vinapu

Man hunting in Bangkok - report of trip of June 2016

vinapu has his priorities in order.

Many older farangs cling to every baht and miss out on the time of their lives. You can live out your

dreams and fantasies, even if you're morbidly obese, ugly as sin and old as the hills, but it will cost you some baht.

I hope it does not leave readers with impression that I'm all those underscored things LOL

@vinapu, what kind of tea is it? I never seen tea served in tawan before.

Tea was mentioned in Pattaya part of report  / ABomb /, at Tawan they don't serve hot drinks but many other bars in BKK and PTY do. 

While ago Christian mentioned that when bar hopping it's easier to drink  a tea  than get saturated with all those soft drinks or beer not to mention even water which is animal's  domain to drink , not human's,  but some still do.

I borrowed that idea and executed. If going to one bar only I still stick to my beer 

Hope there is a LP trip report in the pipeline Traveller

We really enjoyed the trip but it was all about the ambience and the food.

We didn't find any gay bars or gay massage, so sorry nothing to report in that direction.

But if you are taking your special guy and want a hotel and restaurant recommendation I can supply both. 

I recalled someone mentioning they did a 2nd round in the morning for long time off of boys in Pattaya...

But I always wonder IF "it goes without saying" that long time off for Tawan Boys is also the same. Any experienced off-er could shed some lights on this? :)

there's always  novel option of leaving whole thing till morning. Beauty of long time off among other things is that instead of bar hopping and splitting hair which boy is the most suitable to take home , one has boy , warmed up right there.

And it goes even without saying then long time off provides much more economical boy-hour than short time one.

One hour with Saranrom boy  will cost minimum 500, the same than grossly overpaid  8 hrs at 4000

Day 10

When boy left I suggested we go to a Central Festival mall since I never been there. During day Pattaya is quite boring for me , statement which seems to rile both firecat and 1moRussian. Both on  a separate occasion s suggested that one way of fighting daytime spleen is to take boy / s/ for a trip to Koh Larn.

As soon as we crossed Beach Rd to walk toward the mall along the sand I recalled it when tout offered speed boat to the island for a meagre 3500 baht waiting included. Steep in relation to 60 baht ferry costs but did I mentioned I  was in good mood. Left Alek there , went back to the room since I did not have that much money on me  and in few minutes we were speeding toward the sunset or whatever.

Thank you both gentlemen , not my idea of fun exactly because I like mountains  and ruins not water and sand but for a change it was great. From ChristianPFC’s   blog I recalled there is some hiking option on the island  and as soon as we approached landing  beach I saw some statue high  up there spoiling Alek’s mood immediately when I told him I want to go there . Beach is very pleasant  and water much , much cleaner than in Pattaya so no wonder island is so popular.

Walking along the beachfront Alek showed me some famous local treats liker durian toffees   and some fish snacks and I got a hint that I should buy him some. In a sense it was an eye opener to watch when he weights if 200 baht package is not too expensive compared to smaller 100 baht one .

We use to think nothing about 100 baht  but for them is actually lot on money which was obvious. Even more toughing was to see that he really doesn’t want to  stretch my expenses to a upsetting point  but loosen up a bit when I told him that where I live bus ticket costs more than 100 baht. So we bought this and that for him and his friend in the bar he mentioned fondly as his mentor / #31/.

At end of walkway his salvation  come, motorsai rental for 300 a day. Immediately he suggested that we rent one and he will drive me everywhere / likely hoping I will not have a time for this stupid hiking to the local MT Everest/ Little knows he about me but I let him have it and shotly world saw us crossing  tiny island here and there , stopping along the way for an ice cream and on another beach to get few ‘ I know what you are thinking ‘ reprimands.

Great pleasure sitting close to his fit body and holding to his hips and at times below . And  there was this side road I asked him to turn in. No, not to find bushes but to go to a statue on the hill. I left him there since he flatly refused to climb with me so I went alone to a peak to get a peek of the island, sea and Pattaya in the distance. We were both happy, me climbing and him not.

It was an afternoon already so we called boat to be ready and soon we were speeding toward Pattaya.

Not exactly cheap but nevertheless enjoyable trip, thank you firecat and 1moRussian for an inspiration.

On the firm land we went to Wat Chai market to buy another local specialty, some kind of fish in a jar and again I could see that there’s big difference for boys between 150 and 250 but I was not keen on seeing my boy suffering and bought him bigger more expensive jar again to see him very happy at relatively low expense.

Then I thought after all that climbing I deserve a massage so boy went to the room and I crossed soi to Copa where I spotted some muscular hunk and went for 450 / 1000 treat . I told boy just massage and I’m glad he did not pay much attention to my specifications.

Then Alek  and I  went for a dinner to the same place not only because delicious food but to get another  glimpse of cute waiter. Over the meal we decided to hire another companion for a night and I suggested Toy Boys for a change.

