Guest shamahan

United Kingdom as we know it is over

Guest shamahan

I see a number of jerks on Gaybutton "message forum" express a satisfaction with the result of British referendum. Yes, this is "the win" of "law educated", nationalistic zombies but this is the end of  UK as we know it. First and foremost the whole thing is due to one person , David Cameron who simply ran out of luck. He was extremely lucky in getting majority in previous elections. In fact, conservative party almost did not gain any new votes and the outcome was entirely due to reallignment between Labour party, Scottish nationalists, liberals and ultra right. He was also extremely lucky in winning previous referendum about Scotland separation (and obviously now it is only a matter of time before Scotland will leave UK). Moreover, Catholic majority in Norther Ireland (which overwhelmingly voted to "remain") will resume demands of unification with Ireland. On top of that London as financial Centre of Europe is doomed. And realistically, what else UK has to offer?

It is dangerous times when demagogues like Farange are "winning". What  next? Fascist Trump as US president?

it pains me to agree with what you said but alas it seems I can't not :-(    

The bloody Germans in two world wars ( and the rest of the Europeans via Europe ) couldn't beat or break up the UK as an entity whereas now it seems we're determined to make one hell of a job doing that all to ourselves :-(   Sad times.

And almost the most annoying part is now listening to the whinging fucks on TV saying "ohhhh, if only I knew that 350 million a week going back to the NHS was a "mistake" then I'd have voted differently, I think they should have a re run"  - yeah cause THAT'S SO not going to happen now !  Talk about closing the stable door after the horse has bolted ! :-(   Stupid fucks. 

Calling Trump fascist is gross exaggeration  but otherwise I agree with what both of you said.

It seems Western world is slowly but surely getting into grip of populists, nationalists and demagogues  and this in not a nice perspective if history is teaching us anything.

But as they say , nation had spoken and nation will bear burden,  if any,  of that collective decision. Any politician can now say 'this is what you wanted".

I wonder what Scotland will do  but nationalists there would be stupid of not seizing the new opportunity and call another independence vote very soon.

And almost the most annoying part is now listening to the whinging fucks on TV saying "ohhhh, if only I knew that 350 million a week going back to the NHS was a "mistake" then I'd have voted differently, I think they should have a re run"  - yeah cause THAT'S SO not going to happen now !  Talk about closing the stable door after the horse has bolted ! :-(   Stupid fucks. 

You are allowing yourself to be influenced by the pro-EU elements of the media trying to portray people who voted out as stupid & having regrets.

The leave voters I know are mostly university educated and delighted with the results. 

Meanwhile, we hear German politicians saying they must make it unattractive to leave, otherwise more countries will do that.   That's an iron curtain type mentality.   What they should concentrate on it making it more attractive to stay.  

For example, had they removed the requirement for the UK to make a net £8 billion contribution to subsidise other countries, done something to moderate the movements of people to a reasonable level & curtailed the power of the unelected commission, even I might have voted remain.

Scotland has a problem. Any exit from the UK needs oil prices to be a lot higher than they are or they will have a huge budget deficit. As for the UK, the entire political system appears to be in meltdown. Every person you speak to has a different idea of what Brexit means other than the unreal promises made by the leave campaign made which they are already backtracking on. Given that 75% of MPs were for remain, I don't see the mess being sorted any time soon.

Meanwhile, we hear German politicians saying they must make it unattractive to leave, otherwise more countries will do that.   That's an iron curtain type mentality.  

In USA when the Southern States decided to leave the Union, President Abraham Lincoln made it very unattractive for the South.  Fortunately that is not an option  in the case of the UK and EU. 

You are allowing yourself to be influenced by the pro-EU elements of the media trying to portray people who voted out as stupid & having regrets.

The leave voters I know are mostly university educated and delighted with the results. 

No, if you read what I said i.e

"And almost the most annoying part is now listening to the whinging fucks on TV saying "ohhhh, if only I knew that 350 million a week going back to the NHS was a "mistake" then I'd have voted differently, I think they should have a re run"  - yeah cause THAT'S SO not going to happen now !  Talk about closing the stable door after the horse has bolted ! :-(   Stupid fucks."

So THAT is EXACTLY what i meant as I was literally watching them on various TV channels, saying that very thing, over and over again.   So no, sorry I stand by my comment and in fact repeat it - the stupid fucks for believing the NHS lie, even after it was admitted to be so BEFORE the vote be several in the LEAVE campaign even ! 

​As for the rest of your post re If they had removed the requirement to etc etc.......then you'll get no argument from me there, expect I think we should have been IN and arguing for those things on an ongoing basis and not out and saying that's why we left.

That's direct democracy in a nutshell. The coffin dodgers (given the demographics), the uneducated and those on the dole come out on top. That said, while "Europe" is a great idea, the EU is also great in making a mess, so it's understandable that its institutions and many of the regulations they come up with are unpopular.

The Brexit proponents are basically gamblers, I think. If the UK is the proverbial first brick in the wall, being the first to leave might ultimately prove beneficial. But what if not? Then the Brexit will sink the UK. I think it's impossible to predict which one it will be, as of now.

