JimmyJoe

Toyboys Pattaya off fee

Whatever is on the menu is always going to be on the high side.    They are there to get as much as they can.

You have 3 choices, pay it, negotiate or go elsewhere.     But don't make the mistake of assuming that's the price everywhere.

Reality (Pattaya):

Short time = 1000 minimum (approx consensus);   1200~1300 normal rate;   1500 Toy Boys

Long time = 1500 minimum (approx consensus);    1600~2000 normal rate;   3000 Toy Boys

If I was trying to off a boy from Toy Boys, I would either be intending to negotiate back to the normal level, or leaving the boy in the bar. 

As it is, since the selection of boys in places like Cupidol was better, I simply didn't bother with Toy Boys on the last visit.

You have 3 choices, pay it, negotiate or go elsewhere.   

That sums it up nicely.

Boys have just 2 choices, negotiate or stand their / or bar's / ground.

No need to despair , as 1moRussian reported recently , boy standing firm one night was willing to accept his offer next night.

Sometimes just checking bin ready to go does the trick and cherished 'OK, Ok' follows.

No need for drama or scenes.

Perhaps I should mention that the off fee at Boyz Boyz Boyz is now 800 Baht.

is April Fool Day here already?

Are they trying to outbid Dreamboy soi twilight?

250 our drink, 450 boy's , 800 off fee , that's 1500 before we even step outside.

While I think everybody can charge whatever market will bear I wonder how it will play and I'm afraid it may put down pressure on boys tips. Let's see 

We all have to watch our budgets, indeed I am probably facing a reduced daily budget this coming trip :( 

But that said, generally on my holidays, time is even more precious than money; getting the best I can out of each day.

If I see a lad who is carbonating my hormones just by smiling at me, am I really going walk away over an extra 500 baht or even an extra 1,000 baht?  

As long as I don't do it every day I would rather enjoy the experience and capture the memories than go off in search of second best for the night. 

I don't have many regrets from my Thai holidays, but of those, most are for hesitating rather than grabbing the opportunities that present themselves.

Fortunately Toy Boys is full of little opportunities LOL

Perhaps I should mention that the off fee at Boyz Boyz Boyz is now 800 Baht.

That could be a coyote boy off before 23:00 - had it that April. Anyway, 3 times paid 500 - but no drinks cause I knew who I want, so I thought they just tried to take a drink price from me. The boy kept saying that he is paying BBB those 300 baht next day...

I don't care if Boyz Boyz Boyz charge 8 baht, 800 baht or 8000 baht off fee.  I'm not interested by the boys they parade in the street, so see no need to go in.     Those who do like that kind of boy can also go elsewhere if the fees get too high.

As for Vessey's budget, well after reading your excellent trip reports, I'm sorry to hear you will have a reduced budget on the next trip.    Then, 2 lines down you are saying what does the extra 500 or 1000 baht here or there matter ?       Well if you're setting a Bill Gates sized budget and having to reduce it for the next trip, I suppose the odd 1000 baht does not matter.   It really doesn't.

For those of us who are merely typical middle class, some care can be required.  If your reduced budget starts dropping below previous trip expenditure levels, then the odd 500 or 1000 baht does matter.   

For me, budgeting works out like this:

1  Despite my modest salary, I have a high savings ratio when not on holiday.    I have a fine lifestyle, but it  involves a 20th century car on the drive & other decisions which save money & have zero impact on my happiness. .

2 Savings are invested globally, so even if my home currency falls (£), I'm not impoverished too badly.

3 To set the holiday budget, I just take the previous year's budget (in baht) and add a 25% margin.  Even when the pound has fallen a lot, I try not to think about it, considering point 2.

4 I spend modestly & tip fairly, but do not throw money around.   Why even entertain paying a Toy Boy 3000 baht, when there are bars like Cupidol on the same street ?       At the end of the trip, I usually come in at least 20% under budget.   Happy & solvent.   I also don't recall a boy ever avoiding the opportunity of a second off with me, so they must be content as well.

The whole idea is to try & keep visiting Thailand, preferably for longer periods, whist knowing exchange rates & all the rest of it move all over the place.   Whether I actually manage that is another matter.    

I don't have many regrets from my Thai holidays, but of those, most are for hesitating rather than grabbing the opportunities that present themselves.

the same here

Doesn't matter how careful we are with budget . money is always in short supply , both at home and on vacations. That's the nature of the beast I guess.

Mercifully our brains are helping us from time to time and gorgeous semi-god  on the stage may not seem that fabulous when he demands , say , 5000 LT and may look quite ugly if  you yield and he still tells you that he will no go with you because he must go with another client / been there/   

previous year's budget or actual expenditures on that trip?  

Good spot.     Budget = Previous years expenditure + 25%   (accounting in baht).  

I expect actual spend from the budget averages well under 5% inflation (in baht), although in GBP it probably looks worse.    

Guest samebb

I stopped by toy boys last night about 11pm. My favorite twink boy who has been discussed here a few times was stood outside so didn't need to go in.

