ggobkk

Suggestions sought = BKK to Pattaya transfer

For my upcoming visit, I decided to go from the airport (BKK) to Pattaya.  In the past I've gone to Bangkok first then ventured now and then to Pattaya.  My flight will arrive around midnight on Saturday, I've booked at the Poseidon...what are some suggestions on companies / taxi services to get me to my destination will as little fuss as possible...as I will be incredibly jet lagged (22 hours on planes or in airports not to mention Thai immigration).  Thanks

In February I made a late night transfer from BKk to the Poseidon in Jomtien Complex. I just went down one floor from arrivals to departures and was on my way in a taxi within a few minutes. The journey was fast in the early hours around 1.5 hours, so the bars in the Complex were still open with plenty of boys still available.

Use "The limo pattaya" at 1200 one way. Always excellent.

For a couple of years I used PT Taxis exclusively, however the last few times i used them I found some things which were a nuisance becoming regular occurances, like stopping mid-journey for fuel adding another 30 mins, or the driver having to be told he is driving too fast too close to other traffic...140kph right behind traffic, weaving through traffic at high speed to make up time, spending long peroids on the phone to friends, girlfriends yapping about things of non-urgent nature while, weaving in and out, and sitting in outside lane at 140kph. On the last journey i used them all occassional occurances happened on the one journey and decided to try elsewhere. Having found the Limo Pattaya and used them multiple times over last 2 years they have been consistent in turning up ahead of time, big comfortable limos, carefully driven with sensible drivers, so, as per above 'always excellent' comment I would highly recommend them.

In the past I was happy enough with PT Taxis but the Bt200 pittance difference between the two I found to be well worth the change to Limo Pattaya. Bt1200 Suvarnabhumi to Pattaya/Jomtien.   

Use "The limo pattaya" at 1200 one way. Always excellent.

That's what I have been using for the last couple of years for the morning run to the airport for my long trip home.   

Nice clean cars, no whining axles, no fuel stops & no toilet stops. Excellent.

If I'm arriving in the afternoon after a short trip within SE Asia, I'll just take the bus.

Poseidon will send a car. Alternatively hitchhike.

Hitchhiking would save some baht and provide some exercise not to mention meeting locals...but, I think I'll try one of the suggesions above, starting with asking the hotel.

Guest ryanasia

Hitchhiking would save some baht and provide some exercise not to mention meeting locals...but, I think I'll try one of the suggesions above, starting with asking the hotel.

Their car isn't the cheapest but it is a very nice car and good driver. I thought it was worth the extra to not worry about it and it just shows up with no effort. Sorry for busting your balls. :)

...like stopping mid-journey for fuel adding another 30 min...   

Vans between Pattaya and Bangkok have these fuel stops, and I have reports about big buses now stopping for fuel. At least with private taxi you could specify during booking that you don't want a fuel stop. With van and bus there is nothing I can do about it.

Unfortunately, there is only one train Bangkok-Pattaya in each direction per day (weekdays), otherwise I would go by train.

Vans between Pattaya and Bangkok have these fuel stops, and I have reports about big buses now stopping for fuel. At least with private taxi you could specify during booking that you don't want a fuel stop. With van and bus there is nothing I can do about it.

Yep - big bus from Ekkamai makes a fuel stop now :(

But we have not done a pick up stop at Bangna at least (11:40 bus from

post-14053-0-44696400-1493967098_thumb.jpg

post-14053-0-30656300-1493967167_thumb.png

last few times going to Pattaya I used Ekkamai vans, 22 baht more than bus but they deliver me to Beach road in the mouth of Pattayaland soi 2 either for free or for consideration of 20 baht

So where do the vans from Ekkamai officially stop in Pattaya? I never tried van from Ekkamai (big bus is more comfortable). And on how many trips is you observation based?

Just today i arrived in Bangkok via Don Muang. I took the A1 bus to mochit then went to Ekamai to take the van. I prefer the van coz the last time it dropped me off in beach road. But today the drop off was a bit far. Another 20 minute ride. Good thing i read it online coz the last time i travelled, the van terminal was in Victory Monument, now it has been transferred to Ekamai bus station along with the buses

Those vans are death traps, why risk your life? I got on one at Ekamai and, after sitting and waiting for it to leave, I came to my senses and crawled out of it and paid for another ticket on the big bus.

Care elaborating? Apart from the small leg room the trip looks safe for me

I was one of the first to enter the van with my luggage. As more and more people, with luggage, entered I realized, in case of an accident it would be impossible to exit, especially if there were a fire. It was even difficult to get out of the van as it was parked.

Plenty of reports in the news about accidents/deaths involving these vans.

In addition, as I was waiting to leave, I noticed some Thai men inspecting the tires on this van. Not a good sign in my mind.

So where do the vans from Ekkamai officially stop in Pattaya? I never tried van from Ekkamai (big bus is more comfortable). And on how many trips is you observation based?

I have no idea where Ekkamai vans terminate in Pattaya now  as on return to BKK I always take a bus but going to Pattaya I used Ekkamai vans on my last four trips.

Jun 2015 , terminated at Pattaya bus station , went to BT by motorsai -80 baht

Dec 2015 and Jun 2016 van dropped me on Beach street at mouth of Pattayalad free of charge

Dec 2016  the same but this time wanted 20 baht. not sure new policy or driver's greed but I consider it good deal anyways.

I agree with koko that vans are bit cramped inside but reason I took them was always that they were leaving right now, in fact on one occasion I got into one when it was leaving station already and waiting for lights to change.