that hunky Wit again? Lots more photos on these website's galleries ://www.boxertravels.net/bkkpride06/index.htm http://www.balconypub.com/index.html http://dragoncastle.net/ http://www.dreadedned.com/

    • 0 replies
    • 1.3k views
  24. Guest Boxer
    Started by Guest Boxer,

    The Winners and Mr Popular pick your own. [attachmentid=89]

    • 4 replies
    • 2.5k views
  25. Started by TotallyOz,

    This bar was once a lady bar. The owners sold out and a new group took over and made the place a gay haven. This bar has some of the sexiest guys in Pattaya. The show is a lot of fun and the guys that work the places are handsome. My only complaint is that often at Showtime, there is no room for seats. I wish they would find a new bar location that would accommodate the size. They have a great thing going and I would love to see them in a larger place where they could shine more.

    • 1 reply
    • 1.8k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.