What suprised me was there must have been 10 of the boys out front in their underwear. Was very hot!

I am spending way to much this trip so we are going to meet up when he isn't working. Save an off fee at least!

Reading this thread I reflect on how the price of rent boys in Pattaya has changed over the years. I first discovered Pats in 2002 and was amazed how cheap the services I bought were ie hotels, boys and drinks. Hotel prices do not seem to have increased much in the 15 years probably due to the huge increase in availablability but the expectations of boys certainly have - I would say be more than 100%.

During my first few trips I mostly offed from Sunee gogos of which there were maybe about ten, but my favourite was Kaos. The off fee was 300 and I was paying 1000 LT and very often the boy would stay with you for a good part of the following day. I even remember taking a boy from the Soi and paying 500 LT. I was very horny in those days and long time meant multiple episodes of kissing, sucking and topping often condom-less, with boys eager to please. Living dangerously ! - I'm sensible now.

The pound bought 70 baht so a nights pleasure cost less than 20 pounds. Now I'm looking at 60 plus. Sex is still relatively cheap in Pattaya but an average day including accommodation will run to well over 100.

One item which has gone down in price is the airfare to get there. I've just paid for my next flight at 540 pounds - rather less than in 2002. Also baht bus fares are still 10 baht although Thais paid 5.

Going back to boys. The Thai economy has expanded greatly and there are much more alternative opportunities for employment for boys than the rice fields and building sites.

What suprised me was there must have been 10 of the boys out front in their underwear. Was very hot!

I observed that some 'outside boys' never make to the stage; they may be meant to be just 'lookers' to attract customers/to advertise the bar? Never managed to figure that out. Any sights?

For me it's well worth talking about a difference of 500 Baht, and telling the boy who wants 1500 that I will easily find someone who accepts 1000 elsewhere.

To each his own. To haggle over 500 bht or somthing like that before the deed would probably spoil my mood anyway. And to argue about it 'after the fact', which is seldom but possible, is entirely different as the lust has subsided:)

.on holiday spending money is always 100 GBP per day....Doesn't matter where you go, or what you do...Same same !

100 GBP per day worked OK in Pattaya when there was 50 baht to the pound.   I wouldn't set that limit at current exchange rates.

I find it's inadequate for Bangkok and is way to much in some other locations.  

If you go out to some smaller town in Thailand that has no gogo boys to spend money on & nice hotels for well under 1000 baht, the daily budget can be much lower.

For me it's well worth talking about a difference of 500 Baht, and telling the boy who wants 1500 that I will easily find someone who accepts 1000 elsewhere.

But you have to see it in context: I pay 500 for my hotel room in Baan Dok Mai, and I mostly eat streetfood. So for that difference of 500 Baht, I can stay one night in hotel, or eat 3 days. Whereas if you stay in hotels that cost 1000 or 2000 Baht per night, and eat in fine restaurants, it's not worth arguing over a difference of 500 Baht tip.

I think it's a good habit to be frugal.  It may start in childhood growing up modestly, but it pays off the whole life making money problems non existent. I rather walk a short distance than pay for a taxi, but I could write a check for the whole taxi on the spot (maybe this is why I don't have a belly, and I apologize to those who hate me say that).

I have no experience with paying boys yet.  My standards for boys are important but reasonable, they don't have to be the best meat in town. While I won't take advantage of their need, I expect to not be taken advantage by their beauty.

But one never knows...   :)

I observed that some 'outside boys' never make to the stage; they may be meant to be just 'lookers' to attract customers/to advertise the bar? Never managed to figure that out. Any sights?

Yep, that is, discussed at ToyBoyz trend here: http://www.gaythailand.com/forums/forum/36-gay-pattaya/

They are freelancers, but I believe they get something from the bar to be there. Most are available as ST tops, one or two are reported to refuse to go with male customers.

When Toyboys is not busy in the bar its fairly normal to find a few of their boys hanging around outside (not just the str8 boys)...early evening they might be grabbing something to eat etc...late evening looking for a passing farang who'll off them & take them to NAB...but if the bar gets the busy they'll normally be called back inside to the stage.

Guest samebb

Yep, that is, discussed at ToyBoyz trend here: http://www.gaythailand.com/forums/forum/36-gay-pattaya/

They are freelancers, but I believe they get something from the bar to be there. Most are available as ST tops, one or two are reported to refuse to go with male customers.

Not all freelancers. Careful here. The boy i went to talk to has been working there, on the stage, with a number, for quite a while now. Someone started a thread on here recently dedicated to finding where he worked.

Guest samebb

I have no experience with paying boys yet.

It's quite rare that a moneyboy in Thailand will flat out refuse a customer and loose money, but I have heard about it happening.

Don't get down about it.

Not all freelancers. Careful here. The boy i went to talk to has been working there, on the stage, with a number, for quite a while now. Someone started a thread on here recently dedicated to finding where he worked.

Read carefully next time, samebb - Rollingstone asked about guys, who never make to the stage