Guest whall

High season?

Guest abang1961

It was terribly low season now in Thailand.

The restaurants were half-filled and at Krabi, tours were sold at 1/3 of the advertised prices.

The saunas lacked eye-candies.

Where are the men? 

Each year low season seems lower than the one before in terms of visitors. I've just returned home from Pattaya and my impression is that this one is particularly bad. Sunee was almost deserted- at least the host bars were.I don't know about the go go bars. Boyztown was much the same as last year. Quiet but interesting enough.

One thing that had changed for the worse was the number of guys on Planet Romeo; perhaps 30% down. I suspect that is partly due to the increased popularity of Hornet.

The malls were quieter too; fewer Chinese groups, the Russian influence barely discernible.

Expect fewer British visitors now that we've become Little Britain and our currency pays the price.

Guest abang1961

OMG...BRExit means Thailand losing another pool of visitors.

Since the Russians ain't coming, now it is the Brits...

Perhaps the Thai boys/men can do a little song and dance aka Eliza Dolittle's Loverly...

Where is that warm feet, warm hands, warm face?

Expect fewer British visitors now that we've become Little Britain and our currency pays the price.

I like that expression "Little Britain" if history is teaching us something it is that when patriotic feelings are on the rise, ,trouble brews, I hope I'm wrong

In general the 'high season' in Thailand is Mid-November ~ Mid March.

If you want high + really high, then knock off the November and March head and tail.

Strange thing is plane ticket prizes are cheapest in this period. Low season (for example August) has the highest ticket prize.

Thailand is one of the very few countries in the world where it is more cheaper to go there in high season than low season.

Someone tried to explain me once, but I keep finding it a mystery.

I think the explanation concerns the world wide demand for aircraft across the world. Whilst the demand for seats to and from Thailand is lower, across the world it is much higher in July/August owning to this being the holiday season in Europe and North America.

I visit Pattaya in both high and low season and both have their advantages. One negative which appears to be the case just now is that it's the rainy season and trying to get my ration of sun and sea Is distinctly difficult. On the other hand hotels are cheaper and the traffic is not so awful. I am disapointed to hear that the gay areas are very quiet and dislike being in gogo's and bars being the only customer or part of a very small audience.

Guest whall

Are the gogo bars really packed during high season? Like I said, I went in October last year and was the only one in a lot of them. Was uncomfortable.

I was in Pattaya in January this year, supposely high season and the bars were certainly not packed. I've never been during Christmas/New Year which is described as Peak Season - maybe that's the busy time.

There is no doubt that Pattaya has declined as a sex tourist destination for both gay and straight. I first visited in 2002 and remember the scene in Boystown and Sunnee - busy bars and many willing boys. Very Sad. Why ?.

Guest abang1961

But nowadays, there are 1.2 potential tourists from China who will come anytime of the year but especially around Chinese New Year holidays and the October national day holidays.

Not only that but the exodus of Chinese is now very possible as flights are no longer that expensive.

When I was in Chiangmai a fortnight ago, for every farang, there were 2 mainlanders.

They are good for the domestic economy - they simply BUY the shop...

All year round, students (and their parents) arrive in Thailand during school holidays. Allow me to warn you, July and August is the HIGH season too as China and Hongkong schools are closed... Through conversations with mainlanders, they find it cheaper to visit Thailand than to go to Shanghai's Disneyland.

For me the only difference between High and Low season is the weather. I pay the same for my apartments in Pattaya and the same for my Hotels in BKK. Boys want the same money and there are always a good supply.

Yes you have to plan earlier for High season in order to get the place you want to live but that is about it..

I hate rainy season and will always try to avoid it but sometimes fail.

It's more like 50 Chinese to 1 European/American. If we count the ethnic Chinese from South East Asia, then it would be even more.

not surprising considering flying distance.

Boys can only hope that mainlanders will start offing , not just visiting bars for  a show and than leave as soon as show is over.

On last trip I was wittiness of it in Tawan few times and it bordered on ridiculous, full house and few minutes later only few clients left just like boat from Grand Palace on Saphan Taksin pier. 

I'm friends with a Chinese guy who works in Bangkok as an engineer. He assures me that those Chinese who travel individually, not as part of one of these infamous tour groups, do quite often off boys. And their numbers are increasing, so there's hope.

Stop crying for the poor boys. Paulsf in the Dreamboys thread makes it plain that there are plenty of offs and many take place before the Show.

Do you really think 80-100 boys would come there every night if they were never offed. Most customers equals most offs.

As i said in that thread I'm sure no other Bar has a better % of offs.

I've been to Thailand almost every year for the past quarter century, always in high season. Three years ago I went during the rainy season. I loved it. It seemed to me there were about a third the number of farang roaming the streets. In Babylon I get mostly shrugs in January, but I was quite a hit in June, scoring a couple of model level guys for free. And I was 63 then with a rather average physique (although I do color my hair and it's very attractive indeed!)

And as an added bonus, there were the dramatic thunder and lightning storms.

I loved Bangkok in June!

Guest whall

Interesting. I just hated being the only one in the gogo bars and all the boys trying to get me to go home with them. You think it would be a sexual fantasy, but I was uncomfortable.

Guest abang1961

Well this has nothing to do with High or Low Season in Thailand.

I wish to highlight that the health condition of the Thai monarch.  It worries me a little when I was in Thailand last month.  I was so afraid that the clubs may have to be closed in the event of ...

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/world/thai-doctors-drain-water/2926916.html

Guest abang1961

OK i dont want to make myself a kill-joy.

Things can only get better in Thailand...

I would like to share a comical gig shown on Singapore TV some months ago.

The actor is impersonating a Thai ..and his comments about farangs ..so true..

Prepare to laugh your socks off ..

I like that expression "Little Britain" if history is teaching us something it is that when patriotic feelings are on the rise, ,trouble brews, I hope I'm wrong

You might want to revisit your patriotism regarding 'Little Britain' after watching a few of these puppies. Are these the folks who voted 'Leave'? Possibly.

Hilarious and unbelievably crude, small town England was never funnier.

And bye the bye, after visiting my guy's home in Nang Mut in Surin Province last week I found out that, apparently, we are in fact the only-gays-in-the-village.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LYzEO_xaAA