vinapu

Man hunting in Bangkok - report of trip of June 2016

what they are asking and what they are getting is usually different thing. Nothing wrong with trying to get more and some punters either not knowing rate or used to paying much , much more at home may fork out  amount requested.

Quite a few boys asked me 4000-5000 but quickly went down to 3000 offered and who knows , may be would even accept less.

It's marked economy for both , us and them.

I don't have problem with that but if rate was agreed to it should be sticked to  and requesting more is big no, no  for me, even if it's just 100 baht for taxi.

Given the percentage of "newbie" visitors or people passing through Bangkok on business, it would be almost negligent of the boys not to push their luck and ask for more.   The client should expect this and be ready to stick to a reasonable price, if the money matters to them.

Actually paying up 4000 in your favourite bar, at the start of the trip might prove expensive, considering they all the boys talk to each other. In this case, it might be appropriate to agree the fee up front for the rest of the trip ?

Of course if your bank balance is on a par with Bill Gates, it might well make sense to pay 4000, so the best boys are queuing up.  I'm not planning to pay that any time soon.

Actually paying up 4000 in your favourite bar, at the start of the trip might prove expensive, considering they all the boys talk to each other. In this case, it might be appropriate to agree the fee up front for the rest of the trip ?

Of course if your bank balance is on a par with Bill Gates, it might well make sense to pay 4000, so the best boys are queuing up.  I'm not planning to pay that any time soon.

This is what upset me as well when I had that request, I thought I'm cooked with such high fee and all boys will be demanding the same but to my relief and their credit it only happened twice more in the whole trip, handling will be reported in due course.

So yes they talk and know what we paid / all my boys subsequently offed knew that I paid 4000 to #47 / and yes they accepted their 3000 baht fate. Two who wanted more at least did not use an argument that I paid that much to their friend.

Fact that almost everybody was offed more then once and if was not,  at least I was asking for them in bar in days of their absence probably did not escape their attention I guess. Most boys rather be offed twice  for 3000 than once for 4000.

As for agreeing up front - I always do beginning from second off on my trip nr 1 back in 2001. It's why additional requests are pissing me off immensely.

Talking about overpaying 1000 per session in relation to Bill Gates wealth is going overboard. It's only 30$ times 12 =360, . lots of money but certainly not worth  losing sleep over even for somebody of meager means like me.

As for planning of paying - sometimes we need to weigh if we should stand by our principles , whatever they are  and risk of creating scene or commotion or just let it go.  I had a case back in 2013 when I stand my ground to lazy and greedy Dreamboy boy and I don't recall it fondly. Sure I saved money but standoff was upsetting enough to spoil vacations quite a bit.

At end of day we need to make our own move when confronted by lazy or greedy boy, my option is to pay him to leave since it happens rarely enough. In 13 trips I recall 5 offs where I think my money was wasted, 15000 baht total, 1153 per  trip, by sheer coincidence this is what taxi from my place to the airport costs. 

thanks for the reports Vinapu - enjoy reading them.  I  was thinking about staying at the Raya Hotel in November but not sure I could maintain the high standards you have set there :lol:

Thank you, you have a good heart ! Some may find them boring for lack of graphics but there are parts i like to leave just to myself and boys.

What standards you are talking about? Whoring? I may be a bit progressive when comes to number of visitors and length of their stay in my room but Raya people across the street from Patpong and beside soi Twilight likely saw it all and more. I saw plenty in my 8 days there.

But yes , I recommend Raya as long as one is willing for fork out a bit more for an accommodation. 

I felt pampered there.

As for planning of paying - sometimes we need to weigh if we should stand by our principles , whatever they are  and risk of creating scene or commotion or just let it go.  I had a case back in 2013 when I stand my ground to lazy and greedy Dreamboy boy and I don't recall it fondly. Sure I saved money but standoff was upsetting enough to spoil vacations quite a bit.

I'm different. I stand by my principles, and for the few cases I encountered lazy and demanding boys, I relish the memories of showing them their place. And it is indeed that combination "lazy and demanding", a boy who is just lazy but not demanding, I would send him away with standard tip or a bit less; and a boy who is good in bed and demanding, I would tip him more than average because I want to see him again. But lazy and demanding shall not be encouraged by ChristianPFC by caving in to unwarranted money requests.

My favorite such encounter (not even sex, just gay disco with intention), shared before but so good, worth sharing again:

One more “Walking ATM” incident that I had no place to report. In September last year (2013), I went to Fake Pub (near Chatuchak Market currently 2016 in Ratchada). It was packed, there were few other Farang and few cute boys. One of the cute boys was smiling at me and invited me to his table. He was dancing in front of me and grabbing my crotch. I was thinking feverishly if I would go with him, because seeing him from close he was not that attractive any more.

Finally he asked me if I would contribute some money for their drinks. Now that got my brain spinning at highest speed. Money for drinks for a boy with whom I would not go to my room after disco? Maybe 100 or 200 Baht, for the sake of Thai-German friendship. While I was still thinking, he bursted out: “1000 Baht?”. “Sorry, cannot.” Thereupon the impression on his face changed: “Just go!” and he handed my my bottle of beer that I had put on their table. Made my day and I am still chuckling when I think back about this sudden change.

Vinapu, #47 is the lean chinese looking guy. Not a bulky/ripped bodybuilder?

Are you changing the names of the boys on your post, coz the boyz don't know any soda, alek, etc that you mentioned in the previous posts.

Vinapu, #47 is the lean chinese looking guy. Not a bulky/ripped bodybuilder?

Are you changing the names of the boys on your post, coz the boyz don't know any soda, alek, etc that you mentioned in the previous posts.

yes, that's him. I'm not offing bulky bodybuilders - too big for me. He is Lao

I'm not changing any names, they are recorded as they presented themselves to me. Some names may be distorted due to pronunciation or boys may be using more than one nick.

Keep in mind their bar friends may know them by their real names, quite the same like here on the forum . To some members we are known by our nick , to others by real name.

Since from post in another thread it looks you are there just call them over and ask their name, you can even tip Alek #20 if you want.

Hope this cleared your concerns

... #47 was trying to get my attention again but I went only for shaking hands and saying halloo,

I wonder if #47 ever wonder why you never book him a 2nd time despite his effort in getting your attention.

The boys talked about tips given by clients among themselves. Shouldn't they also share experiences & talk about the big NO in demanding more tips on top of the agreed amount? Moreover, they should also realized that based on the client's experience with the boy, it is either words of praise or words of criticism that get spread around.