TotallyOz

30 Day suspensions

Koko, for a minute I thought you were referring to me!

Owing to the width of the legs of my order-made shorts, my "coconuts" do dangle.

But it must be someone else.

They are not short-shorts and I don't wear tank tops.

No, not you a447a. I believe the only place your coconuts and banana dangle are at Eros Bar. 

110 USD !, If i spent that much on pants I would feel pick-pocketed already , LOL

But I'm pretty sure that similar can be found on Chatuchak or even Talat Bobae for 1/3 of price as idea is neat

Thanks for the tip. Have been to Chatuchak many times but never to Talat Bobae but it's now on itinerary for next trip.

reader, nice pants and shorts on that site. I especially liked the Business Travel Pants.

For me, I have found that golf shorts with multiple pockets (some zippered) are a good choice. Somewhat more stylish than regular cargo shorts yet have convenience of extra pockets plus are wash and wear in a light fabric.

This thread sure has morphed since its introduction.

Thanks for the tip. Have been to Chatuchak many times but never to Talat Bobae but it's now on itinerary for next trip.

sometimes spelled Boebae,

easy to get to  by Klong Saen Saep boat, has own boat pier right in the market, nothing spectacular but clothing prices very competitive as it's not touristy at all ,

I visit every trip and usually buy something. Can be easily combined with trip to Golden Mount , one boat stop further

Guest ryanasia

Agreed but I'm a bit worried about ggobkk: he might be "disconcerted".

I would do it for half price.

I wear what I wear for my comfort. I couldn't give a flying fuck what anyone else thinks of my choices.

I would agree with this most of the time but would add that sometimes we need to dress for the occasion/venue which doesn't necessarily imply a sacrifice on comfort.  I've been guilty of wearing dress shorts to "nice" places/night time venues but this is usually due to peer pressure/group think.  Personally I like to dress up when going for a big night out.

Ah, gladpuppy, so good to see you back. There seems to be a rising interest in hearing more about your experiences in the Singapore military.  You've told us how helpful it's been to you in other aspects of your life so could you--would you--enlighten us about those good times with your "mates," the long, lonely nights in the barracks?

Did they treat you to blanket parties and make sure you enjoyed those hot, soapy showers? Did they give you special attention like Russian NCO's are fond of dispensing to worthy underlings?

My erection hardens in anticipation.

Regardless of destination or trip duration, I never check a bag so that limits me to one wheel-on and one smaller item. That means I've got to limit my clothing to to stuff that is washable and relatively quick drying. Shirts are easy to find in this category, especially if you're traveling in hot places like LOS. I pack a few T's but the rest have collars.

Pants are the most important item for me and beyond being lightweight and easy to wash, I want a multiple, secure pockets that allow me to carry ID, larger notes and anything else I really don't want to lose. Although I've never been pick-pocketed in Thailand, can't say the same for some Euro and South America destinations (Barcelona and Buenos Aires come to mind).  The following meet my needs and have sufficient pockets to accommodate smaller items I may pick up so I don't have to carry bags.

Like others have said, appearing GQ acceptable is not on my check list.  I seek a balance between utility and comfort.

https://www.clothingarts.com/products/pickpocket_proof_adventure_travel_pants?variant=1298674136

I am like you, and all I take is carry-on for a stay limited to two weeks.  The biggest items are an extra pair of shoes and my electronics. I wear my jeans on the trip the same as a long-sleeve shirt with two buttoned pockets for passport and money. Other clothes are a (long) short with plenty of closed pockets (but less than $110 worth), short-sleeve shirts, t-shirt, exercise shorts, a sexy speedo and other minor things. Rarely I have to wash a shirt in my room.

Since I have covered already all the tourist traps I don't need to worry much about being formal, but I still like to look somewhat attractive, haha.  So while I was always a "medium" now my shirts are "small", which is to say the "medium" in BKK. In ANY CASE, I carry enough money and credit card to buy whatever I might ever need there.  And I have plenty of room left in my carry-on for the presents I buy for my bf back home and myself. 

Maybe it's a jeepney and you are in the Philippines? If I am right, I will use my bonus points towards future trip reports posted by you. ;)

GOOD GOD!! Do not tell me you are visiting Manila??

Land of Jeepneys!!!

:good:

Haha WOW I didn't think it was gonna be that easy to guess.  Well then I owe you guys a drink or something. 