Quite busy bar , several customers, boys quite lively on the stage and again I left to Alek to pick up suitable candidate. He found somebody , we called him over , bought him a drink and sealed deal unfortunately  for a short time only since he couldn’t or did not want to stay till morning.

When we were ready to go all of the sudden Alek had a change of mind since another suitor declared long time willingness. There I have problem, I left decision to Alek, he is dumping boy over technicality and I had a feeling that is not fair to the boy so I decided to slip him promised tip and tell him he is free tonight at no monetary loss. He accepted his fate with smile and likely I’d too in the same position  but I wouldn’t feel well if we just dumped him and told him to leave. Waste of money for a piece of mind , worth 1500 trouble.

But substitute boy did not work out even close to the one from last night,  at least Alek did not like him after all so whole task of  entertaining boy was   left for me , not an unpleasant chore  on my part. So night activities proven both expensive and only partial fun. Chalked it to experience , in the morning boy got his tip and left before Alek even woke up finishing day 10 for me. 

there's always  novel option of leaving whole thing till morning. Beauty of long time off among other things is that instead of bar hopping and splitting hair which boy is the most suitable to take home , one has boy , warmed up right there.

And it goes even without saying then long time off provides much more economical boy-hour than short time one.

One hour with Saranrom boy  will cost minimum 500, the same than grossly overpaid  8 hrs at 4000

I guess that means doing the deed either before sleep or after wake up :). Unless the boy initialize it, otherwise I would actually be contented with just 1 round. Going for 2nd rounds are more likely for boys who are in their 20s. Most probably not for Tawan men in their 30s. And definitely not for me.

I hope it does not leave readers with impression that I'm all those underscored things LOL

I wondered if anyone would take my very broad generalization of the majority of farangs in Pattaya personally. Of course, it's

nothing personal as vinapu is neither morbidly obese, ugly or ancient.

Many expats refer to big spenders as two week

millionaires and almost all expats have bfs, or regulars they see frequently or use the gay hookup websites, and full service

massage joints. The gay beach at Jomtien used to be full of opportunities but now it's mostly old Germans in thongs, which is a gross exaggeration, and really gross.

Nice to hear you took the plunge for the speedboat. Too bad you never made it to Food Court in Central Festival!

it was kind of spur of the moment and I even may be inclined to repeat in the future.

As for the mall, that's inconvenience of having boy in tow, at times he may have his own ideas of spending time / and my money/

it was kind of spur of the moment and I even may be inclined to repeat in the future.

As for the mall, that's inconvenience of having boy in tow, at times he may have his own ideas of spending time / and my money/

Actually, you can stay a night at Ko Larn, but don't choose a hotel close to the village peer. But no boys bar there...

Looks like it's quite safe to visit a mall with Alek (not so with said Win :) )

If this island is similar in distance to coral island, then that was money well spent. We took the speedboat as well, and even then got sea sick during the journey. Imagine what could have happened if we took the slower boat.

Love your reports. Will you be putting all your trips into a blog?

thank you, blog highly unlikely but if you want I can send you links to all my trip reports placed in this forum since 2013 when i joined

Actually, you can stay a night at Ko Larn, but don't choose a hotel close to the village peer. But no boys bar there...

Looks like it's quite safe to visit a mall with Alek (not so with said Win :) )

it is quite tempting , boy can be taken from PTY or even arranged to come by the ferry.

Your comparison is spot on , monetary speaking I found Alek undemanding at all and with lesser appetite but Win has his advantages too - did not try to be my boyfriend

If this island is similar in distance to coral island, then that was money well spent. We took the speedboat as well, and even then got sea sick during the journey. Imagine what could have happened if we took the slower boat.

no idea where Coral Island is but old Pattaya hands may help. We did not have problem with seasickness  but sea was quiet that day. No doubt in my mind that money was well spent, it was fun.   

I appreciate your reports and look forward to each day's installment.  Thanks...I've learned much that I've applied to my own land of smiles visits.  I especially am enjoying following your stream of conscious reporting about your decision making process and that of Alek.  You remain the emperor of kindness.

I appreciate your reports and look forward to each day's installment.  Thanks...I've learned much that I've applied to my own land of smiles visits.  I especially am enjoying following your stream of conscious reporting about your decision making process and that of Alek. 

Thank you ,I'm not short of self-esteem but your comment actually made my day.

I'm glad I spent those  hours typing  useful or enjoyable things. If I can inspire somebody to improve their own vacation time , even better. I grew up in a family which considered vacations more important than worldly possessions and I learned to cherish every moment of time off.

I understand other may have different priorities, that is what makes life colorful and corporations rich 

You remain the emperor of kindness.

stop swearing at me LOL :rolleyes:

it is quite tempting , boy can be taken from PTY or even arranged to come by the ferry

Yep, from PTT :)

By the ferry :)

And a motorcycle could be rented for the whole 24 hours, not just daytime :)

Although never made it to the top of the mountain :)

(Still smiling remembering)