There's also Canadian approach to the  ' leave or stay' problem.

In 90'  after Quebec referendum  which almost resulted in separation of that province clear set of rules on leaving was set i.e. clear  majority must respond 'yes' to clear question.

Surprisingly perhaps this resulted in silencing , at least for now  ' leave ' movement.

In Britain nation has spoken clearly and there are only two options available , pack up and leave or call another sobering up referendum.

In breakdown of relationship if one spouse decides to leave , other has only one option, open door wide but why to help packing? Hence voices to make leave option  to look unattractive IMHO. 

Guest abang1961

Will BRexit starts a proliferation/ precedence?

Will more countries within the EU seek to "divorce"?

OK since joining the EU, food prices and labour cost came down but the annual subscription and the impending migrant policies were astronomical.  I am not an economist but a statistician by training, UK may be fragmented if Scotland chose to break away.

The empire is really setting...what's left...we really need GOD to save the Queen (s). :growl:  :growl:  

Will BRexit starts a proliferation/ precedence?

Will more countries within the EU seek to "divorce"?

nobody knows answer to those questions hence great uneasiness over the result which may turns out as trigger for monumental changes or big yawn or everything in between.

Certainly European politics became more interesting overnight, only thing we know for sure  

Only thing I know is Trump is such a dope he praised it while in a country that voted overwhelmingly to stay.

I pray he can't find enough stupid people to vote for him.

The really interesting thing is it appears most voters in the Great Britain had no idea about the ramifications and if a re- vote was held stay would win easily.

The really interesting thing is it appears most voters in the Great Britain had no idea about the ramifications and if a re- vote was held stay would win easily.

And that is exactly what the 'Remain' campaigners would like you to believe; reality on the ground is very different.

Bunches of 'sour grapes' are selling very well in London at the moment I believe.

You guys miss my point.

The lefties @ the BBC search out the morons to portray a certain image of the Leave voter.

If you prefer to accept that portrayal, well, fine. Just remember there are morons on both sides. There have been any number of vacuous pro EU students interviewed before the vote (mostly doing third rate courses,as far as I can tell). Pro EU, but without a single reason why.

Also some extraordinarily bright Leave voters.

You guys miss my point.

The lefties @ the BBC search out the morons to portray a certain image of the Leave voter.

If you prefer to accept that portrayal, well, fine. Just remember there are morons on both sides. There have been any number of vacuous pro EU students interviewed before the vote (mostly doing third rate courses,as far as I can tell). Pro EU, but without a single reason why.

Also some extraordinarily bright Leave voters. Every one of them that I know is either highly educated or very successful, frequently both.

There's also Canadian approach to the  ' leave or stay' problem.

In 90'  after Quebec referendum  which almost resulted in separation of that province clear set of rules on leaving was set i.e. clear  majority must respond 'yes' to clear question.

Surprisingly perhaps this resulted in silencing , at least for now  ' leave ' movement.

In Britain nation has spoken clearly and there are only two options available , pack up and leave or call another sobering up referendum.

In breakdown of relationship if one spouse decides to leave , other has only one option, open door wide but why to help packing? Hence voices to make leave option  to look unattractive IMHO.

I think I am correct that it was 95 not 90 and the movement itself helped destroy the economy of Quebec for years. Many of the largest companies moved out of Montreal and went to Toronto.

Quebec's economy and especially real estate values suffered for years and even with that it keeps coming up as the Francophones want to leave Canada . Even now health care sucks compared to the rest of Canada and the workers are more heavily taxed without the same benefits.

Unfortunately even if they get a re-vote major damage has probably been done to the economy of Great Britain.

leaving EU is manageable but how you guys will cope with losing today 1-2 to Iceland of all countries is beyond my immagination

Wales remains in the competition

Yes I understand very well Biguyby . The result against Iceland is some sort of Devine punishment for the referendum result. Another couple of statements Brits will understand is that the nation is now split between:-

Fraser: We'er Doomed and Jones : Don't Panic Don't Panic.

I'm pissed off with the pound dropping 10% to around 47 baht. That's what the Financial World think about the referendum result. They are serious people with a big impact.

Some of the Outers think that it will allow the Asians to be chucked out - complete bollocks. There are many EC citizens in the UK doing jobs that Brits won't do. Farm work, Look after the elderly, building sites etc etc. Many Brits are too lazy and prefer a career on benefits.

We won't get a vital trade agreement with the EC unless we agree to free movement. Most Outers have no Idea what a Trade Agreement is.

Hope US citizens take of note what happens when you give Bull Throwers like Boris Johnson or possibly Trump any power.

They are great at talking but when the hard work needs to be done they run for cover rather then help bring about what they called for.

Birds of a Feather: Trump and Boris and you might as well add Bernie also.

Guest abang1961

Boris Johnson had ceased the start of campaigning after Michael Gove's comments.  Gove said that Johnson is NOT suitable to unify the politicans and does not have the necessary leadership skills to lead the country.  Will this sound as BJexit from the political scene? The Home Secretary, Theresa May now stands as the favourite to be the next PM of England.