Now about that trip report, I guess I can write about this current trip. If anyone can guess where this was taken from (building and floor number! - lol), then I will write about this trip. For those who already know where I am (via PM or LINE), you're not allowed to participate lol.

Bring in the rain:

post-16149-0-60094400-1495326048_thumb.jpg

Guest McGarty

Now about that trip report, I guess I can write about this current trip. If anyone can guess where this was taken from (building and floor number! - lol), then I will write about this trip. 

attachicon.gifIMG_0571.JPG

Hhmmm  -   You know you want toooooo

Guest McGarty

Ah, gladpuppy, so good to see you back. There seems to be a rising interest in hearing more about your experiences in the Singapore military.  You've told us how helpful it's been to you in other aspects of your life so could you--would you--enlighten us about those good times with your "mates," the long, lonely nights in the barracks?

Did they treat you to blanket parties and make sure you enjoyed those hot, soapy showers? Did they give you special attention like Russian NCO's are fond of dispensing to worthy underlings?

My erection hardens in anticipation.

Why are you trying to lead him on?  He's outsmarted you and ignored you accordingly.

Why are you trying to lead him on?  He's outsmarted you and ignored you accordingly.

He disrespects the forum by introducing himself as a 24-year-old exchange student from Singapore when he's actually a farang about three times that age living in Bangkok. 

We expect occasional misrepresentation on dating apps but this ain't no dating app.

He certainly attempts to outsmart us all by trying to make us believe he's a young Asian student when he's just another guy like most of us, except he concocted this charade to make himself more desirable.

He ridiculed the two gay Indonesians sentenced to caining and then doubled down on it. That seem smart to you?

Actually he ridiculed YOU for misspelling caning, but granted, it can be argued that this wasn't the best topic to make any kind of silly joke.

As for who or what he is, I don't really care. Everyone can be anyone on the Internet, I think the key is not to take things too seriously. While I personally don't see any benefit in misrepresenting myself, if it makes him happy, fine with me.

Edited by Alexx

He thinks nothing of misrepresenting himself to fellow members but he takes offense at misspelled words? His sense of values is worshipful.

You're saying that members here should read this forum with an automatic acceptance that others are misrepresenting who they are, then why should we believe anything they say? It would be a colossal waste of time. The forum, IMHO, works as well as it does because we have some confidence in the authenticity of the information shared here.

If that's how he gets his jollies, then it's the board that loses . He should take that to GR or hornet where that's accepted behavior.

The only thing we might agree on is that I don't care who he is either; I do care who he isn't.

As for who or what he is, I don't really care. Everyone can be anyone on the Internet, I think the key is not to take things too seriously. While I personally don't see any benefit in misrepresenting myself, if it makes him happy, fine with me.

In my earlier trip reports I got sort of excoriated by some members for thinking I was misrepresenting myself, even raking me through the coals with ever single detail they thought was inaccurate. I think the reason why a lot of members like my reports is because they really happened to me. If I was just making things up, I wouldn't mind the occasional naysayer, but if what was reported was true, it is harder to swallow.

Would you care if my reports were all made up? The beauty of Bangkok is that it doesn't take much to make your vacation interesting enough. I couldn't make this shit up even if I wanted to. Real life is more exciting.

Not sure what his motivation is for misrepresenting himself. If he is happy, OK fine, and I don't have to read about it.

As for who or what he is, I don't really care. Everyone can be anyone on the Internet

Agreed - and agreed. But as reader points out, surely there is in fact a difference if someone deliberately posts as a totally different character and then attempts to make other posters believe he is who he definitely is not? The posts then become mere figments of an overripe imagination which others may very well believe. Of course everyone here is basically anonymous. But when readers see information about Asia allegedly from an Asian perspective, they have a right to believe that what is written does come from personal experience.

My guess is no posters here have ever stated their exact age, occupation, nationality and ethnicity in any posts, let alone their first ones. Absolutely nothing wrong with that ... unless everything is fake. If that happens to be the case ... and we don't know fr sure ... doesnt it take this forum back into Beachlover territory? This poster was initially warmly welcomed for being young and of Asian descent. Yet it soon became obvious he was a total fake when he started throwing out all manner of insults and issuing a host of reports on imaginary trips. He had surfaced on several Boards. He ended up being banned on all!