vinapu

Man hunting in Bangkok - report of trip of June 2016

Thanks for the economics report.  I tend to spend more on hotels and less on massage but the daily average is about the same.  Two things that I do that you may not...I keep what ever baht I have left for my next visit.  And, since I plant myself at one  hotel (Tarntawan), on leaving I tip the evening security guard for watching over the documentation of my "guests".  He's been there for years and takes care of me and my guests.

Add me to the ever growing list of those who will miss your reports until they begin again the future.

Well firstly thanks to Vinapu in providing excellent reports.   Also, do continue to pay what you want.   I'm hoping your Bill Gates style expenditure again stretches to you being out there when I am later in the year .

However, when any one is particularly generous or particularly mean, it will be discussed here.

In defence of generosity, I think there was an analogy to an aircraft seat in a previous post.    My reply to that would be I don't like to pay $1200 for a $900 seat, as if I conduct my entire life like that, my personal finances would be in a less robust state.   Thankfully it's a diverse world, so not everyone thinks the same.    As this is a human-human transaction (not an aircraft seat), a little generosity might be in order.   Paying 33% on top of an already generous baseline is a lot of generosity.

Regarding My Expenditure

My flight tends to cost about £900, due to peak season and taxes imposed by our greedy politicians.

Bangkok

Including hotels, I might spend 7~8000 baht a day in Bangkok, but do not stay there for long.   Short time offs from bars are ~1200 to the bar, plus a short time tip of not less than 1500.   

Planet Romeo short time might well be 1000 ~1300 baht.  Some only ask for 1000, but any deserving cases get more.   

As I am not sleeping well due to jet lag at the start of the trip, I do not bother with long time in Bangkok.

Pattaya

I spend about 5000 a day, including hotels.  My min tip would be 1000 ST & 1500 LT, although 95% of bar boys would get 2~300 more than that.

My daily budget is set at 1000 above the previous year's spend, but in practice, I live a nice lifestyle without needing to dip into that.  Thailand has a low inflation rate, like many countries these days.

Other Destinations.

When going out into other regions on a more cultural tour, my daily spend tends to drop.

Places like Sukothai and Katnhanaburi have lots to see, but no money boys means a big reduction in expenditure. 

Hotels can also be cheaper.

Two things that I do that you may not...I keep what ever baht I have left for my next visit.  And, since I plant myself at one  hotel (Tarntawan), on leaving I tip the evening security guard for watching over the documentation of my "guests".  He's been there for years and takes care of me and my guests.

I rarely have any leftover baht other than handful of coins. I usually bust my budget toward the end and take money from ATM to tidy me over till departure. Usually I estimate pretty closely of what I need.

Yes , when I stay in Tarntawan I do exactly the same, tip that guy 100 baht for his troubles.

Guest abang1961

Allow me to indulge too...

I was in Thailand for a total of 17 days but I wasn't the RICH farang type and I've yet to accept money boys.  

As I've said earlier, I did have 3 sexual encounters in the sauna.

At Chiangmai, I topped 2 guys.

At Sansuk, I bottom for a guy.

Surprise, surprise..they were all Thais.

Sadly, there were few no farangs during my visits and given the limited pool of potentials, I chose sticky rice over potato.

At Sansuk, I did chatted with a long-time resident from Belgium.   He commented that the young Russians are no longer vacationing overseas as their currency had dipped tremendously.  Otherwise, I could have had a field day with Russian dicks.

Since I wasn't spending off-fee, I channeled my resources to shopping .. I bought better quality leather shoes and a mobile phone. The urge to get a new phone was just too immense... and to my utter astonishment, prices in Pattaya is lower than that in Singapore. Now I have a smart phone with a better back and front camera...

So to each his own.  Just as I stepped into my flight home, I promised myself..many more trips to LOS to come/cum.

.. Vinapu.. i am afraid we will be seeing a lot of Arena boys 

Nothing to be afraid, Arena  was always my favorite massage place even without Hero boys , now it looks it will be even closer to heaven.

I got a word though that my favorite Hero man ,  O, went to Prince, 

So it looks higher class massage places are being concentrated in Silom area and only Banana and Urban Male are left in lower Sukhumvit area with recent  deaths of Hero, Uniman and Guy Spa.  

As long as I know former premises of HIS massage in the Silom Plaza are still unused, perhaps somebody will get an idea to resurrect HERO there to create healthy competition.

Even top class  chicken with cashew nuts is being served on the ground level with new restaurant moved there from soi 9.

Good news are piling up  for Silom it seems. 

Paid standard hero minimum tip which is higher than the published arena minimum.

I'm glad to hear that. I always pay the same regardless of what stated minimum is so Arena and Bangkok Massage soi Twilight  boys are always beneficiaries while Hero , Senso , VClub and Prince boys are getting their minimum as suggested.

But it's just me, unjustly suspected Bill Gates's illegitimate older brother

Just read this entire report, seems like you had a blast! Sounds like a great vacation. Great report! I will remember some of these numbers and hopefully they'll be there when I get there since that is the only bar I plan on visiting too :)

I'm glad you liked it. Yes I did, I was taught at home to take vacations seriously and don't waste time for stupid things like  doing noting. Still think Dec 2015 trip was my best ever to LOS, all odd 5.5 out of 5 or better.

Smile at boys at Tawan and Arena  from me !

Vinapu, I just remembered that after my first trip report, back in October 13, you said that you never visited Tawan before... Glad you compensated for that ;)

That's correct.

How it happened I was so stupid I don't know but I guess all that board talks about boys there being demanding , lazy, primadonnas etc made me hesitant until finally in Nov 2013 I dragged Dreamboys boy with me there just for  a show and on next trip  I braved to off ST my first boy / named Boy / from there.

On my last trip as reported above I was practically on Tawan monodiet and I don't have feeling I have enough. So yes , I'm catching up for all those wasted years fast.